Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 312666 times)

the claw

Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #900 on: May 05, 2014, 11:37:31 PM »
Play Vicks in the ruck and Griff as second ruck.

lets do what has already failed as poor as hampson has been id have him in the ruck over vickery every day of the week. talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

When was Vicks our number 1 ruck?

Claw NFI

When maric Griff Tyrone all fit

Hampson should be no where near senior team

Even now - should be Tyrone and griff
lol vickery plays one ordinary game instead of totally stinking it up and hes back. i cant wait to see the reactions of people here when he actually plays a decent big mans  game or even a decent  game.  we sure love our spuds.

mate id play griffiths in the ruck before that pea heart vickery.  you think hampsons a poor riuckman well compared to vickery in the role hes aaron sandilands.

if the club had brains and guts it would be shopping vickery off to anyone who is silly enough to give up a decent pick for him. if it had any brains it would also be scouting around for a replacement on hampson as well.

if vickery could play ruck do you really think they would have gone and got hampson. ffs even the nuffers at the club can see it.
if your planning on building a side around either player you are deluded.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #901 on: May 06, 2014, 01:52:18 AM »
Play Vicks in the ruck and Griff as second ruck.

lets do what has already failed as poor as hampson has been id have him in the ruck over vickery every day of the week. talk about out of the frying pan into the fire.

When was Vicks our number 1 ruck?

Claw NFI

When maric Griff Tyrone all fit

Hampson should be no where near senior team

Even now - should be Tyrone and griff
lol vickery plays one ordinary game instead of totally stinking it up and hes back. i cant wait to see the reactions of people here when he actually plays a decent big mans  game or even a decent  game.  we sure love our spuds.

mate id play griffiths in the ruck before that pea heart vickery.  you think hampsons a poor riuckman well compared to vickery in the role hes aaron sandilands.

if the club had brains and guts it would be shopping vickery off to anyone who is silly enough to give up a decent pick for him. if it had any brains it would also be scouting around for a replacement on hampson as well.

if vickery could play ruck do you really think they would have gone and got hampson. ffs even the nuffers at the club can see it.
if your planning on building a side around either player you are deluded.
I agree with this.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #902 on: May 06, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »

if the club had brains, we would have traded out Vickery last year when he had some perceived value.  They wouldn't have traded Hampson in either.

As bad as the big O is, I could put up with him rucking with Griffiths until we got Maric back and developed another Ruckman or traded in for a decent one if we had used Hampson's pick on a decent player and got someone useful for Vickery.  Need to build the list with quality, not fill it with junk.

Our current midfielders can't effectively clear or use the ball even if the ball is tapped into their hands which reduces Hampson's value further.  They just fumble it and then look for a quick 5m backward kick or handball and turn it over.  We have done nothing to build quality where we need it.  The list looks very working class, without the work ethic or grunt run by a coach who exploits its weaknesses and ignores its strengths.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #903 on: May 06, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »
When Vickery started up forward I want to jump off a cliff! He was deplorable. But when the decision was made to throw him into the ruck, he actually got more involved in proceedings. Maybe because he had no choice. Thinking outside the square, why don't we change his role to a defensive ruckman? Or let him take Chappy's Role and "Bring Back the Griff!!"   

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #904 on: May 06, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
I agree with you Tiga but then I remember what a gutless lazy player Vickery is and think the reserves would suit him better.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #905 on: May 06, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »
Vickery in the backline? Pass. If you think his laziness, poor positioning & dropped marks are costing us now....

Regardless of what claw says it was a massive mistake to just give up on him as a ruckman -Vickery's almost a better mid than he is a KPP - people need to start viewing ruckmen as midfielders as much as they are KPP's, particularly nowadays. Who would you rather in the midfield, Hamspud, Stephenson or Vickery?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #906 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »
Vickery in the backline? Pass. If you think his laziness, poor positioning & dropped marks are costing us now....

Regardless of what claw says it was a massive mistake to just give up on him as a ruckman -Vickery's almost a better mid than he is a KPP - people need to start viewing ruckmen as midfielders as much as they are KPP's, particularly nowadays. Who would you rather in the midfield, Hamspud, Stephenson or Vickery?

Is there another option?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #907 on: May 06, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »

Is there another option?

Yes but in 2-3 weeks he'll still be another 2-3 weeks away from being 2-3 weeks away.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #908 on: May 06, 2014, 05:09:53 PM »
When Vickery started up forward I want to jump off a cliff! He was deplorable. But when the decision was made to throw him into the ruck, he actually got more involved in proceedings. Maybe because he had no choice. Thinking outside the square, why don't we change his role to a defensive ruckman? Or let him take Chappy's Role and "Bring Back the Griff!!"   

Regardless of what most say, im with dioc, i actually think he has the makings of a very accomplished ruckman. His body should be close to mature enough to spend a lot more time there now. I wouldn't be adverse to dropping Hampson and playing Vickery in the ruck 60-70% with Griff chopping out until Maric gets back. Both are mobile and we get to see what a mature Vickery brings to the table in the ruck.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #909 on: May 06, 2014, 08:10:52 PM »
Yep, I'm on board with this as well. Both young, developing Ruckman.
Why should a 27 yo who has plateaued get preference to young, developing players who haven't peaked?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #910 on: May 09, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »
Hampson  - 16% winning hitouts to advantage in the defensive midfield. Sandilands is No.1 pretty much over the rest of the park.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-09/the-inquirer-are-ruckmen-valuable

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #911 on: May 09, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
Derickx > Hamspud

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #913 on: May 15, 2014, 07:43:57 AM »

My only question is...

Is it worth it trying to get Shaun to 100 games?

:lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #914 on: May 15, 2014, 09:50:38 AM »

My only question is...

Is it worth it trying to get Shaun to 100 games?

:lol

The baby will be a model
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH