Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 318016 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #1170 on: March 07, 2015, 10:08:38 AM »
I'm not one for dancing round an issue lads, but i don't think I've ever said I hate a particular player. Or anyone at the club for that matter.

Chuck makes a reasonable and measured point, there's a lot of hate out there.

I'm certain Claw just dislikes Hampson and the 'hate' label is just a minor verb-based play on dislike
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1171 on: March 07, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »
I think you can hate someone as a footballer but not as an individual.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1172 on: March 07, 2015, 11:26:42 AM »

x2

Gigantor

« Reply #1173 on: March 07, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
Hate is a strong word indeed,but it is Claw afterall.A man whose passions can runneth over the top.Iam sure if claw hates he does like Khomeni

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1174 on: March 07, 2015, 11:36:29 AM »

It's an interesting one. Do people who say they hate player x also hate the person?

And some of us might be able to separate the two, but would the individual who plays football (and for the most part football defines who he is as a person), not take offence as an individual rather than as a footballer?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #1175 on: March 07, 2015, 11:39:44 AM »
Maybe they hate what these players represent.Put on a Carlton jumper and you re liable to get a declaration of war from me

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1176 on: March 07, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »
Jowl Bowden
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1177 on: March 07, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »
There's too much hate in the world already

what you have never said you hate a footballer before? Doesnt mean we hate them as people because truth is we dont know them.

That being said I can honestly say wrongly or rightly i have said i hate Hird in the last 2 years on more than 1 occasion..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1178 on: March 07, 2015, 07:55:37 PM »
Judd
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1179 on: March 07, 2015, 11:17:45 PM »
hate the bastard should never ever have taken him, but you know what im chuckling. this bloke cops heaps but hes a better ruck option than every other ruckman on the list bar big ivan. yet i dont see the vitriol for them that this bloke gets. you lot are sure selective in your criticisms.

Hate is a strong word Clawski. Maybe you just dislike him as a player
well i dont the big no hoper so it would be impossible to hate him as a person. it only leaves the footballing side of it.
i knew when i posted it that some nuffies would act all offended.

oh and philisophically there is very much a need for hate in all of us. gotta love the idealists of the world eh. some of em are dangerous they put their ideals in front of all else no matter the consequences down the track. consequences that have to be cleaned up by others.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #1180 on: March 08, 2015, 08:37:40 PM »
hate the bastard should never ever have taken him, but you know what im chuckling. this bloke cops heaps but hes a better ruck option than every other ruckman on the list bar big ivan. yet i dont see the vitriol for them that this bloke gets. you lot are sure selective in your criticisms.

well i dont the big no hoper so it would be impossible to hate him as a person. it only leaves the footballing side of it.

oh and philisophically there is very much a need for hate in all of us. gotta love the idealists of the world eh. some of em are dangerous they put their ideals in front of all else no matter the consequences down the track. consequences that have to be cleaned up by others.

yep you gotta hate those people like Ghandi, trotsky, plato and co,, their stupid ideals just got in the way of stagnating humanity..  i also would argue that hate is a leftover emotion from our evolution..  Hate is something that is created via anger from someone attacking a persons ego...  The larger the ego, the more hate the person feels..  simple isnt it.  so actually there is no need for hate at all if your ego is held in check.  ;)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1181 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
Cotchin said the Tigers' match committee had a decision to make on whether they could also play fellow big man Shaun Hampson, who impressed in the opening NAB Challenge match but was left out against the Power.

"He's come a long way from last year," Cotchin said of the former Blues ruckman.

"We love how he's improved over the summer and he's just going to give himself every chance to play in the senior team.

"Ivan has had a really continuous pre-season, which he hasn't had for a couple of years now, so he'll be set to go for round one.

"He's a massive part of our structure and we're just looking forward to him being ready and available at the start of the season."

Source: AFL website

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1182 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »

yep you gotta hate those people like Ghandi, trotsky, plato and co,, their stupid ideals just got in the way of stagnating humanity..  i also would argue that hate is a leftover emotion from our evolution..  Hate is something that is created via anger from someone attacking a persons ego...  The larger the ego, the more hate the person feels..  simple isnt it.  so actually there is no need for hate at all if your ego is held in check.  ;)
Christopher Pyne transcends all of this and triggers a need to be hurt, it must be a quirk of evolution that demands he be removed from the gene pool immediately.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1183 on: March 17, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
Good to see people filling the "irrelevent political rants in football threads" void left by Judge.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1184 on: March 17, 2015, 02:40:43 PM »

Self analysis.
Not necessarily applicable to all individuals.
Caracella and Balmey.