Author Topic: Is Foley worth a game? Rate our mids.  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Is Foley worth a game? Rate our mids.
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
I think the other element to this argument is that we have a good second tier of young talent now moving through the midfield -
Conca, Ellis & Vlaustin could all be A graders in the future but even if they don't reach those heights they will be very solid additions at worst. With another quality midfielder targeted this year (at least going on recent history)with our first pick, it seems we are really developing (and hoping) our young talls. I have far less confidence that Griffiths, Elton, Astbury, McBean and Grimes will all be 200 game players than our young midfielders.

This is why Foley may be struggling - the consistency he lacks compared to the consistency that the young mids are already producing.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:52 AM »
I think the other element to this argument is that we have a good second tier of young talent now moving through the midfield -
Conca, Ellis & Vlaustin could all be A graders in the future but even if they don't reach those heights they will be very solid additions at worst. With another quality midfielder targeted this year (at least going on recent history)with our first pick, it seems we are really developing (and hoping) our young talls. I have far less confidence that Griffiths, Elton, Astbury, McBean and Grimes will all be 200 game players than our young midfielders.

This is why Foley may be struggling - the consistency he lacks compared to the consistency that the young mids are already producing.
The guy lacks consistency because he played on one leg. If he can overcome injury concerns and have a full preseason then he becomes very important to us.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
Literally

His injured leg half the size

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
Literally

His injured leg half the size

So was Kelvin Moores.

Do we ever learn ?
Caracella and Balmey.