Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?  (Read 3874 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 10. Shane Edwards?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »
RFC rate him as our best small forward and wasn't he rated a the most under rated player in the AFL at the beginning of the year but what would they know ! Dam armatures!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
For a bloke who plays mainly as a forward his return of 11.12 is well not good enough.

His defensive pressure inside F50 is very good but we don't utilise it enough

I tend to agree with big tone, should be left as a permanent small forward

Started the year well but tapered off badly, was nowhere to be found in our only final which is what we all remember

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »
Shane Edwards is a great example of what happens to player when the coaching staff gets it wrong.
Looked like a fish out of water in half 2 of the year and his confidence had totally deserted him by the first final.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 06:59:10 PM »
Shane has great skill,unfortunately he appears to not concentrate for a whole game

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
For a bloke who plays mainly as a forward his return of 11.12 is well not good enough.

Started the year well but tapered off badly, was nowhere to be found in our only final which is what we all remember

How does his pressure acts and tacking stack up with others.

Out of curiosity what was the excuse before this year? Broke up with his girlfriend, misses his family up north or his brother Tambling

It seems every year it's this persons that persons fault, now it's the coaches fault.

I blame Dimma for one thing, that's holding onto this hack for as long as he have. He had currency in a good draft. Good clubs offload (Dawes:Wellingham).

11 goals. Dear me. Nahas would've got more than that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 08:05:49 PM »

How does his pressure acts and tacking stack up with others.

Out of curiosity what was the excuse before this year? Broke up with his girlfriend, misses his family up north or his brother Tambling

It seems every year it's this persons that persons fault, now it's the coaches fault.

I blame Dimma for one thing, that's holding onto this hack for as long as he have. He had currency in a good draft. Good clubs offload (Dawes:Wellingham).

11 goals. Dear me. Nahas would've got more than that.

x2
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
Would probable give Shane a 3 or 4, I honestly thought that if he were to have a break out year this would of been it. As TM has said, one good year is all Shane has had.

While I am very disappointed and I would of liked to see Shane improve as I backed him in the entire year without bagging him at all his lack of improvement really reinforces what I have been saying for years about him.

I hate to say I  told you so but..... :whistle

We should of traded Shane when he had that decent year, instead we re-signed him...people are complaining about picking up Hampson, in all honesty you should be complaining about the club continuing to carry Edwards for so many years with very little in return.

Anyway, he is still in he team for next year so lets hope he can actually improve..

LMAO you have been blowing smoke up his arse for at least half of the year

:clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
Would probable give Shane a 3 or 4, I honestly thought that if he were to have a break out year this would of been it. As TM has said, one good year is all Shane has had.

While I am very disappointed and I would of liked to see Shane improve as I backed him in the entire year without bagging him at all his lack of improvement really reinforces what I have been saying for years about him.

We should of traded Shane when he had that decent year, instead we re-signed him...people are complaining about picking up Hampson, in all honesty you should be complaining about the club continuing to carry Edwards for so many years with very little in return.

Anyway, he is still in he team for next year so lets hope he can actually improve..

For about 4 games I said he was going along nicely, he was, then he dropped it. 4 games is not half the season. BTW....for 5 years I have called it how it is... CS... :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

:clapping :lol :clapping :lol :clapping

Stop being pathetic and trying to bait, that is all you do lately....shame.... :-\

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
How am I trying to bait Chuck? I agree with his post.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »

Goodnight coach, stop being silly.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »

Goodnight? It's 8pm FFS. :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »

Goodnight? It's 8pm FFS. :lol

I am up at 3.45am, into the gym and work by 5am... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 01:58:37 AM »
One of those strange players you get from time to time that's in that twilight zone of being just one step below gun and just one step above dud. Ideal trade bait for mine but alas, in typical RFC fashion, we'll hang on to him until he's worth nothing.

So what to do with Calamity Shane?  To me he's the most blatantly obvious "super-sub" candidate on the list and should be utilised in the role as much as possible - as the freshest player on the ground those party tricks might actually start to pay off more than once in every half-dozen matches and the nearly man just might finally become the gamebreaker his fanboy apologists would have everyone believe he was always going to be. (yep just wait until he hits that second decade of his AFL career - then you'll all see!)

Of course this would require the kind of out-of-the-box lateral thinking (though it really isn't) that the player's bestest pal, ol' Dimmer Switch seems to be averse to, so I'm not holding my breath.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »
One of those strange players you get from time to time that's in that twilight zone of being just one step below gun and just one step above dud. Ideal trade bait for mine but alas, in typical RFC fashion, we'll hang on to him until he's worth nothing.

So what to do with Calamity Shane?  To me he's the most blatantly obvious "super-sub" candidate on the list and should be utilised in the role as much as possible - as the freshest player on the ground those party tricks might actually start to pay off more than once in every half-dozen matches and the nearly man just might finally become the gamebreaker his fanboy apologists would have everyone believe he was always going to be. (yep just wait until he hits that second decade of his AFL career - then you'll all see!)

Of course this would require the kind of out-of-the-box lateral thinking (though it really isn't) that the player's bestest pal, ol' Dimmer Switch seems to be averse to, so I'm not holding my breath.

Agree with the first two paragraphs they make a lot of sense.

Unfortunately the third is just a cheap shot at the coach who has got our club out of the pooheap of mediocrity