Author Topic: Mid Season Break - Yay  (Read 3051 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Mid Season Break - Yay
« on: June 18, 2005, 08:38:07 PM »
Watching on telly tonight as stuck at work - late in the second and we are getting creamed like the Tigers of old (well the one's from the last 20 years anyway).

Mid Season Break perfect timing maybe a week late by the look of it - I reckon they should go up to Laguna get on the pee together and just forget about the footy and any type of training for a week - just be boys let there hair down and try and refresh - Go to the beach use their AFL celebrity pick up a few stunners.

Point is no use dwelling on the last 4 weeks just come back rejuvenated and ready to start again - Dont stew on it for the whole 2 weeks. I will do that for them  :shh

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Mid Season Break - Yay
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:17:49 PM »
 :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 10:29:04 PM »
I've held out for Morrison but he is a dud.

:banghead

I know you have to 'stick to your man', how about getting involved in a contest,
HELPING OUT YOUR TEAM MATES
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 10:39:29 PM »
We will come to rue overachieving in the first ten games.

We'll be lucky to win another game for the year.

Our forwards are crap (bar Richo) and our midfield is crap (bar Cogs, Tuck and Johnson).

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 10:40:28 PM »
I like em John F but Cogs, Tuck and Johnson got belted in the midfield tonight.

Belted.

Heinrich Heine

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 10:43:37 PM »
A bit harsh on Morrison, he had is own guy to worry about, and infact i saw him a few times peel off his guy to chase/smother/tackle someone else's guy!

He was far from our worst player!

Newman playing on Welsh!  :help

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:45:34 PM »
I know there's a heap of K.Johnson fans out there, but he does too much recieving!!!!

He dug in early in the 3rd quarter, but the rest of the game he stood there and waited for it.

Someone's gotta get it!!!!!!

Like JohnF said last week, they took Tuck off last week for 5 minutes, NO ONE GOT IT. Alright you can't have 3 guys dive down on the ball, but you can't leave it to Tuck everytime either. Someone, ie Kane Johnson has got to bend over and get the thing yourself sometimes.

Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 10:47:03 PM »
A bit harsh on Morrison, he had is own guy to worry about, and infact i saw him a few times peel off his guy to chase/smother/tackle someone else's guy!

Fair enough but how many times did you see Morrison hit a pack?

I was watching him closely, the answer is: NONE!
Heinrich Heine

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 10:47:44 PM »
Sorry JohnF...but Cogs is really peeing me off. He just turns it over way too much.

Someone get me some rope!
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 10:48:08 PM »
I like em John F but Cogs, Tuck and Johnson got belted in the midfield tonight.

Belted.

They were, but a midfield should consist of 6-8 players.

If Coughlan, Tuck and Johnson got belted, what's to be said of Hyde, Chaffey, Tivendale and part timers like Jackson, Campbell and our two ruckmen?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »
Sorry JohnF...but Cogs is really peeing me off. He just turns it over way too much.

Someone get me some rope!

He has his moments om21, but he'd be one of the last guys I'd look to bag. He has been great for us this year and would be in our 3 best players in the B&F count.

Yes he was pretty bad tonight. No question.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 10:53:10 PM »

They were, but a midfield should consist of 6-8 players.

If Coughlan, Tuck and Johnson got belted, what's to be said of Hyde, Chaffey, Tivendale and part timers like Jackson, Campbell and our two ruckmen?

True.

Nothing can be said of those part timers.

I think something can be said of Kane Johnson, who decided to put himself back on the ball with 10 minutes to go, and didn't even tell Daniel Jackson he was doing so!

Poor captaincy by Kane Johnson. What was the use of denying an 18yo some time on the ball when we were 10 goals down, come on.

Heinrich Heine

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 10:57:28 PM »
I know there's a heap of K.Johnson fans out there, but he does too much recieving!!!!

He dug in early in the 3rd quarter, but the rest of the game he stood there and waited for it.

Someone's gotta get it!!!!!!

Like JohnF said last week, they took Tuck off last week for 5 minutes, NO ONE GOT IT. Alright you can't have 3 guys dive down on the ball, but you can't leave it to Tuck everytime either. Someone, ie Kane Johnson has got to bend over and get the thing yourself sometimes.

Johnson is still injured. He can't even bend down properly to pick up the ball. I'd cut him some slack on that angle.

He has been getting the cheap ones of late to an almost Bowden-esque level, but he does go in when fully fit.

Agree about the poor captaincy.

He should not have been playing in the centre and if he's there for the cheap ones Bowden should have been put in the centre or even on the wing or upforward.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 11:01:13 PM »

Fair enough but how many times did you see Morrison hit a pack?

I was watching him closely, the answer is: NONE!

Agreed, Morrsion did play a bit soft, HOWEVER there was never really a time when it costs us bad, as far as i could tell!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 11:14:38 PM »
these losses just mean Wallace will get a better idea of the task ahead of him. Like the new Telstra boss said recently "catch the vision or catch the bus" ... looks like the bus leaving from punt road at the end of the year will have quite afew passengers again. I actually think we will see how good Wallace is as a coach at the end of the season- and what will show that is...Does he have the balls to trade a big name ... i mean a really big name...maybe someone like Gaspar! Now I know you guys wont like that but he is in the last 3 years of his career probably...its our last chance to get something for him. Ofcourse Tivendale,Hall, Bowden, Chaffey, Krakouer are others that should be traded...poo it looks like we're gonna have to clean out another 10-12 again this season...Now whose hiring the bus?