Author Topic: Nathan Gordon [merged]  (Read 22503 times)

the claw

Re: Pick 50: Nathan Gordon
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2014, 12:01:04 AM »
Not sure claw watches SANFL. Gordon had more impressive games than Fuller.
disagree but hey we all have differing opinions. i know which one is a mile in front when it comes to basic skills.

the claw

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:52 AM »
still lol at the thread. there is no excuses on the planet that can excuse us  taking just one 18 yr old for the entire trade and nd period.   seems everyone wants to pretend this did not happen.

its a differing opinion to the defenders of all things richmond,  but with just picks 12 50 and 66,  at the very least one of of 50 or 66 should have been used on a kid logically pick 50 imo. if it was me id have used both 50 and 66 on kids and taken one of the mature blokes at pick 78. i can say this because im absolutely certain both  would have been available here.

im going to say it one more time as a player and a state league pick i have no problem with either gordon or or lloyd. im all for taking mature players to fill needs its where we take em and how we balance out our picks thats important.  i remain adamant though  both  gordon and lloyd would have been available later nd  or in the rookie draft,  and there was kids at 18 with plenty of potential still there at 18. 

i still believe our footy dept still regularly takes players way too early. we clearly had a lot of mature players in our sights but why at pick 50.  apparently every mature player we took was about to be snaffled up its hilarious, but what actually transpired suggests overwhelmingly otherwise.

apart from us only the wb and i say only the western bulldogs took a mature player with a live nd pick inside the top 50. they took a bloke who actually banged the door down whos skills set is something most of our players dream about. he warranted pick 42.  no other club apart from the rfc was interested in taking a mature player with a live pick  in the nd.

Taking the 18 yoa means in all likely hood Gordon would have Ben unavailable at our third pick.
it like talking with a child.  we took gordon with our third rnd pick there is little doubt he would have lasted until the  rookie draft.

the claw

« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:33 AM »
Not sure claw watches SANFL. Gordon had more impressive games than Fuller.

He's too busy watch oakliegh religiously

And yet was unaware of where aarnot played
oh dear its easy to see who the children are.  how long are you going to live of other peoples typos. you can do better than that i hope.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2014, 12:30:23 AM »
we took gordon with our third rnd pick there is little doubt he would have lasted until the  rookie draft.

We took the players where we did that WE wanted. Not who others wanted.
We're not privvy to who others have on their list. :P

Hartley especially has a track record most would envy. Earned credit.
Let's see how Nat G goes..

the claw

« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »
we took gordon with our third rnd pick there is little doubt he would have lasted until the  rookie draft.

We took the players where we did that WE wanted. Not who others wanted.
We're not privvy to who others have on their list. :P

Hartley especially has a track record most would envy. Earned credit.
Let's see how Nat G goes..
can you tell me who are the players hartley has taken for us that has others green with envy. lets not give him credit for gordon though, i reckon taz tiger will take issue with that.
are any of the players taken by hartley better than goddard and chapman both of whom cost nothing. are we allowed to include the many failed mature picks since blair has been there or are they fjs selections when they fail  lol.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2014, 01:04:18 AM »
are any of the players taken by hartley better than goddard and chapman both of whom cost nothing. are we allowed to include the many failed mature picks since blair has been there or are they fjs selections when they fail  lol.

Goddard cost 'nothing'. Sorry but I can't take you seriously with that comment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2014, 08:22:25 AM »
Cost something n terms of salary cap

Cost next to nothing in terms of draft picks/trading

gerkin greg

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 10:23:08 AM »
Why don't we just call him a stuffing spud and be done with it.  :shh

dwaino

« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »
Why don't we just call him a stuffing spud and be done with it.  :shh

May as well get in now before the rush  :shh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
If he keeps a Grigg or petard type out of the side he worth his weight in gold

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »

You can't just use the cost of those players in draft picks though Claw.  There is an impact in list management as well and in the case of these 2 guys they would be on fair coin, Goddard especially.  Maybe we didn't have the room in our cap over the period they were asking so we looked at different options.  To judge the decision fairly and correctly you at least need to be in possession of all the facts, not just apply the subset you know of.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
Why wouldn't we have room in our cap? We need Craig Cameron back to sort this mess out.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »

You can't just use the cost of those players in draft picks though Claw.  There is an impact in list management as well and in the case of these 2 guys they would be on fair coin, Goddard especially.  Maybe we didn't have the room in our cap over the period they were asking so we looked at different options.  To judge the decision fairly and correctly you at least need to be in possession of all the facts, not just apply the subset you know of.

Throw in the $$$ they would have wanted. Clubs must make a call on whether they are prepared to offer as much or more than the Bombers did or simply determine whether they are worth the coin they (the player) is after. It's not solely about cap room but also whether as a club you are prepared to outlay the coin. Perhaps in this case we simply dint' think the players were worth what the Bombers are reportedly paying them
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)