Author Topic: Anthony Miles [merged]  (Read 141399 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Anthony Miles [merged]
« Reply #1020 on: July 20, 2017, 12:45:38 AM »
Welcome back Milo. Yes we played Brisbane but with an error ridden game I thought his ball use and clean disposal was a major contributing factor for our midfield dominance
This is spot  on not only ball use but he got it at the coal face under pressure . Fmd Prestia game was no where near Miles game yet they talked the bloke up. tALK ABOUT BLINKERS.

Can just see Anthony running around in another teams jumper tearing it up and we are stuck with squib prestia being praised by the faithful for being such a good tagger LMFAO.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1021 on: July 20, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
I've bagged Prestia just as much as anyone over the last months, called for him to be dropped the last month and still remain very sceptical but he played easily his best game for the club and a good game in it's own right...any time you take out the opposition's best player and still get 19 touches and a goal going the other way, you've played a good game....you need to take your blinkers off for once...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #1022 on: July 20, 2017, 09:32:54 AM »
never
its all or nothing, black or white with no grey, with claw

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1023 on: July 20, 2017, 10:34:27 AM »
I've bagged Prestia just as much as anyone over the last months, called for him to be dropped the last month and still remain very sceptical but he played easily his best game for the club and a good game in it's own right...any time you take out the opposition's best player and still get 19 touches and a goal going the other way, you've played a good game....you need to take your blinkers off for once...
Na you need to stop talking up average games as something special. If thats his best game for the club so far, he has truly been horrid. Because there was nothing special about that game.I was stupid enough to watch that horrid poo twice.

Most of his disposals were  ineffective all 19 of them and it started with his first disposal a miss directed handball that put his team mate under pressure. Just 19 disposals for a mid 5 c/p's  3 tackles and a few clearances  yeah he was exceptional not.Its about the least you would expect from any mid.

It was just an average game nothing more and by the way every Brisbane mid struggled not just Zorko.So what do we have here now a 800k per yr  tagger lmfao.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1024 on: July 20, 2017, 12:48:10 PM »
Yes because I always talk up average games.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:08:43 AM by one-eyed »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fitness a focus for Miles (afl media)
« Reply #1025 on: January 28, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »
Fitness a focus for Miles

AFL media
28 January 2018

Anthony Miles is still on a modified program following post-season shoulder surgery.

The inside midfielder, who explored a trade at the end of 2017 to get more senior opportunities, is using the pre-season to improve his running game.

Miles played five senior matches for Richmond in 2017 and dominated for the Tigers at VFL level, taking out the Guinane Medal at season's end for the best and fairest player in Richmond's VFL side.

The 25-year-old required shoulder surgery at the end of last year and is edging closer to a return to full training.

“We’ve probably had a bit of a contested theme throughout pre-season and doing contested work,” Miles said.

“I’m still not in full contact after getting shoulder surgery at the end of the year.

“Not being able to be a part of contested drills has probably allowed me to work on my running more so than what I had been able to in the past.

“The fitness staff and the conditioning staff have been great in helping me to do that and even just a couple of odd extra conditioning sessions where we can fit them in.

"Enjoying whatever the year brings is probably my goal at the moment and continually just trying to get the best out of myself, wherever that be playing.

“As I said I’d love to be playing AFL footy, and I know the competition for spots if going to be tight, so (I'm) continually giving myself the best chance to be playing.”

Miles said the playing group had benefited from a six-day pre-season training camp on the Sunshine Coast.

The camp included two main training sessions, strength work, as well as team bonding activities.

“The beauty about this pre-season is that there hasn’t been a really different feel. If anything, I think we’ve probably gotten closer than last year, which is fantastic,” Miles said.

“I think that’s probably one of the main elements of camps like this - guys come out of their shell a bit more I think, you’re spending every minute of every day together.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-01-27/fitness-a-focus-for-miles
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-28/talls-recovery-may-lead-to-tigers-tinkering

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger clocks up the Miles in crucial year (afl site)
« Reply #1026 on: February 07, 2018, 07:17:23 PM »
Tiger clocks up the Miles in crucial year

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
Feb 7, 2018

A LEANER Anthony Miles has returned to full training after shoulder surgery at the end of last year and improved his running in what looms as a career-defining season.

Miles, 25, explored his trade options at the end of 2017 but ultimately signed a one-year deal to stay at Richmond.

He managed just five games for the season, with a further 14 coming in the VFL on his way to finishing fifth in the JJ Liston Trophy, the best and fairest award in that competition.

The former Greater Western Sydney onballer had come off consecutive top-six finishes in the Jack Dyer Medal but was unable to cement a spot in a midfield that would drive the club to the 2017 flag.

Assistant coach Andrew McQualter told richmondfc.com.au Miles was set to improve his outside game.

"He's just starting to get into his full training now. He had shoulder surgery at the end of last year so he was a little bit inhibited in what he was able to do, but one thing he has been able to do is lose a little bit of weight," McQualter said.

"He's running really well at the moment so he'll build up his contested stuff over the next month."

Miles is among 24 players training with the midfield group at Richmond.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-07/tiger-clocks-up-the-miles-in-crucial-year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1027 on: February 22, 2018, 10:06:30 PM »
Anthony Miles determined to win back senior spot at Richmond

Beau Greenway
Border Mail
22 Feb 2018

Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles was there to witness the club break through for its first premiership in 37 years, unfortunately, he doesn’t have a medal to show for it.

The Howlong and North Albury export managed five senior games in 2017, but spent the bulk of the season in the Tigers’ VFL side where he won the best and fairest.

Miles admits the challenge for him is to continue to work on his running this year.

“The game is constantly getting quicker and more demanding,” Miles said.

“Last year was a case of where I felt I was playing really good footy in the twos, but we didn't have any injuries and when you’re winning the team doesn’t change much.

“Hopefully I can get into the side early in the year, we can be winning and I can be part of that as well.”

Miles, 25, committed to a new one-year deal at Richmond during the off-season and admitted he always wanted to stay Tiger.

“Obviously I got to be there when we won the flag and it’s still a great place to be around,” he added.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/5244982/anthony-miles-determined-to-win-back-senior-spot-at-richmond/?src=rss

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1028 on: June 12, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
Anthony Miles (RIC)

Miles is far too good for the VFL, but has only managed one game this season because of Richmond’s depth through the middle. It took Dustin Martin needing a rest for him to even get a chance. Former Richmond coach Terry Wallace believes teams missed a chance to get him last year. It’s likely he’ll be more actively pursued this off-season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/12/top-10-players-who-should-move-clubs-for-more-opportunities-in-2019/

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1029 on: June 12, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »
Wouldn't have thought the offers will be flooding in after Friday nights effort. Lift please Snipper.