Author Topic: Your Dark Horse Player who You think Will Really Improve in 2014?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Your Dark Horse Player who You think Will Really Improve in 2014?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
#33, Kamdyn McIntosh, will come good next year.
Lots of people name their swords......

the claw

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Agree with you Ramps about Kamdyn McIntosh  :clapping

Spoke to him on Friday (terrific young bloke to talk to, ditto Caden Williams) said the shoulder was feeling great. He is in training with the main group, doing everything bar tackling drills. Will start on those after Xmas

I also reckon Matt Arnot could be considered abit of a dark horse too, we only saw a glimpse this year expect him to play a lot more senior footy in 2014. If our development is right he should be the one taking Newman's spot in the side IMHO

Kamdyn can create a great career for himself as a Wingman/outside type midfielder for us. I only rate him behind McBean at the moment from our youngsters. I rate Kamdyn higher than I do the McDonough and McDonough has already played. With Lennon, McBean and McIntosh we have some really good youngsters to look forward to seeing in 2014.
while i agree on mcintoshs ability to impact next yr i disagree whole heartedly about him playing on a wing.  this kid is the tall running defender who actually can defend well  with it who should be played across hb in front of both houli and newman. geez i hope we dont stuff another one up trying to turn him into something he isnt.

Rampstar

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 11:15:37 PM »
Agree with you Ramps about Kamdyn McIntosh  :clapping

Spoke to him on Friday (terrific young bloke to talk to, ditto Caden Williams) said the shoulder was feeling great. He is in training with the main group, doing everything bar tackling drills. Will start on those after Xmas

I also reckon Matt Arnot could be considered abit of a dark horse too, we only saw a glimpse this year expect him to play a lot more senior footy in 2014. If our development is right he should be the one taking Newman's spot in the side IMHO

Kamdyn can create a great career for himself as a Wingman/outside type midfielder for us. I only rate him behind McBean at the moment from our youngsters. I rate Kamdyn higher than I do the McDonough and McDonough has already played. With Lennon, McBean and McIntosh we have some really good youngsters to look forward to seeing in 2014.
while i agree on mcintoshs ability to impact next yr i disagree whole heartedly about him playing on a wing.  this kid is the tall running defender who actually can defend well  with it who should be played across hb in front of both houli and newman. geez i hope we dont stuff another one up trying to turn him into something he isnt.

Most of our players start somewhere in the backline Clawsy so I wouldnt worry. McIntosh has good athletic ability and thats why I said I thought he could play a running tall wingman type of role whether he does that or plays as the tall running defender to me doesnt matter. In the end we all think the kid can play and thats what matters.  ;D

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
McIntosh had all the hype and high expectations after we drafted him and we heard very little of McBean other than he was skinny. Hopefully after getting over his home sickness he can fulfill that expectation this year in the 2's.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
Darou for me , will say though that generally the track flyer in pre season ends up being the traditional fizzer, seem to recall pat contin tearing it up not so long ago,  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Gigantor

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
I think(fingers crossed) a fit and firing grimes will be an absolute Gun down back.might make the backline a weapon.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:02:32 PM by Gigantor »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2013, 03:57:37 PM »
Darou for me , will say though that generally the track flyer in pre season ends up being the traditional fizzer, seem to recall pat contin tearing it up not so long ago,  ::)

Brandon Ellis carried a big pre season into a good year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Thanks for catching that quote on record HRT, can't wait for it to fall false

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2013, 01:31:25 AM »
Everyone's sir name starting with 'mc' is in danger of having a very handy season

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2013, 07:42:27 AM »
Hampson

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
Thanks for catching that quote on record HRT, can't wait for it to fall false

Is there a hands rubbing together emoticon?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
It's getting increasingly difficult for our young players to push into the team particularly early in a season. Our mature aged recruits have the been chance. To get a game you will now need to we'll and truly prove yourself in our reserves team and then either hope for poor form or an injury from someone playing your role in the AFL team.

Despite what some would have you believe, there are not copious amounts of spots in the main side just waiting for draftees. There will be a spot off the half back eventually when Flossy pushes more into the midfield, another in the third tall spot which A. Edwards is current filled and another I can see in the defensive forward role if Kingy falls away. The third defensive tall position is being fought out by Grimes and Astbury atm.

With this in mind the greatest opportunities to step into the side sooner rather than later is McBean, Griffiths, Arnot, Lloyd, McIntosh and Lennon IMO (plus the other forward recruit-I've forgot his name :( ).