Author Topic: 2014 practice match - Richmond vs Essendon - Mar 7 @ Punt Road  (Read 15288 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2014 practice match - Richmond vs Essendon - Mar 7 @ Punt Road
« Reply #255 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »
Elton was one I was interested in, kicked a goal too.  I wanted to try and get hold of a rerun and see how he went, anyone have a good look at him?
I had the glasses on Elton.  He has physically developed heaps since he got to the club.  He is a very solid boy now!!
Thought he played well and competed well.  Kicked a goal from close in and kicked one out on the full from an acute angle.

I like him.  I like Griff too.  I have always felt we have entered games one or two bigger men too few.

These are the guys that will push us up to real flag threats when they are fully developed in 2 years.  We must hang on to them and continue to develop them.

I know claw will say they have done SFA until now and he is correct.  But only the elite few big men star from 19 or 20 years of age.  Most don't really get their act into gear till they are 23 to 25.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: March 10, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
I think there are very few players that we keep on our list over a number of years that don't improve significantly now. In the past players would stagnant and given go backwards once drafted, now we need to not just thank our recruiting department but also our development coaches too. Chocco in particular is a master at instilling confidence and tough love at the same time. If Griffiths steps up this year it won't be just because his shoulders have strengthened.

I was impressed by Elton too. Our 2nds team will be very interesting viewing this year  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #257 on: March 10, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
Thanks for the info, I am thinking the same, if we can get Griff and Elton into the mix playing good football things are gonna get real around here.
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #258 on: March 10, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
Elton was one I was interested in, kicked a goal too.  I wanted to try and get hold of a rerun and see how he went, anyone have a good look at him?
I had the glasses on Elton.  He has physically developed heaps since he got to the club.  He is a very solid boy now!!
Thought he played well and competed well.  Kicked a goal from close in and kicked one out on the full from an acute angle.

I like him.  I like Griff too.  I have always felt we have entered games one or two bigger men too few.

These are the guys that will push us up to real flag threats when they are fully developed in 2 years.  We must hang on to them and continue to develop them.

I know claw will say they have done SFA until now and he is correct.  But only the elite few big men star from 19 or 20 years of age.  Most don't really get their act into gear till they are 23 to 25.

Agree with all of that. Have been saying since last season, if we are to become genuine contenders we will need several of Griff, Elton, Astbury, batchelor, Arnott and Helbig to step up and become best 22 players over the next year or 2..  Claw in one post will talk about giving talls x amount of time and then in another post will go hammer and tongs at them claiming they are lucky to be on the list and only the rfc hangs on to duds for this long.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: March 10, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »
 :lol
you're just taking him out of context or too literal
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #260 on: March 10, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
 and here comes the cavalry to boot

;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #261 on: March 10, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »

Agree with all of that. Have been saying since last season, if we are to become genuine contenders we will need several of Griff, Elton, Astbury, batchelor, Arnott and Helbig to step up and become best 22 players over the next year or 2..  Claw in one post will talk about giving talls x amount of time and then in another post will go hammer and tongs at them claiming they are lucky to be on the list and only the rfc hangs on to duds for this long.

Bach helbig arnot could fail and we still looking sweet as apples ... given the current recruiting

tony_montana

« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »

Bach helbig arnot could fail and we still looking sweet as apples ... given the current recruiting