Author Topic: NAB Challenge 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne [merged]  (Read 13352 times)

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Challenge 1 - Richmond vs Melbourne [merged]
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
It is only pre season. Not fussed about the result. Chance to experiment is what the pre season is.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »
I Look forward to the next Melbourne vs Richmond game at PRO.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »
I'm just watching the replay for the first time and I have to say that the commentators have spent the whole game just talking about Melbourne and Paul Roos. No one seems to have picked up the sheer amount of new players we had in crucial roles/positions on the night and the amount of experienced players experimenting in new positions. Add the fact that we played with only three interchange while Melbourne used all 6 and you could mount a far argument that we need extremely well.

One thing that is very noticeable though is the change of Melbourne game plan/style.They have adopted the Hawks/our style of threading you way through zones. I think this will improve them greatly through the year but we'll match up well on them - probably better than we did even in 2013 - as a result of our familarity of the style (like we did against the Hawks). Their tougher, experienced midfield will also make them a more challenging team.

McBean needs more size but still has alot to look forward to. Griff showed plenty too. Miles showed enough to be a handy long term addition in the center winning the ball. Astbury was disappointing and so was Helbig. Why didn't they play Hampson up forward. Dusty looked a little a drift at times but I think this move may work long term.  :pray

Agree with most of this.

Melbourne tried hard. The game actually meant something to them. Commentators were clearly on-board trying to moost MFC membership numbers.

Helbig and Miles have some mongrel and a bit of skill. That's pretty much enough for me atm haha

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
Helbig won't get a game with hardwick bum chums

Grigg pettard houli Jackson etc

Its a shame, helbig has Chutzpah

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2014, 07:29:32 PM »
lol supporters whining about this half paced game. The only thing Roos will bring to them Demon players is how to play football on half a ground. Wait till the players realize they have to run the other half of the ground  ;D Roos dont have the stock to play like he did at Sydney, & Ross Lyon found out his stock at St-Kilda just was not good enough to play the game & flew the coupe. Hardwick's game plan will smash that type of football. Ease up on the trash talk lads  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
what concerned me most was that we was slow as treakle. we need to find some pace to put in the side.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2014, 09:49:08 PM »
what concerned me most was that we was slow as treakle. we need to find some pace to put in the side.
Exhibit A , Banfield :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

1980 I Was There

« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2014, 10:01:13 PM »
You will find the pace in Round one  :thumbsup

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »

Target Matty White for 2015. He's a free agent isn't he ? and while we're at it , let's get an indigenous small forward like every other team has. Melbourne plucked some indeigenous hyphenated dude from the draft and he killed it on Friday night.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
yeah when you have 40 picks inside the top 20 because you are an absolute ass of a club your chances of 'plucking one' are pretty good  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
what is higher than elite?

matt white, more possies and more goals than the 'elite' monfries on the weekend  ;D

FFS  ::)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2014, 01:48:39 PM »
yeah when you have 40 picks inside the top 20 because you are an absolute ass of a club your chances of 'plucking one' are pretty good  ;D
True , but they've managed to stuff it up in every previous draft. Guess they gotta get it right eventually ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
inb4 that kid turns into a Nahas level player.  :shh