Author Topic: Free Agency - Pass or Fail  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Free Agency - Pass or Fail
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »
Some people thought it was weird getting one kid in year new on the list

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 10:31:52 PM »
Where's the positivity?

I actually missed this. These threads are like the old days and I love it. And I don't even know why I love it. I guess I just like the negative drama queens more than the incredibly dumb "Richmond can do no wrong, let's smile and clap while we bend over" optimistic nut huggers.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
Ask this question 4 weeks ago and most people who have been thrilled about Chaplin. Had a great 2013.

Knights was also looking in very good touch until his freak knee injury.

Pity we missed out on the likes of Chapman and Pearce, but I think most of the other big names (IE Goddard, Betts, Thomas, Franklin & Dal Santo) are really quite expensive. Most of those blokes are looking at $600,000-1,100,000/year.

Sylvia has done SFA for Fremantle so far and it's yet to be seen if he will be a major contributor for them. Probably dodged a bullet there...

this is where your wrong.

take Goddard and chappy  as an example.

cost 800k and 350k per season

edwards. 250k
edwards (a) 200k
white 250k
newman 250k.
dea $200

bang theres your money for quality players and change for ND players.

we stuff around paying these spuds when we could land a gun like goddard and chappy by clearing these worthless spuds out

Dunno how you figure Dea is on $200k LOL did I miss an article that said we'd thrown that kind of money at the kid?

The reality is the list needs to be full and taking up a figure like $800,000 for one bloke makes it hard to have a full list without a raft of blokes getting the bare minimum $80k or whatever. Trust me I'd have happily taken Chapman for $350k, especially with hindsight. Ultimately I'm hoping one day the admin shafts a bunch of low-end players like the ones you've listed and grabs an expensive superstar - but not a mid like Goddard. I wish they'd offered a bloke like Cloke more money than he could refuse...