Author Topic: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild  (Read 32897 times)

Rampstar

Re: The Hardwick Rebuild Is Dead Long Live the Next Rebuild
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 10:27:15 PM »
Need at least 10 changes to the senior list at the end of the year and bring in as many quality kids as we can and try and pinch 1 or 2 from GWS and GCS if we can on the cheap. Thats what needs to happen.

the claw

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »
Disagree the 5% upgrades won't win u a premiership.

Grigg has not improved since coming to the club. If we drafted a kid who knows what he could have turned into. Sam Frost is a better footballer than Chaplin. Rookie player vs 400k dud.
Sam Lloyd been good.

Money ball is rubbish and the people need to take responsibility for doing the top up rubbish that ruined the club in the Frawley era.

Petterd
Chaplin
Edwards
Grigg
Hampson
Plus more

All average C graders. Best case scenario gets u a token finals appearance which is what we have achieved and thus have peaked.

Pathetic.
sorry pope but i disagree. i dont think any of those selections bar hampson are wrong or to put a better way  the wrong process.
i disagree with hampson only because of where we took him considering his history. every other player has cost virtually nothing bar the salary we pay em.

there is a place for taking mature recruits and in the main weather they have worked out or not we have taken most of our mature recruits in the right place.  that is as rookies, f/a and late nd picks, at the same time  taking kids in the nd with decent picks.. that is until this yr.
i keep on saying it, it is  all about the right balance and constantly sticking to and going thru the right processes.

in taking hampson we neglected to take a young ruckman as well.
in taking chaplin  we neglected to take a young potential 1v1 kpd.
we took grigg but where is the young quick highly skilled outside kid as well.  we havent taken any or maybe one when we need 2 or 3.
houli was an upgrade on blokes who couldnt hit the side of a barn. but we now revert back to taking poor kicks and playing far too many on game day.
petterd well hes one i dont understand. we didnt have many medium sized forwards but did we go after a quality junior fwd. we only had o hanlon at the time.

the  other main reason why we are in strife is the almost non existent number of real decent players who have come thru the nd after the first round.

to me we still need to fix our recruiting up weather that is sack jackson  or find him some real good help i dont care which  all i know is we have serious problems here still and its too important an area to not address.

on the rebuild. well common sense told us all it was never anywhere near complete .  it was obvious under hardwick we went from a rabble to a middling side. it was never going to take much to go wrong to miss the 8 or in our case drop back out of the 8.
making finals before the list was complete  or close to complete now really hurts because we clearly thought we were further advanced than what we were and recruited for exclusively now and forgot about the bigger picture .

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 12:30:35 AM »
Dea. Bachelor. Helbig. Elton. Arnot. And the 2012 draft have not really been given a shot at it ...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 12:36:06 AM »
Skata and malakies boys.
As Talking Heads sang in the 80's.
We're on a road to nowhere. :help

the claw

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 01:03:39 AM »
Dea. Bachelor. Helbig. Elton. Arnot. And the 2012 draft have not really been given a shot at it ...
dea batchelor and helbig are in their 4th and 5th yrs respectively. make no mistake they have to be in the gun. batchelor in particular has weaknesses that just smack ya in the facehe imo hasnt got the tools to play consistently well at afl level. dea and helbig despite everything have had heaps of time to at the very least establish that they belong and are yet to do so.

elton and arnot are babies  especially elton being a tall. the simple fact is there isnt one young  nd pick taken after the first rnd since 2005 to now that has become a good consistent player for us.
our inability to find just 4 or 5 players here is killing us and jackson should be made accountable for it.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »
They have not been played in their best spot for 6-8 weeks to see if they are any good

At least helbig and dea. Bachelor is the same draft as Conca hence should be given a chance.

Meanwhile Grigg and friends remain non droppable in the eyes of the selection panel

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »
Yay Ramps has got this thread back up and running again  :clapping

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »
 :help :scream
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »

After last night all aboard the Regurgitated Ramps Running Rebuild thread.
Absolutely.
That's all we need the nuff nuffs singing Danny Frawley's tiger army at 3/4 time in every match waiting for a silver lining to shine on their dull and inept lives.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »
It's the culture of mediocrity that has to be addressed first.
 You don't just give the place a new paint job.

The coach that succeeds to clean out the virus of mediocrity the club will have success.

Raise the standard. Demand success. Lift the bar. Don't accept losing or failure. Demand excellence.

I thought Hardwick was the fellow but I was wrong. He's a hard worker but too soft.

We need a new coach. Start again.

The culture is here to stay
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:54 AM »

The coach that succeeds to clean out the virus of mediocrity the club will have success.

Raise the standard. Demand success. Lift the bar. Don't accept losing or failure. Demand excellence.

I thought Hardwick was the fellow but I was wrong. He's a hard worker but too soft.

It's been here for 3 decades boys.
Like Nudge from Hey Dad, never will leave.

Rampstar

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »

I thought youd be pleased  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
Cant wait to hear during the week that we're gunna do this, and we're gunna do that.
I reckon this one will hurt and they'll be fired up a bit.  :lol :lol

Rampstar

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »

then we are finished as a football club

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2014, 11:06:09 AM »
dea batchelor and helbig are in their 4th and 5th yrs respectively. make no mistake they have to be in the gun. batchelor in particular has weaknesses that just smack ya in the facehe imo hasnt got the tools to play consistently well at afl level. dea and helbig despite everything have had heaps of time to at the very least establish that they belong and are yet to do so.

elton and arnot are babies  especially elton being a tall. the simple fact is there isnt one young  nd pick taken after the first rnd since 2005 to now that has become a good consistent player for us.
our inability to find just 4 or 5 players here is killing us and jackson should be made accountable for it.
Batchelor is one of many who just gets worse when he comes to the club. His best games were the first ones he played for the club.  :lol Lloyd should get out now because that's as good as it will get for him here.

Martin's best games were in his first 2 years. Funny if it wasn't true  :banghead