Author Topic: Is Cotch in trouble?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Is Cotch in trouble?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks Young went the bump and Cotch was just to much of a beast for the pansy?

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 03:45:37 PM »
 :clapping

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
Maxwell should get 6 weeks for being a %&^$* l hate the sniper

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
Seems Cotch was retaliating to a off-the-ball high cheap shot from that sniper Maxwell  ::)

that's 2 weeks, no free kick to cotch though #greatumpiring
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
Whilst I hope Maxwell goes I care more if Cotch is suspended.
I hope not.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:45 PM »
Whilst I hope Maxwell goes I care more if Cotch is suspended.
I hope not.

don't think the impact was great enough for a suspension, reprimand likely and points carried over
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 05:13:01 PM »
Seems Cotch was retaliating to a off-the-ball high cheap shot from that sniper Maxwell  ::)

that's 2 weeks, no free kick to cotch though #greatumpiring

Good to see all the rfc players flying the flag for cotch

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
Cotch has no case to answer  :thumbsup

Contact between Richmond’s Trent Cotchin and Collingwood’s Clinton Young from the fourth quarter of Friday’s game was assessed. Cotchin is running down the field and Young moves to block his path. Cotchin swings his arm and makes body contact with Young. After viewing all the available footage and receiving a medical report from the Collingwood Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by Cotchin was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

Maxwell got off as well  ::).

Contact between Collingwood’s Nick Maxwell and Richmond’s Trent Cotchin from the first quarter of Friday’s game was assessed. Collingwood’s Scott Pendlebury has possession of the ball, Cotchin is within five metres of the contest and Maxwell makes high contact with Cotchin while in the act of bumping. After viewing all the available footage and receiving a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by Maxwell was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-14/mrp-full-statement-round-four

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »
Glad they both got off.

Might harden the game up a bit.

More if it
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2014, 09:40:02 AM »
Glad they both got off.

Might harden the game up a bit.

More if it

:thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
A mate's deal between the clubs if I ever saw one.  Cotchin's was iffy but Maxwell's was a week or 2 guaranteed.  But "........ after receiving a medical report from xxxxxxx club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by xxxxxxxx was below that required ..........".  Got no problem with it because I reckon we have gone too soft on some of the physicality in the game but the standards of previous seasons were not applied in both these cases.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »
stuff Maxwell, useless, overrated, jackoff
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
A mate's deal between the clubs if I ever saw one.  Cotchin's was iffy but Maxwell's was a week or 2 guaranteed.  But "........ after receiving a medical report from xxxxxxx club, it was the view of the panel that the force used by xxxxxxxx was below that required ..........".  Got no problem with it because I reckon we have gone too soft on some of the physicality in the game but the standards of previous seasons were not applied in both these cases.

Probably promoted by the AFL so the Mcaffer tag thing could quite  down

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 09:19:49 PM »
The problem with the rules currently is they look too much at outcome rather than intent.
Poor Fyfe executed a perfect bump but because the head was accidentally hit he received two weeks.
Maxwell goes for the head and because he doesn't hit it "hard enough" doesn't get weeks.

Analogy.  Police see someone accidentally swing their arm back and collect a little old lady who they didn't realise was there and so arrest the person for an assault charge.
Police see gunman shoot at someone but miss him so they don't arrest him because they didn't manage to hit the target.

This is similar to what happens at the tribunal.  Fyfe never had the intent to injure the player - it was an accident, yet he got weeks.  Maxwell went for the head and because he just didn't land the blow hard enough got away with it.

RIDICULOUS!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:30 PM »
Yep, fully agree YABB.   :thumbsup