Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. - Round 6, 2014  (Read 11063 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the M.C.G. - Round 6, 2014
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 07:03:03 AM »
My mail is they're expecting 68-72 , weather permitting, not sure if you re aware, both clubs have 130,000 members between them and you don't well get 50k  :lol

Wow really?

Because between the Tigers and Magpies there are 140k + members and we only got 65k to that game so your theory... Oops I mean mail doesn't carry much weight  :whistle  ;D
Umm, the weather was foul all day if I recall, mcg car park was closed, I didn't go, and my mail was there were 10,000 others just like me,
 ::)

The weather was "foul" so you didn't go?  ::) ::) Poor excuse  ;D

For memory the weather for the game ended up OK (no rain), so that reasoning is just an excuse for the bigger issue the comp is facing at the moment. Your "mail" is an opinion

Facts are the 2 clubs combined have a massive membership base and they only got 65k, overall crowds are down despite the AFL's spin

Weather for this weekend is forecast to be good. Let's see what sort of crowd they get (reckon it will be around 60-63k) and then you can give us your mail (read excuses) as to why it was less than 70k
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 07:10:25 AM »
You should go to the game ,rain hail or shine
Players don't shirk the issue what ever the weather .neither should supporters

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »
Not suggesting we are any chance to beat this mob but what do we need to do if we are to?

Obvious key match ups..

Cotchin v Mitchell
Martin v Hodge
Riewoldt v Gibson

Where I see them getting hold of us is on the outside.
We will find it very hard to halt their precision running game. The speed and class of Suckling, Smith, Hill, Breust & Rioli are going to be very hard to stop.
To have any chance whatsoever we must dominate the ruck, win the contested footy, hit our tall targets i50 and take any opportunity we get in front of goals.
Everything will have to go right and the first 5 games have shown us that is very unlikely.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »
My mail is they're expecting 68-72 , weather permitting, not sure if you re aware, both clubs have 130,000 members between them and you don't well get 50k  :lol

Wow really?

Because between the Tigers and Magpies there are 140k + members and we only got 65k to that game so your theory... Oops I mean mail doesn't carry much weight  :whistle  ;D
Umm, the weather was foul all day if I recall, mcg car park was closed, I didn't go, and my mail was there were 10,000 others just like me,

For memory the weather for the game ended up OK (no rain), so that reasoning is just an excuse for the bigger issue the comp is facing at the moment. Your "mail" is an opinion

Facts are the 2 clubs combined have a massive membership base and they only got 65k, overall crowds are down despite the AFL's spin

Weather for this weekend is forecast to be good. Let's see what sort of crowd they get (reckon it will be around 60-63k) and then you can give us your mail (read excuses) as to why it was less than 70k

Bojangles is right WP. It definitely peed down all day the last time we played the Hawks. I was walking with a couple of mates down Bridge Road, (which resembled a river)after the game, we were soaked to the skin with three inches of water in our boots, but we didn't care because we were so high after the massive win. Can't see history repeating though :(
Another funny story on the day was that we were making our way towards the Spread Eagle, because my mate had (mis)heard on the radio pre-game that the pub was offering a free meal to Richmond members that day if the Tigers were to beat the Hawks. Turned out that in fact it was free beer (limit of one per customer I think), so we downed our pot and sloshed off home.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 08:29:40 AM »
My dream changes for this game.
In-Deledio, McDonough, Batchelor
Out-Petterd, Grigg, Thomas

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »
To be fair,  Bojangles writes a lot of his own mail, so it may not be unbiased.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 09:00:34 AM »

BJ - you must have a huge mail box at home!  The amount of mail you receive would help keep Australia Post in the black each year! :whistle

:lol

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
Reckon we will win
Haven't worked out how yet
Think Petterd will play forward next to Jack

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
Petterd is dangerous on the run outside 50. Set shots hie ever are very poor
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
Preview: Richmond v Hawthorn

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
April 22, 2014 9:28 PM

HAWTHORN’S undefeated start to the season came to an end on Easter Monday and Alastair Clarkson's men will be keen to regain their touch in round six. The Hawks weren't themselves against Geelong, making errors by foot and wasting scoring chances. The 2-3 Tigers were also below their best against the Brisbane Lions in round five, but they did enough to snare a much-needed win. It has been a disappointing start to the year for the Tigers and standing up against a quality opponent is exactly what is needed to revive their season.     

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Sunday April 27, 3.20pm 

PAST FIVE TIMES
R19, 2013, Richmond 16.11 (107) d Hawthorn 9.12 (66) at the MCG
R9, 2012, Richmond 21.11 (137) d Hawthorn 10.15 (75) at the MCG
R3, 2011, Hawthorn 17.13 (115) d Richmond 6.16 (52) at the MCG
R8, 2010, Hawthorn 13.11 (89) d Richmond 13.8 (86) at the MCG
R21, 2009, Hawthorn 20.15 (135) d Richmond 14.9 (93) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS

1. The Tigers and Hawks have clashed 151 times with Richmond holding the advantage 84-67. The Tigers and Geelong were the only teams to beat Hawthorn in 2013.   

2. Richmond clearly seem to be favourites with the umpires so far in 2014, receiving more free kicks than any other team (97). Hawthorn is equal 11th with 80.

3. No side has laid less tackles in 2014 than Hawthorn, averaging just 50 a game. Richmond is ranked No.5, averaging 71.6 a game.

4. Hawthorn is the No.1 scoring side in 2014, averaging 120 points a game, while Richmond is seventh with 89 a game. The Hawks' 87 points against Geelong in round five, however, was well below their season average.

5. The biggest bag of goals kicked in a contest between these sides is also the biggest haul in Hawthorn history and the second highest in VFL/AFL history – 17 by Jason Dunstall in round seven, 1992 at Waverley Park.

6. Richmond club champion Dan Jackson has climbed up the Official AFL Player Ratings since returning from a hamstring injury in round three. He started the season ranked No.100 overall but is now placed at No.84. He is ranked No.55 among midfielders.   

Prediction: Hawthorn by 29 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-22/preview-richmond-v-hawthorn

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 05:04:20 PM »

Wow really?

the weather for the Collingwood game was bloody dreadful all day which is when most punters would have determined whether they go or not, neither here or there that it was actually fine for the evening, nevermind car park was closed also. this will be a fair crowd just quietly :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
We never seem to draw more than 50-52k against Hawthorn.
Last year was the exception given our own field status.
I expect 50-52 rain hail or shine to keep in line with most other recent attendances between the clubs.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »
You should go to the game ,rain hail or shine
Players don't shirk the issue what ever the weather .neither should supporters

really? Grigg edwards combined havent turned up for 200 of their combined games.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 07:54:34 PM »
the way hawkins tore em apart if they dont bring in lake or a tall and change their defensive structure id be looking at 3 tall forwards surrounded by quick small/med fellas.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »

the weather for the Collingwood game was bloody dreadful all day which is when most punters would have determined whether they go or not, neither here or there that it was actually fine for the evening, nevermind car park was closed also. this will be a fair crowd just quietly :shh

Seriously a "fair crowd"  ::)

It was a very poor crowd and certainly down on what the club was expecting and most likely budgeted for

As for the weather, we play at the MCG most if it is under cover. It isn't like the old days where you had to stand out in the open in the mud at places like Victoria Park, Windy Hill & Moorabbin. Think the "punters" need to toughen up a bit  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)