Author Topic: Recruiting, Fitness and Coaching Changes Needed Now!  (Read 2282 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Recruiting, Fitness and Coaching Changes Needed Now!
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
Yeah real ordinary blokes cause we front up week after week and open our wallets year after year. Real ordinary

Facts are we are critical of the same old issues year after year, but unlike some I am yet to call for hardwick head. Think we are 12 months short of that.

I fear this is heading into a Spud type organisation and it's going to be hard to dig ourselves out of it

Few guns, few B graders. Rest D

We have royally screwed this lost up with monkey ball

Losing Maric and having to resort to Angus graham was the clubs fault, No one else's fault

Hearing his interview today suggested he was run into the ground

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2014, 08:18:25 PM »
Hopefully Francis Jacksons days are numbered..
Is he sick?

His only  illness is blindness having not found us any real talent from pick 20

He shouldn't been sacked with Wallett

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 08:19:48 PM »
Hopefully Francis Jacksons days are numbered..
Is he sick?

His only  illness is blindness having not found us any real talent from pick 20

He shouldn't been sacked with Wallett
I think his days are numbered.  Didn't we bring in that guy from Geelong that then left Carlton?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »
Get 'em back to the sand dunes!
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
First bloke I'd get rid of os Blair Hartley, he is ultimately responsible for list management

He is the one who recommends which type of player we should draft.

He is the one who recommends who we should target in Free agency

He is the one who ranks and rates those on our list and recommends who we should keep

As I said he'd be the first one I'd be showing the door
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »

Some of the supporters should go first.

:cheers
Apologist for mediocrity.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »
Football dept. needs a Geelong 2006-type review from top to bottom. Not surprised by the final margin today but what has been dished up this year is unacceptable and inexcusable from what is meant to be a professional football team. Add to that kicking 3 goals to half-time, 4 to 3/4 time and 7 all up will turn people, sponsors and tv execs off us in a hurry. We've regressed back to the worst days on-field over the past three decades.

Fitness staff are first off the rank for mine. We just don't look fit and look underdone despite claims by the the fitness coach last year that we were ramping up his program to 100% this preseason from 80% last preseason.  Add to that questions need to be asked of whoever makes medical/injury assessments. Ivan might have been partly to blame but even so leaving a known injury to the start of this season to be operated on is the height of stupidity. 

VFL coach, assistant and development coaches are next. New voices and new ideas are needed especially forward of centre. New coaches (I'm not talking about Dimma) who demand the players' respect and are listened to. The right strong culture of what is and isn't tolerated should exist across both VFL and AFL levels.

Recruiting philosophy regarding experienced rookies has clearly not worked. The Club can't complain about injuries when they recruited "ready-made" rookies for the case when injuries strike. I'm not talking about today against a top side but it didn't work against the Bulldogs either which are the games these experienced rookies were meant to cover for until we get a better players back. So as WP said that's the responsibility of Blair Hartley.

Finally, the playing list badly needs a fresh injection of new/young elite end talent starting with Lennon and, if we can somehow get him off the rookie list, Miles. At least one positive being near the bottom is an early first pick (unless we start winning meaningless games towards the end of the year again  ::) ). Hopefully we can find a quality free agent as well to bring into the team next year. I'd expect Newy, Kingy, Foley, Big O to retire. If Titch as a free agent wants to leave then let him and hopefully this time we'll get a compo pick unlike we did for Matty White  ::). The likes of Batch, Dea, Helbig, O'Hanlon, Az.Edwards traded/delisted along with rookies Darrou, Banfield, Williams. I can think of more but that's a start.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:22:11 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »
Good post mt, agree 100%

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
All the people who have been naming Darrou in their delistings can't possibly have watched him play for more than 5 minutes. 
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2014, 02:36:57 AM »
Football dept. needs a Geelong 2006-type review from top to bottom. Not surprised by the final margin today but what has been dished up this year is unacceptable and inexcusable from what is meant to be a professional football team. Add to that kicking 3 goals to half-time, 4 to 3/4 time and 7 all up will turn people, sponsors and tv execs off us in a hurry. We've regressed back to the worst days on-field over the past three decades.

Fitness staff are first off the rank for mine. We just don't look fit and look underdone despite claims by the the fitness coach last year that we were ramping up his program to 100% this preseason from 80% last preseason.  Add to that questions need to be asked of whoever makes medical/injury assessments. Ivan might have been partly to blame but even so leaving a known injury to the start of this season to be operated on is the height of stupidity. 

VFL coach, assistant and development coaches are next. New voices and new ideas are needed especially forward of centre. New coaches (I'm not talking about Dimma) who demand the players' respect and are listened to. The right strong culture of what is and isn't tolerated should exist across both VFL and AFL levels.

Recruiting philosophy regarding experienced rookies has clearly not worked. The Club can't complain about injuries when they recruited "ready-made" rookies for the case when injuries strike. I'm not talking about today against a top side but it didn't work against the Bulldogs either which are the games these experienced rookies were meant to cover for until we get a better players back. So as WP said that's the responsibility of Blair Hartley.

Finally, the playing list badly needs a fresh injection of new/young elite end talent starting with Lennon and, if we can somehow get him off the rookie list, Miles. At least one positive being near the bottom is an early first pick (unless we starting winning meaningless games towards the end of the year again  ::) ). Hopefully we can find a quality free agent as well to bring into the team next year. I'd expect Newy, Kingy, Foley, Big O to retire. If Titch as a free agent wants to leave then let him and hopefully this time we'll get a compo pick unlike we did for Matty White  ::). The likes of Batch, Dea, Helbig, O'Hanlon, Az.Edwards traded/delisted along with rookies Darrou, Banfield, Williams. I can think of more but that's a start.
Great post M. T.

But don't you seriously think there is a culture issue.
We've all seen this cycle before, how can culture not be an issue at Richmond.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 02:43:18 AM »
First bloke I'd get rid of os Blair Hartley, he is ultimately responsible for list management

He is the one who recommends which type of player we should draft.

He is the one who recommends who we should target in Free agency

He is the one who ranks and rates those on our list and recommends who we should keep

As I said he'd be the first one I'd be showing the door
He's the one who was laughing at Hawthorn when he sold them a "washed up" Burgoyne.  :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2014, 02:44:03 AM »
All the people who have been naming Darrou in their delistings can't possibly have watched him play for more than 5 minutes.
Neither has Dimma probably, hence he'll be delisted without a game.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2014, 03:31:54 AM »
Neither has Dimma probably, hence he'll be delisted without a game.

Sad but probably true. No doubt we'll rookie another reject from a bottom 4 club in his place for "experienced depth in an important area" but who'll be immediately upgraded and become a first team regular after an "impressive" performance in the hit and giggle pre-season. Because an "experienced" player who played 20-odd games for Melbourne or Brisbane over 4 years is a much safer bet than some kid who gets named in the bests nearly every week in the VFL despite playing in a backline that sees the ball coming in every 90 seconds and is regularly on a hiding to nothing.

- Thomas Sowell