Author Topic: To Rfc official  (Read 27287 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: To Rfc official
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2014, 08:53:14 PM »
what l want to know RFCO is how does a spud like Shane Edwards gets a game every week when he is a spud. he has never played more than 2 good games in what 8 years but we let a player like Matty White go to another club after finishing in our top awards. Explain to me how a player who wanted more years than the club wanted to give him who is playing a good brand of footy is let go when Edwards is a rag doll turnover squib  :banghead

tony_montana

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »
That's the thing - we're sick of spin, enough is enough. For example - Its already been touched on by a few supporters.

Lid's Achilles, now that was never going to be a week or 2, we all know that, it was always going to be at least a month, same with the Rance injury, 2 weeks for a fracture? comeon.. but the way we see it(perhaps cynically), is the club wont admit that so that it doesn't have an affect on membership,  Is that correct?   If so you blokes are taking the pee out of your supporters. If not, then why the need for the smoke and mirrors? Surely its not to hide it from opposition sides? They all have regular spies watching everyone, they'll know quickly enough when the said players will be due back by watching their rehab and then again when they join in full scale training again.

I wont go on about the players that seem to have more than 9 lives and are continually the first picked on the teamsheet when most of us clearly see they consistently let themselves and the team down in big moment games over and over again. That's Dimmas call and his career will live or die by his own sword. Theres a lot of disenchantment bc we're just sick of the spin. You don't need to sell it, we're already here and have been, through thick and thin, show us a bit more respect - sometimes less said is better instead of saying what you guys think we want to hear. This week I don't want to hear we're going to do this and we're going to do that, just play a straight bat and SHOW US what you've done instead of telling what you will do yet never do...

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
 :clapping

Enough is enough. I'm worried the club just write is off as a bad day and "bin it"

Maybe it's not spin? Maybe they genuinely believe they are good?

tony_montana

« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »
That's a scary thought...

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
what l want to know RFCO is how does a spud like Shane Edwards gets a game every week when he is a spud. he has never played more than 2 good games in what 8 years but we let a player like Matty White go to another club after finishing in our top awards. Explain to me how a player who wanted more years than the club wanted to give him who is playing a good brand of footy is let go when Edwards is a rag doll turnover squib  :banghead

Worst player I've seen player 100 games for the RFC and I really mean that
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2014, 10:12:32 PM »
I can tell you they are checking all the RFC Supporters sites down at the club today. They know they are in trouble.  They will probably make some sort of apology to the supporters to try and limit the damage but deep down they know they have stuffed up. The recruiting philosophy has been a disaster, the fitness isnt good enough and Hardwick seems to have lost his mojo.

The rebuild has failed. Moneyball recruiting has failed. We have stacked the list with other clubs rejects and made them senior 22 players. Its the same problem, the same rubbish we have had for 34 years. The club has failed us again and they are looking down the barrel of losing 10,000-20,000 members next year. They are in crisis down their and they are doing their best to hide their failures.

It's actually business as usual, another game to prepare for, a new community partnerships to announce as we have earlier this morning. It was a bad loss yesterday obviously, and the coach has acknowledged that, but like any other business we move on to the next thing.

Of couurse it is look for new members whilst burning 63K of members year in year out. I read this at work and was suitably disgusted.
Whilst looking at different forms of revenue is good we are the RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB and we attempt tp play football you all at the RFC live and die by the job the club does on field. Ultimately. I could not give a rats fat clacker about charity this and charity that and what have you timed perfectly as a goofd time story after a 66 point loss to the reigning premier with an upcoming game against a side we have not been on the same planet with for 8 seasons.

Furthermore the club in 2010 released its manifesto of 3-0-75 which we have shockingly fallen short of bc last yr as far as I am concerned was a finals failure given we lost to a team that didn't qualify on merit the debt well Dimma's asking me if he's giving 100% and we are only at 63 K members and come to a halt due to thie apparent malaise the club invariably goes through.

What is good business practice is keep the money you have the members and grow from there not serve up this slop and slurry that is coming out of the club because after all we are the lifeblood of this footy club and have come to the aid of it both in 1990 and wit the FTF. We are the lifeblood and we deserve better than this. But hey its the RFC of course we'll sugar coat everything until it is time to rattle the cans and call the members for contributions and donations by phone, email and every other means possible all for a tokenistic finals app once decade since the 1980's.

Hey the 6 yr old kid in Pakenham wants to wear the jumper so we offer him one or we cajole his mate to wear one and we'll plant a tree at his school and get some player(s to come out and tell him how to be a seagull or whatever but hey that's ok because the bloke growing up in Prhran, South Yarra, Richmond, Oakleigh, Clifton Hill who has gone for years and years and all the contributions he/she makes is seen with a lack of emotion.

32 years is enough. it was 22 after Spud, 27 after Frawley and the way ings are going will be 33 under Wallace yes RFC official that's the attitude we succeed together but when we fail I'm not in at area I'm not responsible yet just over the road Hawthorn from the bootstudder to the jock strap cleaner to the CEO everyone is just as important and hence in the time of our malaise they have overtaken us in flags and continue to reinvent themselves as a progressive, modern, relevant, up to date sporting club with success and wealth.

Yes we are  all innocent at RFC it wasn't i an Wilson or Graeme Richmond it was someone else and the chain gets bigger and bigger and the responsibility of helping the club falls on to the member time and time again. If the government fails we vote another one in, if staples are high we complain, if petrol and taxes are high we are entitled to complain yet when a club has failed for 32 years and the slurry that comes from the coaches and Dan's mouth is what the club thinks given these men are the face of the club then as members and supporters and hopefull people wishing to see a flag in their lifetime to go with the faded memories of 1980 when I was a young 5 year old then you are bloody right I have a right to object to this bs.

When these older fans who saw the success from 67-80 start passing bc of their age has the club implemented a plan to ensure family members continue the loyal support or is our membership base going to decline further as it did in 2007-08 and 2010 most recently when the fans had had enough and were emotionless towards a club who had offered them noting but the odd player who we labelled a superstar well Richo was a gun.

I can remember times in the late 80's and early 90's playing in front of 10000 crowds and occasionally less something Melbourne has played in front of in recent years but hey I guess we'll come up in marketing with another gimmick that will take four to five years to come to fruition but by then hey we'll remain fiscal for a few years after that before the nut bags start dropping manure or spitting at coaches  but hey we are the RFC.

One official says its not my fault the bloke who heads that dept has a PHD in gonad scratching and I have a PHD in bum scratching and I aint going to tell anyone how to scratch. To all te apologists if your happy with what is being served up and feel you don't need to do anything because its all fine then that is great but many of us want to see success at the club.

If Benny is being interviewed by the AFL for the CEO job then say it. He's entitled to it but we are also entitled to know. Honesty and transparency is the lifeblood of good relations between the club and fans. If Lids has an achilles problem that is long term put him on the LTIL and promote Miles no point breaking him for the sake of the 20 members tat might sign on between now and the 30th June. Same with Maric and other injured players.

This club treats us all with disdain and disrespect and then we get to matchday where we get slaughtered by a better side a side that according to the 3-0-75 manifesto we should be beating same with the Cats this week but hey offer a fan who wants a reserved seat membership upgrade a discounted rate because the skata has hit the fan whilst i pay full price because the club is full of snake oil in November and December.

Enough is enough this club owes its members and coteries better and if what I am saying hurts you as an employee then good and if this will be read or passed on to anyone else in the RFC whether off or on field staff even better I think I lay in the majority of disgruntled fans and rather than PM you to your inbox where the conversation would remain discreet and quiet I felt it was important to voice my concerns and those that have been echoed by others who seem to get stonewalled continually by the RFC and are being left disgruntled, emotionless and extremely unhappy with the results so far.

Regards
Richmond Member and Coterie Member member for over 15 years and born in an RFC Premiership Year when we were the best footy side in the land.

When we were kids Don our club was a working class club with working class traditions and philosophies, It was a club where hard work and commitment and loyalty were important. With real Richmond when people like the late Ray Dunne was the President and later Hafey was Coach, Wilson and Richmond as administrators made mistakes, but they also delivered the ultimate glory. They were Richmond. They were working class Yellow & Black. Where the players were hard working people who worked other jobs to make a living but they loved footy and they wanted to be successful as footballers playing for Richmond. Now 90% of our playing list dont give a stuff. Its just a job for them thats all.

From what I understand, Administration wise our today club is full of middle class yuppies who have no understanding of what it means to be Richmond. Working at Richmond FC is just a job for them. In the main they have no emotional attachment to Richmond. For them Richmond is just a place where they work, and get paid handsomely to do so.

What it boils down to is basically they dont give a stuff. The culture and philosophies of the joint are completely up the creek.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »
Isn't rfc offal just a media dude lol at 2 rfc offal

Rampstar

« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »
Isn't rfc offal just a media dude lol at 2 rfc offal

Yep  ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:41 PM »
Poor guy has to put up with our poo. Ultimately the players are letting him down because he has to read our venting.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2014, 10:35:10 PM »
I heard they draw straws in the office when it's time for someone to log into OER. The loser generally gets a pro zac prescription and a long weekend.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
 :lol

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2014, 11:22:09 PM »
I can tell you they are checking all the RFC Supporters sites down at the club today. They know they are in trouble.  They will probably make some sort of apology to the supporters to try and limit the damage but deep down they know they have stuffed up. The recruiting philosophy has been a disaster, the fitness isnt good enough and Hardwick seems to have lost his mojo.

The rebuild has failed. Moneyball recruiting has failed. We have stacked the list with other clubs rejects and made them senior 22 players. Its the same problem, the same rubbish we have had for 34 years. The club has failed us again and they are looking down the barrel of losing 10,000-20,000 members next year. They are in crisis down their and they are doing their best to hide their failures.

It's actually business as usual, another game to prepare for, a new community partnerships to announce as we have earlier this morning. It was a bad loss yesterday obviously, and the coach has acknowledged that, but like any other business we move on to the next thing.

This club treats us all with disdain and disrespect and then we get to matchday where we get slaughtered by a better side a side that according to the 3-0-75 manifesto we should be beating same with the Cats this week but hey offer a fan who wants a reserved seat membership upgrade a discounted rate because the skata has hit the fan whilst i pay full price because the club is full of snake oil in November and December.

Enough is enough this club owes its members and coteries better and if what I am saying hurts you as an employee then good and if this will be read or passed on to anyone else in the RFC whether off or on field staff even better I think I lay in the majority of disgruntled fans and rather than PM you to your inbox where the conversation would remain discreet and quiet I felt it was important to voice my concerns and those that have been echoed by others who seem to get stonewalled continually by the RFC and are being left disgruntled, emotionless and extremely unhappy with the results so far.

Regards
Richmond Member and Coterie Member member for over 15 years and born in an RFC Premiership Year when we were the best footy side in the land.

Your right mate. This club don't give a poo about us.

They continually make the same mistakes and the cycle starts all over again. 

The coach comes in with high expectations and very high standards of achievement but even a successful bloke like Dimma is not immune to the disease ingrained in the walls & fibers of the club.
He was an uncompromising tough player and from everything he promised when he arrived we all thought he might be the one.
But the poor bastard has the bug. He can't see the gross inadequacies at the club. He talked big talk early but offers excuses when they can't perform.
"If you can't win your own ball you won't be wearing the Richmond jumper".

B. U. L. L. S. H. I. T.

Richmond don't demand success and the standards of achievement are miles behind the successful clubs. They rate themselves too high. Do backflips at one finals appearance.
The heads swell too large, the egos are too big. Its a prima donnas paradise.
They don't even know how to stick up for one another, something Dimma I'm sure prided himself on when he played. They are stagnant, scared and boring.
Every club knows them as the egg club because they have thin shells and are SOFT!
Dimma has become as deluded as the rest of them. He'll be another former Richmond coaching failure.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2014, 11:29:03 PM »

Worst player I've seen player 100 games for the RFC and I really mean that

I agree - and that includes Tambling, in fact even if Hyde had managed 7 more games Edwards would still be the worst ....hell the bloke even makes me remember Pettifer more fondly than I should.

But then we are the club that gave Tivendale 180 games and consider Joel Bowden and Wayne Campbell "legends"....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:52 PM »
I remember watching the pre season games thinking we were on track for another successful year.. Are rance and Deledio really that important, Maric didn't even play all pre season. I think the opening loss to Gold Coast really f'ed us up for the rest of the year.. Confidence started to slip.. Doubt crept in ... Look at us now.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2014, 11:34:01 PM »
I heard they draw straws in the office when it's time for someone to log into OER. The loser generally gets a pro zac prescription and a long weekend.
:lol :lol