Author Topic: New coach poll  (Read 1394 times)

Rampstar

Re: New coach poll
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 11:14:46 PM »
I tell ya Benny Gale gets off lightly for the 3-0-75 IMHO. Failed miserably on 2 of the 3 criteria and the one they made was on the back of supporter contributions ... dear oh dear.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 11:53:10 PM »
I tell ya Benny Gale gets off lightly for the 3-0-75 IMHO. Failed miserably on 2 of the 3 criteria and the one they made was on the back of supporter contributions ... dear oh dear.

While 64K members is a fail, its a pretty damn good fail starting at 35K.
So they got 1 0 64 at least they had a plan.  In the long run 0 and 64K will lead to more finals.

Rampstar

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »

So they got 1 0 64 at least they had a plan.  In the long run 0 and 64K will lead to more finals.

Anyone who set goals like that and only achieved that level of success would be in serious trouble in most corporate jobs. Imagine being the boss of big company going up to your board of directors and saying ... sorry folks didnt succeed ..but poo I had a good plan  :lol

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 12:00:25 AM »
I want the Bananas in Pajamas, at least their game plan will be simple enough for footballers to understand and they can't do much worse.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:23 AM »

In 1970 North was the only League club without a flag. Allen Aylett was pres and had a 5 yr plan to win a flag. By 1974 they made a GF and lost to us and one year later they realised their dream. According to Barassi a few of the board members put their houses on the line to get the best players Australia wide and those brought by the 10 year rule to induce them with cash.

Whilst this aint the 70's our plans turn to failure because

1. We have no one with clear direction.
2. We have no superstar coach.
3. We have no superstar players just blokes who can be superstars but will retire as very good players at best, memo Knighter, Campbell, Richo etc cult figures in recent years.

The Skata Cycle. 32 Years and still counting. Plop Plop Plop

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »

Anyone who set goals like that and only achieved that level of success would be in serious trouble in most corporate jobs. Imagine being the boss of big company going up to your board of directors and saying ... sorry folks didnt succeed ..but poo I had a good plan  :lol

Better than Wallet, he didn't even have a plan.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 12:02:35 AM »
I want the Bananas in Pajamas, at least their game plan will be simple enough for footballers to understand and they can't do much worse.

As long as they're running down the stairs and fixtures are on Tuesdays we will catch all the teddy bears unawares. :lol :rollin :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 12:05:48 AM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YESVmaDAB08

This bloke can coach better than this hack

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 12:17:19 AM »
Next year we will have 50k members if that, they've tried to screw us and now they'll be begging again! Bet there was close to no one in Mrc tonight.
Coach? Well I just don't get how we can be so stuffed something wrong here, I have no answer reckon I could do better than most of these new age tactical prix keep it simple and earn respect then fine tune, you can't fine tune poo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 01:20:47 AM by one-eyed »