Author Topic: VFL: Richmond vs Geelong --- Sunday curtainraiser @ Punt Rd  (Read 5321 times)

tony_montana

Re: VFL: Richmond vs Geelong --- Sunday curtainraiser @ Punt Rd
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
Thanks again for the report G.

Surely now they will promote Miles and bring him in? surely!

Gigantor

« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:22 PM »
Cheers Tony..Can I encourage those who can to get along and watch the ressies.For example the early game today gave a great insight into the main game ,for on reflection there was a seismic shift in the clubs approach to playing and this was first reflected in the early game.
Watching football at Punt road made the hairs on my neck stand to attention

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2014, 09:25:41 PM »
Good stuff
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »
The big question is - where was Thomas?

If Thomas is injured then Miles elevation should be an almost fore-gone conclusion (if it wasn't already!) I was always surprized that they choose Thomas over Miles at the beginning of the year after their preseason form. Imo Miles showed as much inside as Thomas but had better run and disposal. He also has great goal sense and the most important thing of all - determination.

I don't believe that Griff will be played alone side Vickery and Jack. It makes our forward line too tall and reduces our forward pressure by too much. With Vickery playing a much improved game it may have saved his skin. I actually think Griffiths offers us more than Vickery even if they are both playing at their best.

Newman's injury is interesting. What is his actual role? Is it half forward? I would place S.Edwards in this role, move Conca to the wing and then put Miles in the center.

Either way we have two weeks to wait to find out. :thumbsup By the way - great write up Gigantor

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »
The big question is - where was Thomas?

Big question  :nope

Thomas was held out as an emergency for the AFL game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2014, 09:51:37 PM »
Cheers Tony..Can I encourage those who can to get along and watch the ressies.For example the early game today gave a great insight into the main game ,for on reflection there was a seismic shift in the clubs approach to playing and this was first reflected in the early game.
Watching football at Punt road made the hairs on my neck stand to attention

12 goals in the third quarter Giggsy. Unheard of. Pity I missed it.
Thanks for the informative write up.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 03:11:44 AM »
Laughing at all the angst in this thread about the 2,500 capacity....where was everyone?

Highlight of the day for me . Hope for the future - until we stuff these kids up too. Griffiths and Arnot big FU's to the match comittee. McBean would be an almost guaranteed future star at any other club. Lennon has to be close. Darrou is a gun as far as I'm concerned. Miles surely must be upgraded - though I wouldn't object to either Darrou or Banfumbles taking his place. As rotten as the last few years have been for the latter, he IMO is no worse than everyone's latest "lost champion" White was at the same age, has shown more at least early on in his career and probably has a few more attributes and a higher ceiling. (Not that I'd lose any sleep if we delisted him either - Darrou on the other hand....)

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 03:20:05 AM »
Banfield is a poo truck. So was White at the same age. Now there is a fairly large gap. We still needed to upgrade on White anyway. Our problem is at this point White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Banfield.

Amazing how much better our youth looks when their were some more senior blokes helping them out and the VFL guys played decent too. Was getting worried the VFL side was going to be the same black hole for talent that Coburg was.

Would it be fair to say Darrou is currently our 3rd best tall defender behind Rance/Astbury?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2014, 03:39:22 AM »
Without seeing him at AFL level - Darrou is definitely our 3rd best tall defender IMO.

Banfumbles' line-breaking pace is sorely needed - if nothing else. People forget White was a poo truck right up until before last year and Banfumbles does far more one percent stuff than White ever did at Richmond.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
Really enjoyed it, as cold as it was! Griff has to be straight back in so much better than vickery

Rampstar

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Without seeing him at AFL level - Darrou is definitely our 3rd best tall defender IMO.

Banfumbles' line-breaking pace is sorely needed - if nothing else. People forget White was a poo truck right up until before last year and Banfumbles does far more one percent stuff than White ever did at Richmond.

Unless he finds a few yards in pace Darrou will get cleaned out by quicker opponents at AFL level. Pace is a major worry with Darrou IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2014, 09:38:37 AM »
VFL wrap Round 5 with coach Tim Clarke ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-05-06/vfl-wrap-up-round-5

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2014, 09:48:06 AM »
VFL Round 5 Highlights ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-05-05/vfl-round-5-highlights
is he slower than we thought Asbury was, he seems much quicker now, I think some players move as fast as they feel they have to. Once the season is confirmed done and dusted its players like this who should be replacing duds like Chaplin so we can see whether they  can cut it or not. Can't see the point of having a player continually in the VFL and not being given at least a couple of games, some tough player management decisions to be made end of year Darrou being one of these.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »