Author Topic: Terrorist attack on London  (Read 3743 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Terrorist attack on London
« on: July 08, 2005, 01:26:44 AM »
What can you say! An absolute tradegy  :'(.

4 explosions on the underground trains and a double decker bus (top deck completely blown off) in central London from bombs left in carriages by terrorists. Bloody cowards every single one of them >:(.

33 dead on the trains alone already. The news showed some poor guy limp on a ambulance trolley wheeled into hospital while receiving CPR  :'(.

Thoughts go out to all Londoners including Londontiger  :(.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:53:29 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Terrorist attack on London
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 03:25:11 AM »
Do these people actually believe they are going to achieve anything by these actions. It is very sad that Human biengs can be like this towards each other. I have no sympathy for any religious fanatic that kills or harms innocent people and death is to good for the one's that are caught make them suffer and make a display of them.

Fancy people getting all up in arms about Sadaam in his jocks - These people have used up their rights and have none left as far as I am concerned.

I'd put em in a tiny cell and eat bacon for breakfast everyday in front of them and then flick the fat at them. I could call them dogs but animals do not even deserve to be compared to these things.

Just a reminder that we need to keep our eye's open these days - cause these cowards go for the soft targets. >:(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »
I was going to say it is unbelievable but the sad thing is in this day and age it isn't unbelievable anymore. But it is an absolute tradedy. London is one of my favourite cities - love the place

It is cowardly and gutless but what more can you expect from those that target the innocent or as CUB said the soft targets. Quite frankly death is too good for these bastards IMV - a life sentence of long suffering pain and humilation is what they deserve - nothing less

PS:

Sorry guys I am bit fired up over this ..............

I have a friend (from the footy no less) that's working in London at the moment - have tried contacting them by email but as yet no reply - can still not get through on the mobile. At the footy tomorrow if their family is their I'll know everythngs OK
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 01:16:36 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 04:02:03 PM »
Will this happen in Melbourne or Sydney? Why did England even invade Iraq? Why did Australia?? To get in on the oil????

Australia should pull out of Iraq immediately, I object to being a target of these kind of despicable actions because of it. We had no valid reason to invade the country.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 09:28:27 PM »
Will this happen in Melbourne or Sydney? Why did England even invade Iraq? Why did Australia?? To get in on the oil????

Australia should pull out of Iraq immediately, I object to being a target of these kind of despicable actions because of it. We had no valid reason to invade the country.

It can happen anywhere and if we're honest there's nothing to stop some nutter calmly walking into the middle of Bourke St or George St when it's packed with shoppers and blowing him/herself up  :(. It's frightening but if we live in fear and change how we live because of them then we're letting those bastards win. Easy for me to say that I know not having been through such horror.

I never agreed with us going into Iraq unilaterally as it didn't make sense to me if we are meant to be chasing after Bin Laden whereas Afghanistan did with its Al Qaeda terrorist training camps protected by the taliban. Saddam was a murderous brutal dictator so kurds and shi'ites are glad he's gone (as anyone would be) but he was no longer a major threat to us as not finding any WMDs showed. It seemed to me to be an unnecessary action that wasted resources and lives that could have been used on hunting down Bin Laden. Plus we're stuck there now though :help now that the evil thugs have converged on Iraq after Saddam's demise to create havoc and destruction. Sheesh far more troops have been killed after Saddam was toppled than during the invasion to remove him :help. We can't pull out as these psychos will still try overthrow the new government that they consider a Western puppet. If they succeed it'll only encourage them with all that "we've defeated the crusaders" crap. The crusades were 700-900 years ago for crying out loud. Get over it! ::)

What also ticks me off in all of this is we the West play diplomatic games with foreign policy in 3rd world countries turning a blind eye to human-rights abuses of governments as long as they protect "our" interests without us thinking of the long-term consequences. I'm not saying these evil cowards need an excuse to do these hideous acts because they don't. They hate us and the fact they have no power to impose their brainwashed twisted beliefs on us or anyone that don't share their extremist views. Whatever we do it'll be twisted as an excuse and justification to blow up innocent people. But hey we are hypocrites sometimes. We didn't care about Saddam's murderous ways  in the 80's when Iraq was needed as a buffer state between Israel and Iran after Khomeni (sp?) took control over Iran nor Bin Laden who was a pseudo-ally in Afghanistan because he resisted the Soviet Union occupation even though deep down as a Saudi Arabian his sick mind hated the US/Western influcence and the Saudi government's cordial relationship with the "infedel" Americans. Even now we support countries like Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan whose government's wouldn't know the meaning of democracy and freedom only because the alternative of a fundamentalist state would be worse in terms of our interests. And if we went into Iraq to topple an evil regime then why aren't we liberating other peoples of the world in the same boat like in Sudan where mass murder and slavery are common place and there's tens if not hundreds of thousands of refugees.  It's sickening >:(  :'(.   
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 09:34:02 PM by mightytiges »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 07:21:53 AM »
Solution:

Step 1:

If Iraqis can vote for a president, then they can hold a referendum. Ask them if they want US+allied occupation ended now. Hope that Britain has enough balls to keep Bush honest (optimistic).

Step 2:

Farck Israel.

PS. As far as soft targets go, then yes these commuters were, but what about the so-called collateral damage in Afghanistan and Iraq - innocent people who get blown to schizen because of cowardly military strategies such as carpet bombing. I can well understand frustrations in the Arab world, and while two wrongs don't make a right, but an eye for an eye is a notion that resides in a primitive part of the human brain.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 11:41:39 AM »
I really dont give a phukk and aLL OF U THAT DO HAVE BEEN SUCKED INTO THE CORPORATE WAY OF THINKING.

You sticj your nose in others bizness for no other reason than money then u get your head blown off.

Must say the poms made the Americans look like the sooki la las they are.

We're next so get ready

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 07:16:13 PM »
G'day all.

Absolutely shocking events here Thursday.  I am lucky enough not to have to work in the city and travel by public transport. 

Sick individuals are responsible - and an attack on one of the most multicultural cities in the world show that no western cities are immune.

Every day since Sept 11, londoners have been gearing themselves up for an attack. 

What really upsets me, that the authorities couldn't prevent these actions.

3 million people a day travel by the tube net work. On this scale I guess overall it could have been much, much worse.  The number of casualties could have been many, many more.

But londoners are defiant.  Most were back travelling on tubes and buses the very next morning. 

That is why the terrorists will not win. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 04:09:27 AM »
Good to hear you're ok LT.

What really upsets me, that the authorities couldn't prevent these actions.

That's sadly true for all of us. Like many people I catch the train here in Melbourne every weekday to work and to add to that my Dad is a train driver. It's not plausible to place scanners on every gate like at airports so what can you do!  :-\

The preventive security is a bit of a farce anyway. I know when I enter the members entrance next to gate 6 at the 'G, if there's a fair few people getting in at once I don't get asked to check my bag to see if I have any tin cans etc. The only time MCG have tried to do it properly was when I went to the Australia vs Iran soccer game and they used scanners to try and stop people bringing in flares. Flares still got in though.

But londoners are defiant.  Most were back travelling on tubes and buses the very next morning. 

That is why the terrorists will not win. 

Bloody amazing how quickly they got most of the transport system up and running again.