Author Topic: The Disgrace of our Recruiting of other clubs Hacks!  (Read 2577 times)

Rampstar

Re: The Disgrace of our Recruiting of other clubs Hacks!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 03:13:29 PM »
Blair Hartley chuckles at this thread.  ;D

with the players he is bringing to Richmond he should be crying  :-[

Gigantor

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »
I must admit even though I was prepared to support the club in their recruiting strategy,I must admit I did cringe at the extent of our foreign legion

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »

Why? He's still getting good coin. Leave the crying to us.  :whistle

Rampstar

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

thats actually true  :cheers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2014, 03:21:04 PM »
FTF $ anyone.
Biggest fraud since Pyramid.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2014, 03:29:26 PM »

thats actually true  :cheers
:woohoo

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 06:54:28 PM »
claw there is no point recruiting blokes who arent up to it. Doesnt matter how old they are or how big they are or how mature they are, if they cant play they cant play and unfortunately for us the players who have been consistently named by our supporters simply cant play to the standard. thats it in a nutshell.

Ted Richards

Mike pike

Mitch Morton

Josh Kennedy.

Etc

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »
I will always get FJ some leeway Angus because (1) he never wanted the Cub to trade pick whatever it was for McMahon he was going to take the youngest Selwood and (2) has had good ole' Blair telling everyone at the Club that mature age players is the way to go with late picks. Which has meant there have been some kids he hasn't been able to pick  ;D

So, McMahon IN 2007.
Same draft FJ took Morton, Collard, Sylvester, Cartledge and Howat again.
Followed in 2008 with  Hislop, Thomson and Nahas. Cousins was Cameron's pick based on fan and Sheedy pressure.
Followed in 2009 with Webberley, Nason, Farmer and Roberts.
THEN we got Hartley.
So Hartley was doing a brain telepathy thing forcing FJ to take those recycled players before he came to Richmond.   

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »
I will always get FJ some leeway Angus because (1) he never wanted the Cub to trade pick whatever it was for McMahon he was going to take the youngest Selwood and (2) has had good ole' Blair telling everyone at the Club that mature age players is the way to go with late picks. Which has meant there have been some kids he hasn't been able to pick  ;D

So, McMahon IN 2007.
Followed in 2008 with  Hislop, Thomson and Nahas. Cousins was Cameron's pick based on fan and Sheedy pressure.
THEN we got Hartley.
So Hartley was doing a brain telepathy thing forcing FJ to take those recycled players before he came to Richmond.
Needs to be moved aside and we should let the new guy Luke Williams take the reigns. 14 years with Stephen Wells is a pretty good CV.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »
WTF has Hartley done he hasnt recruited a Taylor Adams،Dom Tyson or Goodard to the club.All players not getting games or delisted hacks he has recruited and gave away a  2rd last year for a dud.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »
So, McMahon IN 2007.
THEN we got Hartley.

Did I say that. No don't think I did

Funny I thought we traded for Morton, ditto Farmer so I don't FJ can be blamed for trades, it isn't his area

Anyways - 2007 every one of those players you mention outside of Morton were rookie selections (will stand corrected)

2008 & 2009 were all late selections and were not all re-cycled players.

Also thought we were focusing on the recruitment of players since Hardwick's been coach which is 2009 onwards

Hartley has been in list analyst now for what?  just on 4 years, he is the one that targeted Maric (a tick), Grigg, Houli, Chaplin, Thomas. At the time Grigg & Houli were upgrades and were what was needed but ... to give Grigg a contract extension rather than looking to upgrade on him is an indictment on the Club and popor list management IMV. That the Club gave Chaplin a 4 year deal is looking like simply a foolish decision. These 'decisions' were not the doing of FJ, they were driven by Hartley

All I am saying and has ever said is that whack FJ for his drafting mistakes but not things he has zero control over. People should direct some of the same angst at Blair Hartley because he has a lot to answer for. He has got off so lightly it isn't funny
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »
FTF $ anyone.
Biggest fraud since Pyramid.

:clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Rampstar

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »
claw there is no point recruiting blokes who arent up to it. Doesnt matter how old they are or how big they are or how mature they are, if they cant play they cant play and unfortunately for us the players who have been consistently named by our supporters simply cant play to the standard. thats it in a nutshell.

Ted Richards

Mike pike

Mitch Morton

Josh Kennedy.

Etc

All recruited into a club with a brilliant culture. Our club has been ape droppings for 30 years.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 10:44:34 PM »
Hampson will never prove me wrong, dud that holds us back must go.
Chaplin does not deserve to play, why does he keep getting a game  :banghead
The whole list has dropped 5%

the claw

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2014, 12:27:04 AM »
So, McMahon IN 2007.
THEN we got Hartley.

Did I say that. No don't think I did

Funny I thought we traded for Morton, ditto Farmer so I don't FJ can be blamed for trades, it isn't his area

Anyways - 2007 every one of those players you mention outside of Morton were rookie selections (will stand corrected)

2008 & 2009 were all late selections and were not all re-cycled players.

Also thought we were focusing on the recruitment of players since Hardwick's been coach which is 2009 onwards

Hartley has been in list analyst now for what?  just on 4 years, he is the one that targeted Maric (a tick), Grigg, Houli, Chaplin, Thomas. At the time Grigg & Houli were upgrades and were what was needed but ... to give Grigg a contract extension rather than looking to upgrade on him is an indictment on the Club and popor list management IMV. That the Club gave Chaplin a 4 year deal is looking like simply a foolish decision. These 'decisions' were not the doing of FJ, they were driven by Hartley

All I am saying and has ever said is that whack FJ for his drafting mistakes but not things he has zero control over. People should direct some of the same angst at Blair Hartley because he has a lot to answer for. He has got off so lightly it isn't funny
gotta agree with nearly all that and well said. i think the point that should be made is both have a lot to answer for.

i would also like to reiterate what you said about grigg and houli. at the time of recruitment they were decent pick ups. where we have failed is not looking to upgrade on them.

for all others here who all of a sudden think taking mature recruits is folly what would you say if we had taken michael barlow and  podsiadlly,  would you be bitching about mature recruits if we had taken goddard, i can name numerous other mature recruits who have been fantastic pick ups for their clubs sheesh we even have one in maric.
it annoys the crap out of me that want to forgo mature recruits simply because we have failed to pick the right players. this does not mean that there are no good players out there to be had, ffs there are plenty.
you know what people lets forgo all nd picks after the first round because we fail to pick the right players. that is the logic with people when it comes to mature players.

ffs lets address what is actually wrong and that is not the process of taking kids in the nd or taking mature players weather it be f/a late nd or rookie picks. the problem is not the process of participating in these things. the problem is we just get too many selections wrong right across the board.

right at this minute i can think of half a dozen mature players id love our club to chase at the end of the yr.  if we got  3 or 4 of them id be happy. thing is i also want us to use 5 or 6 nd and rookie picks on kids even trade for one as well. its about balance.

as a supporter group we literally lurch from one extreme to the other always throwing the baby out with the bath water.