Author Topic: Richmond boss Brendon Gale believes the direction the club is heading is right  (Read 985 times)

Rampstar

the people who work in football are all really well paid individuals its their job to talk things up to keep the rank and file out. thats all but these people at Richmond they have gone too far. They are just outright taking the pee out of the supporters.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
nothing but onfield performance will win me over. talk & Ugly football will push me away

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
With the vast amount of success Gale experience during his own career he is the perfect person to judge whether a club is on the right path.

Good bloke, probably a competent administrator but has zero experience about what it takes to be a successful on-field AFL club.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

Well said Benny, well bloody said  :bow

Absolutely.
Well said Benny, well bloody said  :bow

You're kidding

It's spin - again

But because it's Benny doing the spinning the Club thinks everyone will buy it

While some will but a lot won't; not this time

Time to stop talking and time to start showing something, time for action

Agree on all fronts WP.

Some people just have their heads in the sand like Essendon fans for the most part. :lol :rollin :lol

Hellenic Tiger

Didn't you reads what he bleedin said, ::) mentioned you find out a lot about the list during a time like this, I expect from that there will be significant changes

Your right BJ.

Grigg from one wing to another.
Chaplin from full back to back pocket.
Hampson from g string to diapers.
Titch from blade of grass 10875 to blade of grass 15985.
Houli from headless chook to headless sheep.
Ellis from poster boy to dunny roll.
Sickery from waste of space to waste of time, money and space.

That should do it. For now.
We're on our way to September. :thumbsup

Rampstar

With the vast amount of success Gale experience during his own career he is the perfect person to judge whether a club is on the right path.

Good bloke, probably a competent administrator but has zero experience about what it takes to be a successful on-field AFL club.

this is a salient fact that our supporters seemed to have missed IMHO.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years

lol , yeah quality comment Richo , like what did Brian cooks playing resume look like. On your rationale we should make Wayne Carey CEO  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

lol , yeah quality comment Richo , like what did Brian cooks playing resume look like. On your rationale we should make Wayne Carey CEO  :lol

true but Balme is pretty handy to have hanging around. Who have we got. Thats right Tony free, another onfield maestro and peggy sue
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero

Whoa! My mail is you need to read comments more carefully.

I'm talking judging football progress which Brian Cook has Neil Balme to do and he is generally acknowledged as a pretty solid head of footy.

You know what success breeds? So what does a lack of success breed then?

Successful eras produce successful footy people, unsuccessful eras produce  :shh
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

true but Balme is pretty handy to have hanging around. Who have we got. Thats right Tony free, another onfield maestro and peggy sue

Balme is GM of Footy at Geelong = paid employee of the Club. His equivalent at the RFC is Dan Richardson not Tony Free

Tony Free is a Director on the Board and as such like all directors is not hands on; full time at the club. His role/area on the Board is Footy simply because he is a former player. Geelong do not have 1 former player on their board filling

Benny Gale is the CEO of our Club, his key job is to run the business not football; just like Brian Cook's. I think people see Benny's role as being more about the football side of things, it isn't and quite rightly shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:41:49 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back!!!

Signing Edwards for a further 2 years just proves we are headed in the wrong direction

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019

Balme is GM of Footy at Geelong = paid employee of the Club. His equivalent at the RFC is Dan Richardson not Tony Free

Tony Free is a Director on the Board and as such like all directors is not hands on; full time at the club. His role/area on the Board is Footy simply because he is a former player. Geelong do not have 1 former player on their board filling

Benny Gale is the CEO of our Club, his key job is to run the business not football; just like Brian Cook's. I think people see Benny's role as being more about the football side of things, it isn't and quite rightly shouldn't be.
Any chance we can get Balme? 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Thought Dan Richardson was a poor choice tbh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH