Author Topic: Your club's best recent draft steals, and worst misses (afl site)  (Read 1173 times)

the claw

Re: Your club's best recent draft steals, and worst misses (afl site)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
Trading wells/Goddard for Kane Johnson

Did we do that? How'd we get our hands on pick 2 when we didn't finish 15th? Thought Torney and and some picks were involved. and we got Schulz with pick#12

2002 we traded [pick 2 18 and 32 plus torney  for johnson and pick 12 and 41. we also traded pick 28 that draft for blumfield. we finished 14th but i believe carlton copped sanctions for cheating so we moved up one spot.
2001 the yr before we traded pick 17 and daffy for  stafford who was pushing 30. we also traded pick 49 for paul hudson.

to round it all out in 2003  we traded pick 6 and 20 for nathan brown.
cant go crook about getting early picks wrong in these yrs we didnt use any.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »

Did we do that? How'd we get our hands on pick 2 when we didn't finish 15th? Thought Torney and and some picks were involved. and we got Schulz with pick#12

We never had pick 2 at trade time.

We had pick 4 or whatever it was and we traded it & Torney for Kane Johnson and Pick 12.

It wasn't until after trade week had concluded that the AFL in the wisdom; stripped Carlton of their draft picks and everyone moved up in the draft. The Club has always said that if they had known what was coming re Carlton losing their pick(s) and that we would have ended up with pick 2 we would never have traded it.

Banik was a terrific footballer. He got a really bad virus & took its toll on him.

Agree Monk. Club stuffed up Anthony Banik

He had Glandular fever for memory and they played him when they shouldn't of because they didn't diagnose it until after he was completely shot and debilitated by it. He was actually playing some bloody good footy leading up to when he was chopped.

If they had handled that right reckon he would have easily been a 200 game player for us
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »

He had Glandular fever for memory

Worse

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 09:57:13 PM »
Fair Dinkum someone breaks wind near you guys and sure enough it's the clubs medics at fault

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »

We never had pick 2 at trade time.

We had pick 4 or whatever it was and we traded it & Torney for Kane Johnson and Pick 12.

It wasn't until after trade week had concluded that the AFL in the wisdom; stripped Carlton of their draft picks and everyone moved up in the draft. The Club has always said that if they had known what was coming re Carlton losing their pick(s) and that we would have ended up with pick 2 we would never have traded it.

Banik was a terrific footballer. He got a really bad virus & took its toll on him.

Agree Monk. Club stuffed up Anthony Banik

He had Glandular fever for memory and they played him when they shouldn't of because they didn't diagnose it until after he was completely shot and debilitated by it. He was actually playing some bloody good footy leading up to when he was chopped.

If they had handled that right reckon he would have easily been a 200 game player for us

Thats right WP it was Glandular Fever.  He was very ill. It was later in his career he had that fatigue syndrome. He went over to  South Aussie & played against my mate at Central Districts & he played some good footy. Then came back to our league coaching Sale about 15 years ago not exact on the years but he coach about 2 years there. Then went to another Gippsland league, Not sure if it was North Gippsland or Alberton League he was coaching maybe his old club Wron Wron Wooside.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 07:57:54 AM »
In reality we traded wells/Goddard due to Carlton cheating.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
what ABOUT BANIK AND lOUNDER?

Totally agree. It was a tragedy when he got I think it was glandular fever. Before that he was a very astute footballer.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »
If you go back and review my posts you will find I questioned the trade and sure enough I was proved right

End of story

Clowns