Author Topic: At seasons end what should the numbers be as far as delists etc go.  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Funnily enough weather we had a good yr or this yr the numbers have never differed much for me

me i think we should be looking at cutting possibly  7 from the list proper. this allows for at least 5 new faces through trades f/a and nd with a possible two rookie promotions.
i also think we can use 4 rookie picks. which obviously allows for 2 rookie promotions.
so all up it would be 9 new faces. it would allow us to address some areas in a big way.
personally id be looking for 3 mids, 2 tall fwds, 2 tall defenders 2 ruckmen. 1 sml/med fwd.so thats 10.
if we finish where we are id say we would have some chance at getting sam durdin a kpd. id like for us to try and trade for christian jaksch a kpf.  use a second rounder on a player like ryan lim. rookie a ruckman like cameron. rookie  a mature state league kpd like sully
but i digress the thread is about cutting and trading players the 9 id have in the gun are.

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.
s edwards delist/trade may get lucky.
petterd just doesnt have the skills.
batchelor just too many weaknesses hes an in betweener.
vickery trade we have 3 200cm ruck/fwds we dont need all three.
all 7 as far as i can gather are uncontracted hence why they are there in front of contracted players like grigg. there are others like helbig grigg houli knights with injury, ohanlon

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
darrou promote ????? people say  that hes improved immensely. if he plays and proves himself he could earn promotion.personally i think it more likely he will be cut.
miles promote.

as people can plainly see there is a good case for turning over 9 or 10 players.

what are others opinions on the numbers we should be looking to cut.

I agree with just about all of this, good post claw.

Funnily enough, as someone who has never been a fan of Petterd I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him as depth and insurance and getting rid of O'Hanlon. I also think Knight's career is over and Foley too, both players would have been very useful but sadly injury has ruined them.

Foley was signed on a 3 yr deal end of 2012 TM?
Great. :help

Lionel Hutz clogging the courts since 1976. ;D

"Don't touch my stuff!!..H-Hey this isn't the YMCA...."

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Funnily enough weather we had a good yr or this yr the numbers have never differed much for me

me i think we should be looking at cutting possibly  7 from the list proper. this allows for at least 5 new faces through trades f/a and nd with a possible two rookie promotions.
i also think we can use 4 rookie picks. which obviously allows for 2 rookie promotions.
so all up it would be 9 new faces. it would allow us to address some areas in a big way.
personally id be looking for 3 mids, 2 tall fwds, 2 tall defenders 2 ruckmen. 1 sml/med fwd.so thats 10.
if we finish where we are id say we would have some chance at getting sam durdin a kpd. id like for us to try and trade for christian jaksch a kpf.  use a second rounder on a player like ryan lim. rookie a ruckman like cameron. rookie  a mature state league kpd like sully
but i digress the thread is about cutting and trading players the 9 id have in the gun are.

newman ret.
king ret.
a edwards ret.
s edwards delist/trade may get lucky.
petterd just doesnt have the skills.
batchelor just too many weaknesses hes an in betweener.
vickery trade we have 3 200cm ruck/fwds we dont need all three.
all 7 as far as i can gather are uncontracted hence why they are there in front of contracted players like grigg. there are others like helbig grigg houli knights with injury, ohanlon

rookies
stephenson ret.
banfield delist.
darrou promote ????? people say  that hes improved immensely. if he plays and proves himself he could earn promotion.personally i think it more likely he will be cut.
miles promote.

as people can plainly see there is a good case for turning over 9 or 10 players.

what are others opinions on the numbers we should be looking to cut.

I agree with just about all of this, good post claw.

Funnily enough, as someone who has never been a fan of Petterd I wouldn't be adverse to keeping him as depth and insurance and getting rid of O'Hanlon. I also think Knight's career is over and Foley too, both players would have been very useful but sadly injury has ruined them.

Foley was signed on a 3 yr deal end of 2012 TM?
Great. :help

Lionel Hutz clogging the courts since 1976. ;D

is that true re: Foley.

stuff what is wrong with them. Knights too
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Out:
Newman
King
Petterd
Thomas
Stephenson
A Edwards
Grigg
Morris
Williams
Helbig

Elevate:
Darrou

Trade:
S Edwards

Rookie Retained:
Banfield

Add 5kg:
Reiwoldt
Vickery

Play for rest of this year:
Batchelor
Dea

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Grigg staying around ruins our club even more. Pay him out and destroy the Grigg disease
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Rampstar

Newman retire
King retire
Foley retire
A.Edwards retire
Stephenson retire

Grigg trade for zero and get his salary of our salary cap
Knights trade for zero and get his salary of our salary cap
Hampson trade for zero just try and get his salary of our salary cap
Chaplin trade for zero just try and get his salary of our salary cap
Petterd trade or delist
Thomas delist
O'Hanlon delist
Batchelor trade for whatever we can get
Vickery trade for whatever we can get
S.Edwards trade for whatever we can get

15 changes alot but for me we either have players on this list who are too old to go on, players on big money which we should try and get of our salary cap, players who havent developed and some who may have some currency.
The cuts you're making aren't deep enough Ramps!

Im sorry your disappointed by my lack of decisiveness on who gets the arse from  Richmond  ;D

dwaino

Delist 44 players.

Rampstar

Delist 44 players.

I did think about it  ;D

dwaino

The lot of them can get stuffed  ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The stuffn stuffers can go and get stuffed

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Chaplin
Grigg
King
A Edwards
Pettars
Bannfield
Orren
Williams

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
As others have said, who goes and stays depends on their contract status as well as how many draft picks we will have and use.

Contracts list:

Out of contract: Arnot, Astbury, Batchelor, Dea, A.Edwards, Elton, Griffiths, Helbig, King, Knights, McBean, McDonough, McIntosh, Newman, O'Hanlon, Petterd

2015: Cotchin, Ellis, Foley, Gordon, Grigg, Grimes, Jackson, Lennon, Lloyd, Martin, Rance

2016: Chaplin, Conca, S.Edwards, Hampson, Houli, Maric, Riewoldt, Vickery, Vlastuin

2017: Deledio, Morris

Rookies:

Ben Darrou (rookie - 3rd year)
Orren Stephenson (rookie - 2nd year)
Cadeyn Williams (rookie - 2nd year)
Todd Banfield (rookie - 1st year)
Anthony Miles (rookie - 1st year)
Matt Thomas (rookie - 1st year)

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=18545.msg387678#msg387678

Sadly we're stuck with the likes of Grigg, Titch and Chaplin. They are contracted and have zero trade value. Foley most likely will see out his contract before retiring next year.

So for mine we're limited to:

Retirees:
King
Newman
Stephenson (possibly although he's a cheap back-up on the rookie list).
Knights (possibly as sadly injuries have crueled his career).

Trade/delist:
Batchelor
Dea
A.Edwards
Helbig
O'Hanlon
Darrou#
Banfield#
Thomas#
Williams# (possibly as he hasn't looked close to getting a senior game. Having said he was injured last year so they may persist).

So that's at least 7 changes to the senior list and 3 to the rookie list.

In:
1-2 Free agents.
6-5 National draft picks (trades will determine how many).
3 rookie picks.

I would add off-field changes will be just if not more important.
* Complete review of the whole Football Dept. Please explain to Dan Richardson, Hardwick and FJ. Examination to include the footy dept's culture and why standards have dropped so badly in the space of one off-season.
* New fitness coach. Sorry I don't care what the Club says - we aren't fit enough.
* New highly AFL-qualified assistant coaches. We clearly need new voices and new ideas. Forwards coach and midfield spread coach in the gun. Also why, when Ross * * Smith was moved to defence coach to replace Leppitsch this year, was Ross Smith's original job of team defence structure not replaced?
* New General Manager of Player Personnel & List Management. Bye-bye Hartley.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
I am sure in extreme cases contracts can be over looked