Author Topic: Troy Chaplin on SEN - 04/06/2014  (Read 1594 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Chaplin on SEN - 04/06/2014
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
Chaplin was on SEN this morning ...

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-06-04/troy-chaplin-on-sen-june-4th

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaplin: Tigers working harder
Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
11.15AM  4-6-2014

Richmond are in a big hole after 10 rounds of football and Troy Chaplin told SEN that only hard work is going to see them improve on their 3-7 record.

The Tigers defender says the players have been working hard to turn around their poor form but it has not yielded a change in results so far.

“I think the toughest thing is that you do extras, you work hard at training.

“You’re training harder, doing one-on-ones and contested footy then you come to game day and it’s just not coming together.”

They are placed a miserable 13th on the ladder in a year where expectations were high and will likely miss out on playing finals this year.

Chaplin told Morning Glory they haven’t stopped working hard at training to get the team back on track because that is the only choice they have.

“That’s the most frustrating bit that you’re working really hard, and you can either go two ways – you can stop or you can continue doing it because hard work is the only thing that’s going to get you out of it.”

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Chaplin-Tigers-working-harder/65137

“We’re all in this together,” Chaplin said.

“We speak about the four walls at the footy club, and we’re inside those four walls, obviously.

“What matters to us the most is what’s going on within those four walls.

“We don’t worry about outside influences because, if we start worrying about them, then it just affects the camaraderie of the group.

“The group’s actually been extremely positive, given the circumstances.

“Monday, and a Tuesday, it can be pretty tough, obviously, going through the reviews.  But when we hit the track on Tuesday it’s, forget about that, let’s get on with it.

“There’s no use dwelling on it because, otherwise, we’re just going to fall into a greater hole.”

“We feel for ‘Dimma’ because he’s got to go in and face the media when, as a player, you feel like we should be facing the media,” he said.

“At the end of the day, we’re the ones out there that are letting the Club down.”

The 28-year-old veteran of 172 league games, admitted his own form had, overall, been well below expectations throughout the first half of the 2014 season.

“Individually, it’s been a pretty poor start to the year,” Chaplin said.

“The last couple of weeks have been pretty good . . . the GWS game and then again on the weekend, was pretty consistent, which was good.

“Probably the Melbourne game, my first half was atrocious.  It was just one of those games where everything just went against me.  But the second half, it started to turn a little bit, and the last couple of weeks have been good.

“It has been a slow build-up, and probably my form reflects the team’s form as well.  There are a few of us like that at the moment, and we’re trying to find a way out of it.”

“We just have to continue to take the game on, and we can’t go back into our shell,” he said.

“That’s the only thing that’s going to get us out of it . . .”

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-06-04/tigers-stick-tight

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Chaplin on SEN - 04/06/2014
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
Maybe stop doing media

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »
Thanks Mr Ed. Maybe try talking without your mouth open next time
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »
Worst appointment to the leadership group ever.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
Worst appointment to the leadership group ever.

Compouned by who they dropped to accomodate him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 05:31:01 PM »
Chaplin was on SEN this morning ...

AUDIO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-06-04/troy-chaplin-on-sen-june-4th

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaplin: Tigers working harder
Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
11.15AM  4-6-2014

“We’re all in this together,” Chaplin said.

isn't that what Dimma says everytime we lose in the weekly dissections?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:39 AM »
McClure might be a Carlton flog but he nailed a few points when he was talking on 360 about hearing this interview - basically said "All  I heard was excuses, they still don't get it at Richmond, don't care about what happens "within the four walls", show us on field - try making some tackles.......playing on quickly...etc..."
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:40:34 AM »
McClure might be a Carlton flog but he nailed a few points when he was talking on 360 about hearing this interview - basically said "All  I heard was excuses, they still don't get it at Richmond, don't care about what happens "within the four walls", show us on field - try making some tackles.......playing on quickly...etc..."
Jack tried to be honest a week or two back and was lambasted by the coach. We are only going to hear pre prepared club sanctioned press talk from now on.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
Not worrying about outside influences is just another way of saying they want to hide away from a few home truth's.

Players should be forced to read the bad press, suck it all in,  turn it into a fire in the belly and use it as a motivation to prove people wrong.  :scream

I think OER needs an intern program where each RFC player has to actively participate in this forum for a week every time they have a shocker.  ;D

By the end of the week I can assure you that they will know the Hell that they are putting us all through and a threat of a return to OER will be more than enough incentive to pull their finger out and have a decent crack!!  :scream

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 04:11:47 PM »
I like it! ^^

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
Did McClure bash Jack for speaking out the other week?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 04:27:22 PM »

Probably - like I said in the disclaimer, he's Carlton flog. Did have a go at Riewoldt for going "in & out of matches" too much....also slammed Cotchin for not being damaging and Deledio for getting tagged out too easily...reckoned Martin is the only one having a real crack this year.

- Thomas Sowell

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »

Probably - like I said in the disclaimer, he's Carlton flog. Did have a go at Riewoldt for going "in & out of matches" too much....also slammed Cotchin for not being damaging and Deledio for getting tagged out too easily...reckoned Martin is the only one having a real crack this year.

Jack in and out of matches, well f me if we actually could get it in the forward line quickly without the sideways backways chipping allowing all 18 opponents in our forward 50 then a few of our forwards may get a few more goals.

If I was Jack I wouldnt be just pointing I would be throwing poo at the dumb stuffn players