Author Topic: Demons and Dogs -Tigers ?  (Read 9717 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Demons and Dogs -Tigers ?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 07:59:50 PM »
Hardwicks 5th year
Another 2 years if this garbage when the Demons and Dogs play exciting footy
He has to go
Sorry .just had to happen
What we going to be on bottom 4 for this year and next two
You must be joking
Keep in mind Dogs and Demons beat us g
That's one

I do not agree with the bolded.  They may play disciplined footy but I would't say this year they have been exciting at all! They have strangled the opposition and generally have the lowest scoring games.  The only excitement is that they are winning games now when they weren't before.

Watch both last quarters
Pity we can't play footy like this
I can pick single quarters that we have played exciting footy too (even this year)!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:03 PM »
GWS doesn't count

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Well something has to give at some stage, we can't can't accepting this. The Dees were a basket case and last year we flogged the Dogs, they have both past us and next year could get worse. Something has to change or a change has to be forced. Unfortunately I can see the latter happening first. Hardwick has got us to a final and that's it, we could go backwards from here... :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
Well something has to give at some stage, we can't can't accepting this. The Dees were a basket case and last year we flogged the Dogs, they have both past us and next year could get worse. Something has to change or a change has to be forced. Unfortunately I can see the latter happening first. Hardwick has got us to a final and that's it, we could go backwards from here... :-\

You want to go shotgun in the dump truck?

Rampstar

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 08:19:15 PM »
Give it a break , if u wanna contribute something, get down to the club and show your support at training , hang over the fence and applaud them , be encouraging , this isn't helping

Go and get stuff.e.d Bj no one with any sanity is gonna go waste their time applauding that bunch of imposters  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »
Best quarters of football we played for the year bar GWS were

2nd against North last week.
3rd against Geelong
1st against Carlton

To me that indicates a fitness issue in that we either cannot run out games effectively and if you add the Dogs game which I am not the second half we have run in the second half if our first half has been paltry, memo to the Geelong game also. We are not as fit as other sides and it shows added to many other on field issues we have. Really struggling to find positives here. :help

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 08:28:56 PM »
When the Dees or Dogs have a shocker in the weeks ahead can we just switch thread titles to include any teams that win that week

Thanks for considering

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
When the Dees or Dogs have a shocker in the weeks ahead can we just switch thread titles to include any teams that win that week

Thanks for considering

Half way through the season and they have played better than us, surely that says something??

Thanks for considering
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
Think some posters here should take the blinkers off
Have a look at the ladder
Have a look at team selection at punt rd this year
Have a look at drindling attendances and if you still think we are headed in the right direction .you have rocks in your head
If we cannot make significant improvement for the rest of the year Hardwick will have to go
We will lose 20,000 members so it will become a footy and business issue
Club is a mess
22.000 attending yesterday says it all

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
Lets not forget who beat the dogs last week.  Dees have improved, dogs haven't,  just a lucky upset.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »
Have a look at drindling attendances and if you still think we are headed in the right direction .you have rocks in your head
If we cannot make significant improvement for the rest of the year Hardwick will have to go
Club is a mess
You made the comment on exciting football by Melbourne who have been the least exciting team this year. They have improved immensely but nobody has ever described Paul Roos game plan as exciting.

All of us can see where we are on the ladder.  All of us agree on the poor team selection. All of us can see the dwindling attendances.

None of us like it.

Not one bit.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »
Club is a mess

22000 says it all. Totally agree fans have voted with their feet.
Fixturing hasn't helped either Jack with 3 consecutive away games since we played Melbourne.
Weather forecast for Friday at this stage is 12-13 degrees with cold SW winds and showers. Bottom line will get dealt a severe jolt there too.
Club was ruined with foul weather in our first two home games against Blues and Pies impacting attendances and by the time we got to Hawthorn fans were abandoning ship.
Clubs bottom line has been impacted and to sack the coach now or in the short term future will impact it further. How good the club is will determine what their middle term future plan is like. Could we expect to see increases in membership prices or merchandise who knows but the club at least for this season or next regardless of results will not be moving on Hardwick.
In 2007 we suffered horrendous losses especially to Geelong with Wallace having two years on his contract and the club were not willing to move. The club has only now gone debt free given current events I doubt they will be willing to get back into the red too quickly given the plans they had for 2014 and beyond.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 09:00:58 PM »
Club is a mess
You made the comment on exciting football by Melbourne who have been the least exciting team this year. They have improved immensely but nobody has ever described Paul Roos game plan as exciting.

All of us can see where we are on the ladder.  All of us agree on the poor team selection. All of us can see the dwindling attendances.

None of us like it.

Not one bit.

Dees won with 36 inside 50's to 69. Whilst credit must go to Melbourne for hanging in there for as long as they could and running over the top of them ultimately, the discrepancy also raises issues about Essendon and their inability to kill off the game whilst the game was played on their terms . After all last time the two sides met there was an 148 point gulf between them. Whilst improvement can come quickly given a fresh start the key is the second year after a goal is attained. Look at us finals last year, Skata this year.

Port are the real exception to this rule at the moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 09:02:45 PM »
Best quarters of football we played for the year bar GWS were

2nd against North last week.
3rd against Geelong
1st against Carlton

To me that indicates a fitness issue in that we either cannot run out games effectively and if you add the Dogs game which I am not the second half we have run in the second half if our first half has been paltry, memo to the Geelong game also. We are not as fit as other sides and it shows added to many other on field issues we have. Really struggling to find positives here. :help
It's not just fitness or personel or trades or delistings or anything else.

It's Tigeritis™®©
It's the Skata cycle. Plop plop plop!!!(used by permission)

Fix the culture first everything else falls into place.

We need a coach that can do this. I thought Hardwick was the one but he has failed us all.
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 09:32:20 PM »
the reality was and most did not want to acknowledge it, there was a large group of clubs who were within a bulls roar of each other. we were one of them despite winning 15 games.

its no big surprise to me that the dogs and demons have beaten us. i wont say gone past us.

tyson, salem vince and cross have added enormously to their ability to compete. if we are smart there is no reason why we could not achieve a similar result.  the trouble is we the club have to actually acknowledge the need to do it. we have to be prepared to take a step backwards,  well we had to be prepared to do that at the end of last yr to take decent steps fwd.
not a huge amount has really changed. we were a middling side last yr despite finals,  and we are a middling to bottom side now.