Author Topic: Demons and Dogs -Tigers ?  (Read 9690 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Demons and Dogs -Tigers ?
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
Dees kicked 9 against the Dawks, they are on the up   :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2014, 03:52:57 PM »
Dees kicked 9 against the Dawks, they are on the up   :clapping

We kicked 7 and lost by 3 goals more. The difference between us and Melbourne when we played.

How handy would those four points be now, or the four the Dogs got against us?

the claw

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
still gotta say it. not a lot of difference between these sides. despite a surge that will ultimately hurt us.

said at the start of the yr there were 10 12 sides all about the same place and the way the yrs gone that premise is correct.
if people think we are miles in  front of sides placed 5th thru 16th they are still kidding themselves.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
Claw who is saying we are "Miles ahead of 5th-13th"?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
just the impression i get in reading threads and forums. people rip into sides around us yet sugar coat what we do.

what concerns me most is as i stated  these sides are not too far apart yet melbourne and dogs acknowledge they are very much in building mode. and will continue to cut and turn over plenty of players utilising good picks from the lower finishes that playing as many kids as possible  brings.
where as  we are in top up mode and it seems unlikely to cut more than 4 or 5 players including rookies.we will hang on to players based on players who have shown time and time again they are incapable of sustaing good footy for any decent length of time and more often than not fail abysmally against the better sides. just look at this yr , or take it further and look at our players careers as individuals.
look at some stage we were always going to have to upgrade on most of the upgrades while still cutting out the duds. this is where we are at. we have too many ordinary or inconsistent players and we need to continue to turn over players to build a good list.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »
Craw, what makes you think that either the Doggies or the Demons are anywhere near those sides from 5-13th?
Realistically, the Demons are a mile away from even Carlton and the Bulldogs aren't much better.
I'm not so sure any side from Carlton up has the same list deficiencies as they do.
Alternately, I'm pretty sure a similar gap exists in the top 4 or 5 to those clubs beneath them.
Cats, Hawks, Freo and Swans have the elite lists that the middle of the road sides are trying to catch up to.
I'd ask any posters out there to refute that we have much to do in order to catch up to the top 4 and prove craw wrong but I'd very much doubt it.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Dees 3 goals against GWS at the G, LMAO

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »
3 goals for a whole match in good footy conditions and outrun by a young inexperienced new team that had just one fit player on the bench for most of the game. It says it all that Rhys Palmer outscored Melbourne lol. It sadly also shows how pathetically we were playing in the first half of the year that we lost to that rabble :facepalm and it could that game that costs us a place in the finals :facepalm
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Rampstar

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2014, 07:26:47 PM »
Melbourne and Norf should be asked to merge by the AFL. Its in both their interests and would help the player pool.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »
Ramps, I agree.
While at it, I would move the saints to Tassie, the western bulldogs to GWS and go with a 15 team comp.
Games would be a higher quality and everyone gets a bye a week.
It's that simple Spud

dwaino

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2014, 07:41:49 PM »
"rook, you risten here. Melbon rill finish higher than Richmond this year."

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
just the impression i get in reading threads and forums. people rip into sides around us yet sugar coat what we do.

what concerns me most is as i stated  these sides are not too far apart yet melbourne and dogs acknowledge they are very much in building mode. and will continue to cut and turn over plenty of players utilising good picks from the lower finishes that playing as many kids as possible  brings.
where as  we are in top up mode and it seems unlikely to cut more than 4 or 5 players including rookies.we will hang on to players based on players who have shown time and time again they are incapable of sustaing good footy for any decent length of time and more often than not fail abysmally against the better sides. just look at this yr , or take it further and look at our players careers as individuals.
look at some stage we were always going to have to upgrade on most of the upgrades while still cutting out the duds. this is where we are at. we have too many ordinary or inconsistent players and we need to continue to turn over players to build a good list.
FFS claw. Melbourne have acknowledged that they have been in a rebuilding mode for 10 years and have had zillions of "low" picks in that time.
People do not realise that low picks are not everything. Team spirit, team gelling and the right culture are far more important than a few places higher up in the draft order. Your method of continually turning over 8 or more players does nothing for morale and putting team first too.
I agree with much of what you say but you RARELY admit you ever get it wrong. I think you have it wrong here.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2014, 08:39:26 PM »
2nd and 3rd quarters no goals whatsoever.

With the last few drafts being compromised they basically have the nucleus of their team moving forward and I believe..........they need another rebuild as they suck

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »
Dees have asked AFL for a priority pick

AFL should say stuff off and start playing winning football instead of tanking

A few words from their supporters on this site may be timely now

dwaino

« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »
Priority picks are a joke in that they disadvantage the rest of the competition. Too many compromised drafts lately. Pee off 'Dees'. Fold already.