Author Topic: Ivan Soldo traded to Port [merged]  (Read 116164 times)

Offline Tigershark

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Mike Pike says hi..........never played a game until his 20's and now a premiership player so what do we have to lose  :thumbsup

the claw

Mike Pike says hi..........never played a game until his 20's and now a premiership player so what do we have to lose  :thumbsup
lol they cant get taking players who have played all their lives right, how the hell are they going to get this one right.

will say again.  fine,  give him a go. but the real point being made is i hope they dont put all their eggs in this long shot basket, which is what they usually do.

dont you think it ironic they cant develop young ruckmen, they cant even rookie list young ruckmen who have come thru the elite systems. they cant even trade for a decent mature ruckman,  yet they can give this bloke a go whos never ever played the game.
me all im asking is they get the basics right first before they attempt miracles.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
i know i come across negative all the time. in fact lately i am , i question if i should even be posting on our sites im tht dismayed in the direction the club has taken.
thing is i really have to question this.
an 18 yr old whos never played the game.  yet we could ignore youngsters like darcy cameron.  we can give a rookie spot to one of our players cousins a kid who hasnt played the game yet we can ignore, and not even rookie  young ruckmen who have come thru elite systems  and who show plenty ffs cameron for instance was touted as the best young ruckman going around last yr.

look i can live with giving ivans cousin a go he may have some potential. but at the same time i sure as hell hope we can target and rookie list a young FOOTBALLER  like darcy cameron at the same time.
i can see it now, the recruiters and list manager sitting around the table and they go,  we dont have to look at any other ruckmen we have the 18 yo basketballer whos ivans cousin  hes bound to make it.
b honest. U don't like him cos you're a serbian
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I think opinion is premature.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
If he grew a mullet would that help?
You dknt get that many peeeps that size running around. If he went to collingwood you'd all be crying

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
A category B rookie doesn't take up any of our rookie or main list spots does it? That's the way I understand it. So I get Claws point but comparing rookie listing footballers v non footballers is a bit redundant in this case since he's a category B rookie.
article only says hes signed as a rookie.

what is wrong with getting him onto our supplementary reserves list you knopw the list that contains  davey  who doesnt play. we get him in our system we keep an eye on him  and we dont waste a spot on a bloke whos never played the game.

its almost as if they they think they can appease us by feel good stories. im sick to death of this sort of nonsense.

Sorry Claw but it does say that he's category B otherwise I wouldn't of known since I don't get mail ;D. I don't know but maybe category B is cheaper? Could be pulling this out from my bum but does the AFL pay their wage? I'm guessing Richmond pay for VFL listed players? Also leaves him open to other teams if he turns out good.

I agree with that last setence :cheers. And your others about needing to look at getting young ruckman with AFL background

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
I think we pay them but it's not counted in the salary cap and it doesn't take up a list spot. (?)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
I think we pay them but it's not counted in the salary cap and it doesn't take up a list spot. (?)

That's probably what I read and twisted it thanks :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

Yep again that's how I understand it to work

Nothing to lose, lot to gain if it works
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
International rookie selection, pretty shrewd pick up by the tigers........again.... :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
i know i come across negative all the time. in fact lately i am , i question if i should even be posting on our sites im tht dismayed in the direction the club has taken.
thing is i really have to question this.
an 18 yr old whos never played the game.  yet we could ignore youngsters like darcy cameron.  we can give a rookie spot to one of our players cousins a kid who hasnt played the game yet we can ignore, and not even rookie  young ruckmen who have come thru elite systems  and who show plenty ffs cameron for instance was touted as the best young ruckman going around last yr.

look i can live with giving ivans cousin a go he may have some potential. but at the same time i sure as hell hope we can target and rookie list a young FOOTBALLER  like darcy cameron at the same time.
i can see it now, the recruiters and list manager sitting around the table and they go,  we dont have to look at any other ruckmen we have the 18 yo basketballer whos ivans cousin  hes bound to make it.
C'mon claw, aren't you the same bloke that advocated we mortgage the jack dyer stand to trade in Tom Lee, get a grip fella , this kid goes alright just quietly  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
strange! but nothing to lose so wgaf

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Frikken hell! Looking at the photos the kid is a monster. Makes Ivan look small. If he doesn't work out he can at least work the door at the Wantirna club.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Good pick up i reckon. would have to have some skill. as long as he has the aggression of maric he will be useful for us