Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218370 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »
the Whitey thing has been done to death. Needed to become more consistent to be a worthwhile player for us, but he was was showing signs last year. He has now found that greater consistency and while he's no star, he has become a useful player for Port. We could've use his pace and goal nous in our forward half this year for sure.
Its old news now though. We didnt lose a superstar. We're actually pretty good at retaining our good players. We just dont produce enough of them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #496 on: September 23, 2014, 10:40:05 PM »
Collingwood has moved closer to securing Melbourne big man Mitch Clark in what could be a straight swap for Heritier Lumumba.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-clark-likely-to-become-a-magpie-via-trade-for-harry-lumumba/story-fnelctok-1227068229946

Another rumour though has Collingwood inquiring about North Melbourne's Aaron Mullett, whilst the Roos have organised to meet with Heritier Lumumba.

Paddy Ryder is in Adelaide talking to Port according to Caro. Ryder has told them he doesn't want to leave without Essendon getting something in return. Apparently, one of the names Essendon has asked for in return is Wines. Still deluded as ever at Windy Hill :rollin

Several clubs have inquired about Geelong's George Burbury since the Cats made it public that he was up for trade should the right deal eventuate. Those clubs are believed to be the Bulldogs, Blues, Power, and Bombers.

Geelong is believed to have asked about Port Adelaide midfielder Ben Newton, who has played just four games after being taken as a second-round pick (No.35) in the 2010 draft.

Carlton are looking to trade pick six in order to receive in return a package deal of sorts from GWS for a number of their youngsters who want to return to Victoria. Kristian Jaksch leads the names of those available or "gettable". The Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda are the other clubs battling it out for Jaksch services.

The Blues are also signalling significant interest in key defender, Sam Frost who is the brother of Collingwood's full back, Jack.

Carlton, St Kilda and Hawthorn have joined Collingwood in the race to secure the signature of GWS midfielder, Jonathan O'Rourke.

Carlton, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide have expressed interest in Western Bulldogs key forward, Liam Jones according to The Age.

Gold Coast are interested in securing Brisbane's Daniel Merrett in the upcoming trade period.

Sydney's Tom Mitchell is set to turn his back on Carlton and other suitors and stick with the Swans according to The Herald Sun's Jay Clark.

Geelong have been linked to the Western Bulldogs Will Minson and Hawthorn's Luke Lowden according to Jay Clark and SEN.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:58:57 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:11 PM »
All this talent up for grabs.

Meanwhile at RFC... <tumbleweed>

FMD. They must be stoked with our current list or just playing cards very close and quiet... I'm putting $1 on the former...

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #498 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
Harry O for Mitch Clarke would be the biggest joke in trade history. Anything possible though now that Pridus won a brownlow
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #499 on: September 24, 2014, 03:32:52 AM »
A bit of worry we haven't been linked to anyone.Maybe they don't want to play with fire again cause big Hammer screwed them  :banghead.I believe our footy department hasn't got the balls to make hard calls and decisions on players putting them on the trade table and chaseing them through free agency to.Instead we go and recruit second rate players from other clubs.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #500 on: September 24, 2014, 05:16:11 AM »
I believe the pressure place on our list by this forum has made them gun shy  :santa
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #501 on: September 24, 2014, 06:27:04 AM »
The pies end up with Mitch Clark for Labamba ...how do these pricks keep thieving?  What is the bet Mitch ain't sad no more next year.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #502 on: September 24, 2014, 06:32:38 AM »
Tom Mitchell would've been a good get, but it appears he'll simply wait for Goodes to retire along with one or 2 others and hope for a place in a side that's set themselves up to play finals for the next few years. Cant blame him.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #503 on: September 24, 2014, 07:19:54 AM »
what's with carlscum being rumoured to be interested with almost every single player on the move....

dwaino

« Reply #504 on: September 24, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Carlton just wishful. Can't trade what you don't have.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #505 on: September 24, 2014, 08:11:45 AM »
Only worthwhile trade for us is shiel. Unless we could get o rourke for a 40+ pick which is his real market value on last 2 years performance then no way. With the interest it will be r2 . Just leave it to the guru FJ, he seriously knows his staff , sleep easy  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #506 on: September 24, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »
My White issue is this, I don't believe we should of git rid of him as he played and important part in the team at the times we needed him and we were lost without him during most of the season, cameo roles or not. Most on this forum said the same thing at the time.

We did the same with Scultz and we have done the same with many players in the past, that's what I am saying. What have we picked up in return....not a lot, have they been better....no, not IMO.

Lets hope during this trade/free agency period we don't do the same. I would hate to see Ty or even Hampson traded and end up making us look like clowns!!! Ty more so.

Em tas ol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #507 on: September 24, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »
At least we replaced him with bannfield

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #508 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
The pies end up with Mitch Clark for Labamba ...how do these pricks keep thieving?  What is the bet Mitch ain't sad no more next year.
Melbourne always helps them out
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #509 on: September 24, 2014, 01:23:37 PM »
Only worthwhile trade for us is shiel. Unless we could get o rourke for a 40+ pick which is his real market value on last 2 years performance then no way. With the interest it will be r2 . Just leave it to the guru FJ, he seriously knows his staff , sleep easy  :shh

Are you saying that FJ is involved in our trading now? That your mail?

If you are then with all respect you are wrong, so very very wrong. His brief is DRAFTING not trading

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)