Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 218159 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #840 on: October 08, 2014, 04:24:40 AM »
Carlton and the Western Bulldogs have had discussions about a potential trade involving Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney.

Carlton would gain Liam Jones, Cooney and the Bulldogs' third-round pick, 45. The Dogs are determined to move as high up the draft order as possible, and would receive Carlton's pick 28 in return.

The Blues have alternatively been looking at a three-club trade in which Carlton would receive Kristian Jaksch, Hawthorn's pick 19 and the Giants' pick 21, giving up picks 7 and 28 to GWS.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/blues-dogs-consider-adam-cooney-trade-20141007-10rlob.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESSENDON is trying to lure Carlton-bound swingman Kristian Jaksch to their club despite his determination to get to Visy Park.

The 19-year-old Greater Western Sydney key position player’s first preference is to get to the Blues ahead of St Kilda, but the Dons are determined to muscle into the trade.

But Jaksch is so far refusing to talk to Essendon, hopeful Carlton can get a deal done in coming days.

Essendon is on the nose given rival players do not want to play at a club with such uncertainty around its coach and prospects of fielding a full team in 2015.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/kristian-jaksch-is-hot-property-in-trade-week-as-several-clubs-fight-over-his-services/story-fndv8f7j-1227082965525

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #841 on: October 08, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
And lame arse Richmond continue to do SFA... :help
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #842 on: October 08, 2014, 07:14:31 AM »
I believe the Bulldogs are throwing in a walking frame to sweeten the deal with Carlton on Cooney.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #843 on: October 08, 2014, 07:54:04 AM »
I am happy we are not doing anything just for the sake of doing something.
Too many years have we traded in average players that just don't help us build sustainable success,
Why pay overs for players that will cost more than their true value or don't want to come to our club
I expect a good showing in the draft and half these so called stars will be delisted by their clubs and you can pick them up for nothing.
A very good sign IMHO is no players have put their hand up to leave the club which shows to me that the management is improving and maybe the culture.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #844 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
I am happy we are not doing anything just for the sake of doing something.
Too many years have we traded in average players that just don't help us build sustainable success,
Why pay overs for players that will cost more than their true value or don't want to come to our club
I expect a good showing in the draft and half these so called stars will be delisted by their clubs and you can pick them up for nothing.
A very good sign IMHO is no players have put their hand up to leave the club which shows to me that the management is improving and maybe the culture.

Good post. The reality is that we should wait until there is someone really good like a Dangerfield and really try to step change with quality.
I'm not against a Winderlich if it costs us nothing providing we are adding a minimum of 4-6 young players through the National or Rookie Draft.
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the Tigers list  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #845 on: October 08, 2014, 10:28:20 AM »
I believe the Bulldogs are throwing in a walking frame to sweeten the deal with Carlton on Cooney.

If they throw in a second one for Mick, that would get it done.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #846 on: October 08, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »
Lol Carlton
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #847 on: October 08, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »
I think we get caught up in this week. You want to hear your club moving and chasing big name players.

I would be far more upset if we were going down the North path. Big money on inconsistent players is a huge gamble, they already have heightened expectation if/when they lose Levi.

Losing any of Cotch, Martin, Ellis or Rance & gaining Greenwood or Armitage would be just as backwards. We desperately can't afford to go backwards.

Players will come to Richmond. We are an attractive club. Just need to show the world that we are a professional and consistent outfit. Win a final next year & it will be a whole new story, players stay for less and players come to us for unders. ATM we would have to throw silly money around to get people in.

We have players to look forward to watching next year, McBean, Lennon, Pick 12, Donuts, Vlaustin. Winderlich is better than any of the rookie types we have got so far..

We need a huge effort this year & they will come.

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #848 on: October 08, 2014, 12:19:55 PM »
Essendon's fight to retain its players continues to escalate, with Kyle Hardingham the latest to signal he wants to leave, in part because of the toll the current environment has taken on him. Hardingham's management had told coach James Hird soon after the season finished that he wanted out because of a lack of opportunity. He has managed just the eight games in each of the past two seasons.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendons-kyle-hardingham-worn-down-by-supplements-saga-20141008-10rptb.html

Three Cats are now wanting to leave Geelong - Varcoe, Allen Christensen (off to Qld) & rumour has it a third player who is being courted by a Melbourne club.

GEELONG midfielder Allen Christensen is set to seek a trade to a Queensland-based club. Neither Christensen nor Geelong has announced the midfielder's desire to leave the Cattery, but AFL.com.au understands Christensen's manager, Tim Hazell, was in contact with the Brisbane Lions on Tuesday night. Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann revealed on Trade Radio his club would be very interested in him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-08/cat-heads-north

The Lions want "something pretty good" - possibly a pick in the 20s - from GWS for two-time best and fairest Joel Patfull.

http://www.afl.com.au/trade/trade-talk

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #849 on: October 08, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
Christensen wants out from cats do a deal for him and Varcoe both have speed to burn and talent something we lack in the guts.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #850 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »
Greenwood is a run of the mill-ish. I doubt they rank him about swallow/ziebell/cCunningham/fathersonGuy/etc.

They got dal Santo who is class and would have been infinitely more valuable to our cause than a grigg on a wig, of in houlis hbf spot.

Waite is better than Chaplin and will be handy.

Meanwhile Richmond has the thump the bum brining in (in recent times);  bannfielda, thomas, hampson

Norf came top four and look like having a go
Due to the new franchise sides rchmond would want to do something before ARance/deledio/cotchin get over the hill. Cause its hard to see a flag window after that

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #851 on: October 08, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »
we all must say we need some additional players... the likes of grigg, newman, houli, pattard, thomas, knights are pretty much gone next year...
then there is dea, Gordon, Elton, foley , Arnott, mcdough, McIntosh that all could be gone as well that's 12 players then you also have chaplin, hampson... we certainly need some quality players not fringe players

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #852 on: October 08, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »
Cooney to Carlton hey?  :lol

I thought Mick said Carlton needed a rebuild, not a top up.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #853 on: October 08, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
Cooney to Carlton hey?  :lol

I thought Mick said Carlton needed a rebuild, not a top up.

Malthouse doing everything he can to bring that club down.  :clapping

Good to see he still has Richmond blood flowing through him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
The third Geelong player is Tom Lonergan. SEN saying the Bulldogs are having a "genuine crack" at getting him to the Whitten Oval. The offer is a 3-year deal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen Christensen has expressed a desire to continue his career elsewhere due to non-football reasons. The club is considering its position in relation to Allen's request.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2014-10-08/club-statement-on-allen-christensen

Tim Hazell the manager of Allen Christensen has said "I can confirm that Allen has told Geelong he wishes to continue his AFL career elsewhere"

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews/posts/363157357191832