Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon - Round 20, 2014  (Read 7077 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Essendon - Round 20, 2014
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 07:01:41 AM »
Look at the teams, look at the form and look at what's on the line.

In all honesty we should absolutely wipe their arses on the MCG, we should win by 10 goals +....

Will we... :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »
Look at the teams, look at the form and look at what's on the line.

In all honesty we should absolutely wipe their arses on the MCG, we should win by 10 goals +....

Will we... :-\

I raise you to 12+ goals

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2014, 09:25:05 AM »
We will win the midfield battle but lose the war at the bookends. Grimes will be horribly exposed by Danihers mobility and height  and Griffiths will fail to fire and let the ball rebound far too easily out of defense like both did in the earlier game this year. These are our weak links imo unless they can change something drastically.

I would actually play Griffiths in the center bounces early against rider and have Maric play CHF then swap them as the game moves around the ground. I think Griffiths is a good match in terms of leap and athleticism for Ryder. Last game we were beaten early by Ryder out of the middle and the game was done in the first five minutes. Hampson played this game and was brought into the team for just such a match but failed miserably - surprize, surprize.

Watson killed us last time so his omission will help but Goddard, Zaharakis, Howlett and Stanton will all be playing and had fantastic games against us on the night. Fletcher was also, surprisingly, active that night but I think that spoke as much to the way we were bombing the ball in as to his form for the game.

We lost the contested battle last game but with Miles and Maric in the side we will be much more competitive around stoppages. Because we couldn't find space we just keep bombing the ball out which played right into their hands.

Expect a tight, rolling maul-type game early as Essendon try and shut down our time and space and force turn-overs. I think we have a good mix in tonight though to worry the Bombers.

Expect a much closer game but I think it may be a bit rich to say we should win by 10+ goals  :shh :gotigers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2014, 09:27:41 AM »
We will win the midfield battle but lose the war at the bookends. Grimes will be horribly exposed by Danihers mobility and height  and Griffiths will fail to fire and let the ball rebound far too easily out of defense like both did in the earlier game this year. These are our weak links imo unless they can change something drastically.

I would actually play Griffiths in the center bounces early against rider and have Maric play CHF then swap them as the game moves around the ground. I think Griffiths is a good match in terms of leap and athleticism for Ryder. Last game we were beaten early by Ryder out of the middle and the game was done in the first five minutes. Hampson played this game and was brought into the team for just such a match but failed miserably - surprize, surprize.

Watson killed us last time so his omission will help but Goddard, Zaharakis, Howlett and Stanton will all be playing and had fantastic games against us on the night. Fletcher was also, surprisingly, active that night but I think that spoke as much to the way we were bombing the ball in as to his form for the game.

We lost the contested battle last game but with Miles and Maric in the side we will be much more competitive around stoppages. Because we couldn't find space we just keep bombing the ball out which played right into their hands.

Expect a tight, rolling maul-type game early as Essendon try and shut down our time and space and force turn-overs. I think we have a good mix in tonight though to worry the Bombers.

Expect a much closer game but I think it may be a bit rich to say we should win by 10+ goals  :shh :gotigers

FYI, It is now 12+ goals Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

FYI, It is now 12+ goals Stripes

:booboo :cheers :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »
Seriously with the team the druggies are fielding we should win this by 30-50 points. We are only missing Jackson, Reese and Conca from our best 22.

We will lose
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »

Grimes shouldn't be playing on Daniher as it is. Carlisle and Daniher should be manned up by Rance and Chaplin

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
Dont necessarily t just ink we will win the midfield, Miles no longer goes under the radar so him and Cotch will be marked men. My worry is that beyond these two we will struggle to gain quality clearances. Really need the second tier midfielders to lift their game. Good opportunity for Titch and Vlaustin to get more of the ball, Thomas also should see a bit of it however Bombers hierarchy would consider his ball use as non damaging.

tony_montana

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »
Hibberd's run will be sorely missed by them. Looking at matchups we really have a shot at doing a number on them - but question is will we be up for it mentally?  ::)

tony_montana

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »

Grimes shouldn't be playing on Daniher as it is. Carlisle and Daniher should be manned up by Rance and Chaplin

spot on

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
Ok well. any last thoughts?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:40 PM »
We're all doomed....

dwaino

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »
Geez their players have some lavender haircuts.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
Grigger looks pumped....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”