Author Topic: R21: Adelaide v Richmond "unofficial elimination final" [merged]  (Read 18308 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond to bill clash with Adelaide Crows as mini elimination final says Bachar Houli
Sam Landsberger
Herald-Sun
August 10, 2014

BACHAR Houli says Richmond’s greatest winning streak in 19 years was built on a lift in training standards and the Tigers will bill Saturday night’s clash against Adelaide as an elimination final.

The Tigers’ 18-point win against Essendon on Friday night was its sixth on the trot — their best run since starting the 1995 season 7-0.

Richmond is now within four points of the seventh-placed Bombers and if it can square the ledger at 10-10 against the Crows a September finish will almost certainly boil down to its Round 23 trip to face Sydney.

“I can believe (we’ve won six in a row) because training has been to a really high standard that we as a team have set, particularly the last 6-8 weeks,” Houli said.

“A lot of it is just attitude. For us we’re now focusing on Adelaide. We’ve got a 24-hour period where we can relax but once that’s over we’ll focus on Adelaide.”

The Tigers have saluted in three of their past four games against the Crows and Houli said his side was winning back the respect of the footy world.

“The (Crows game) will bring a finals atmosphere and I thought (Friday night) was a finals atmosphere as well,” he said.

“We were fighting to keep our season alive and also Essendon are as well, even though they’re in the eight they’re trying to get that extra game for security.

“For us next week is another elimination final and hopefully we can get the job done.”

Spearhead Jack Riewoldt yesterday said the Tigers were still a “sneaky sniff” to play in September.

“We trained our arses off over pre-season. But we let a few things slip, we let a few things individually slip but we’ve been able to rectify that over the last 2-3 months,” he said on Triple M.

“Trust me, I’m as frustrated as anyone. There were games we should have won at the start of the season that we let slip.”

Coach Damien Hardwick said the Tigers’ form had eclipsed the best they produced last year on the back of heightened consistency but lamented their inability to handle injuries to stars Brett Deledio, Alex Rance and Ivan Maric early in the season as thy slumped to 3-10.

“We knew what was going wrong, it just took a bit of a lag to fix it, which was a little bit disappointing,” he said.

“There always was going to be a bump in the road at some stage and it defines your organisation how you handle that bump.

“Hopefully ours was in the first part of this year and then we move forward.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-to-bill-clash-with-adelaide-crows-as-mini-elimination-final-says-bachar-houli/story-fndv8t7m-1227019102230

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond to bill clash with Adelaide as mini elimination final (H-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:35:47 AM »
Oh look
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:03:42 AM »
Oh look

Doesn't this article belong in your poo thread?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »
Crap does this mean a pressure game

It's when expectations are highest that they do their best to let us down

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

“We knew what was going wrong, ....."

Um, pretty sure by your own admission you didn't Damien.  That's one of the reasons a lot of us lost confidence in your ability to take us to the next level.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
Who cares anymore. We beat essendon.

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
Anyone, anytime.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
Richmond to bill clash with Adelaide Crows as mini elimination final says Bachar Houli
Sam Landsberger
Herald-Sun
August 10, 2014

“I can believe (we’ve won six in a row) because training has been to a really high standard that we as a team have set, particularly the last 6-8 weeks,” Houli said.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-to-bill-clash-with-adelaide-crows-as-mini-elimination-final-says-bachar-houli/story-fndv8t7m-1227019102230

Erm.......didn't Maric say our training has been horrid a week or two ago?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:41 PM »
Sam Landsberger
Herald-Sun
August 10, 2014

Erm.......didn't Maric say our training has been horrid a week or two ago?
he was saying it was crap earlier in the year and we turned it around and started winning.

tony_montana

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
 we got this

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »
righto who is heading over?

Down 2 players the crows will be a big struggle to get up. Hope they born all their energy in this game.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04:30 PM »

Down 2 players the crows will be a big struggle to get up. Hope they born all their energy in this game.

Been considering it since yesterday. Road trip leave Friday stay Sat night come back Sunday.

26 degrees also. Hopefully they suffer in the heat and the Lions start rattling the goals on and they have their energy sapped. Another one or two blokes to miss won't go astray either.

By the way go Eagles at 4:40. Good old fashioned hate the Pies session coming up then too. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »

Heading over Saturday, home first thing Sunday morning

A different type of trip for me, usually fly in and out on the same day but with it being a night game I have do the over nighter thing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »

Down three, now.

Rampstar

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »
whose the 3rd player and whats the injury