Author Topic: Sanderson Sacked by Crows  (Read 2840 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Sanderson Sacked by Crows
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 06:59:33 AM »

isn't that what newman and a few others did with Leather face.

Yes but don't forget that when they first tried, he wasn't sacked; Club refused to do it, wouldn't let the players dictate.

Granted Wallace went a number of weeks later but that was board driven not player driven - big difference IMHO

So in the RFC situation the tail didn't wag the dog like it seems to have happened in Adel. Even Gerrard on 360 (who broke the story btw) said he had spoken to a couple of players who admitted they had gone to the Chairman
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 10:21:23 AM »

isn't that what newman and a few others did with Leather face.

Yes but don't forget that when they first tried, he wasn't sacked; Club refused to do it, wouldn't let the players dictate.

Granted Wallace went a number of weeks later but that was board driven not player driven - big difference IMHO

So in the RFC situation the tail didn't wag the dog like it seems to have happened in Adel. Even Gerrard on 360 (who broke the story btw) said he had spoken to a couple of players who admitted they had gone to the Chairman

are you kidding? you think senior players like Richo, johnson, newman and co had nothing do with Wallace going.

Come on WP your better than that
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
La la land is wp location

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
are you kidding? you think senior players like Richo, johnson, newman and co had nothing do with Wallace going.

Did you actually read what I wrote or did you just skim over it like you sometimes have a tendency to do  ::)

But will go through it all again

Pay attention to the timeline

Who could forget, all went down a few streets away from where I work in Port Melb, Hutchy was camped outside Gary March's office at the time.

Players went to the president, mutiny was supposedly on, Hutchy went on KB's show on SEN and said Wallace would be sacked later that morning

Fact is he was not sacked, players were put back in there box and told he wouldn't be sacked.

Craig Cameron fronted the media by the Dyer Statue and said Wallace was still coach.....and wasnt' being sacked

That is what happened, tail was not allowed to wag the dog....that was my point. Players wanted him gone but they didn't get their way... can I make it any clearer for you

Hutch was made to look like a goose which was an added bonus I thought

Later that season Wallace was sacked after a recommendation at board level.

That is what happened, did the players failed mutiny impact on the final decision made by the board? Prossibly but at the time the of the player led mutiny it was scuttled and the board didn't bow to the demands of the players

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 11:49:00 AM »
Addendum; end of conversation

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
i read exactly what you said and you are letting yourself down again.

The players played a big part in leather face being sacked. You can write up whatever story you want but their voice was finally heard.

Initially, no maybe your right  they didn't make their move, but their voices became louder and finally the board listened. Richo Newman etc were a massive part of Wallace getting the arse, just like over in Adelaide.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
Sanderson's failure to communicate led to sacking: Crows boss

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-18/communication-breakdown

The Crows have missed out on Goodwin if that was their plan. Will they now go after Bomber Thompson?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 01:21:29 PM »
i read exactly what you said and you are letting yourself down again.

The players played a big part in leather face being sacked. You can write up whatever story you want but their voice was finally heard.

Initially, no maybe your right  they didn't make their move, but their voices became louder and finally the board listened. Richo Newman etc were a massive part of Wallace getting the arse, just like over in Adelaide.

Whatever!

Can tell you the players were not biggest voice heard in the decision a certain director was

And don't throw Richo in the mix. He didn't lead the scuttled mutiny

But as I said whatever   ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
Essendon's Mark Thompson has ruled himself out of the Adelaide coaching Position.

Bomber Thompson said:

"No, I'm not interested"
"I wouldn't go there, especially now"

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »
What a Phil Narkle ...

"But when Goodwin’s close friend and Crows director Mark Ricciuto made contact with Goodwin last night after Sanderson’s sacking was made public, Goodwin told him he was already committed to the Demons".

Ooooppps - Plan B ?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »

Did you actually read what I wrote or did you just skim over it like you sometimes have a tendency to do  ::)

But will go through it all again

Pay attention to the timeline

Who could forget, all went down a few streets away from where I work in Port Melb, Hutchy was camped outside Gary March's office at the time.

Players went to the president, mutiny was supposedly on, Hutchy went on KB's show on SEN and said Wallace would be sacked later that morning

Fact is he was not sacked, players were put back in there box and told he wouldn't be sacked.

Craig Cameron fronted the media by the Dyer Statue and said Wallace was still coach.....and wasnt' being sacked

That is what happened, tail was not allowed to wag the dog....that was my point. Players wanted him gone but they didn't get their way... can I make it any clearer for you

Hutch was made to look like a goose which was an added bonus I thought

Later that season Wallace was sacked after a recommendation at board level.

That is what happened, did the players failed mutiny impact on the final decision made by the board? Prossibly but at the time the of the player led mutiny it was scuttled and the board didn't bow to the demands of the players

You know you could of just said that last bit and it would of answered his (justified) question but as you say, whatever