Author Topic: Kayne Pettifer to make pro-boxing debut  (Read 4707 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kayne Pettifer to make pro-boxing debut
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 02:31:55 PM »
Former Richmond footballer Kayne Pettifer wants pro boxing career after winning first fight

Ron Reed
    Herald Sun
    December 14, 2014

FORMER Richmond footballer Kayne Pettifer is keen to proceed with a professional boxing career after making a successful debut on Saturday night.

It’s fair to suggest, though, that it’s only going to get harder from here.

Pettier’s opponent was an overweight, 44-year-old Thai whose ring name is Terkiat Sitheppitak — his passport says Kiattisak Kuaruan — and whose record is so poor Victorian boxing officials said he probably wouldn’t have been allowed in the ring if he had not been fighting a complete novice.

Sitheppitak has had more than 100 outings in the martial art of Muay Thai but only nine boxing bouts, winning his first against another novice but losing all the rest, five by knockout.

Fighting at light heavyweight, Pettifer, 32, who has been working under trainer Sam La Bruna for several months, clearly won the first three two-minute rounds, fading slightly in the last, with all three judges calling it his way 39-37.

The 113 game goalkicker, who retired in 2007, was cheered on by a tableful of current Tigers, including Chris Newman and Dustin Martin, with Collingwood’s Dane Swan and former Blue and Lion Brendan Fevola also in the crowd and recently deposed world champion Sam Soliman in his corner.

“I enjoyed it — a great experience — and I’m pretty proud of myself,” Pettifer said.

“I definitely want to have another go. But it’s extremely hard — the toughest sport in the world.

“The transition from football is just so hard and I have a long way to go.”

PICS: http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports/boxing/former-richmond-footballer-kayne-pettifer-wants-pro-boxing-career-after-winning-first-fight/story-e6frf5h3-1227155316240

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 02:48:49 PM »
No wonder he won, the opponent was a podgy middle aged bloke they found the buffet at FoodStar
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »
No wonder he won, the opponent was a podgy middle aged bloke they found the buffet at FoodStar

So how are you coping with your loss then????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »

:lol. Nah I'm a Sizzler man through and through
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »

:lol. Nah I'm a Sizzler man through and through

:thumbsup ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 03:34:49 PM »

Offline Big Bloke

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »
I dont know why my post got deleted but I really dont approve of some of the posting here. I doubt any of you would have the courage to say some of these things to Kayne's face. Joking about abusing young girls is also disgusting, the posts should be removed

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
Always thought this bloke was a pansy playing for the Tiges. Surprised he wants a boxing career...