Author Topic: Brendon Gale on 3aw - 07/09/2014  (Read 1476 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Gale on 3aw - 07/09/2014
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »
Benny Gale was just interviewed on 3aw by Caro and Tony Shaw.

* No experience is a wasted experience. We were confronting each other earlier in the season about what went wrong and how to fix it. We had some difficult conversations with each other but importantly we stuck together. We learnt a lot about ourselves as a club internally and externally.

* Tony Shaw said Benny Gale has brought sanity to that Club and its administration.

* Ivan is a big presence but noit a big talker. Still waters run deep - when he talks people listen. His leadership is onfield especially. He's not the biggest ruckman but he is strong in the contest and creates a path for the smaller blokes.

* Daniel Jackson is a selfless fella who puts the club first all the time.

* Back-to-back finals is an important milestone. We hadn't played consecutive finals since 74-75. Our onfield KPIs are right up at the moment so if we lose today it will be very disappointing.

* We're not resting on our laurels. We want to be a top 4 side. As proud as we are about our coaches and players getting us into the finals again, we won't be blinded by it given what happened earlier in the year. Being 3-10 was unacceptable. We went backwards. It meant a lack of consistency in performance throughout the year. We will leave no stone unturned to make sure that doesn't happen again and that we continue to improve and get better.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brendon Gale on 3aw - 07/09/2014
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »
Benny Gale was just interviewed on 3aw by Caro and Tony Shaw.

* No experience is a wasted experience. We were confronting each other earlier in the season about what went wrong and how to fix it. We had some difficult conversations with each other but importantly we stuck together. We learnt a lot about ourselves as a club internally and externally.

* Tony Shaw said Benny Gale has brought sanity to that Club and its administration.

* Ivan is a big presence but noit a big talker. Still waters run deep - when he talks people listen. His leadership is onfield especially. He's not the biggest ruckman but he is strong in the contest and creates a path for the smaller blokes.

* Daniel Jackson is a selfless fella who puts the club first all the time.

* Back-to-back finals is an important milestone. We hadn't played consecutive finals since 74-75. Our onfield KPIs are right up at the moment so if we lose today it will be very disappointing.

* We're not resting on our laurels. We want to be a top 4 side. As proud as we are about our coaches and players getting us into the finals again, we won't be blinded by it given what happened earlier in the year. Being 3-10 was unacceptable. We went backwards. It meant a lack of consistency in performance throughout the year. We will leave no stone unturned to make sure that doesn't happen again and that we continue to improve and get better.

Lets hope some of the posters on this forum understand that statement!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »
Is not was.......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:21:27 PM »
I don't think anyone on the forum thought our early season form was acceptable, is to not see the forest for the trees....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:06 PM »
I don't think anyone on the forum thought our early season form was acceptable, is to not see the forest for the trees....

They forgot it pretty bloody quick and attacked other posters that remember it!!!!

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:53 PM »

They forgot it pretty bloody quick and attacked other posters that remember it!!!!

Don't forget we were 9-0

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:03:32 PM »

Agree it was ferocious, Oh it was terrible

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 06:53:12 AM »

Don't forget we were 9-0

Means nothing just like last years defeat

We have embarrassed ourselves 2 yrs running

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
The dump truck needs to be fired up and filled up

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
It's time for you to carry out all these suggestions Chucky.
Why don't you hire the dump truck with chicken manure rather than suggest others to do it? Go on, we know you want to!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »

Don't forget we were 9-0

Means nothing just like last years defeat

We have embarrassed ourselves 2 yrs running

They all mean something, good or bad. No point ignoring one piece of the puzzle and focusing on another.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 02:38:38 PM »
Why don't you hire the dump truck with chicken manure rather than suggest others to do it? Go on, we know you want to!!

I would but TBR has the keys and said he is going to do it

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

I would but TBR has the keys and said he is going to do it
We all await TBR to do the "deed" then!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »

I'll poo in the pile, if that helps......
Caracella and Balmey.