Author Topic: Richmond needs to take a leaf from great clubs (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond needs to take a leaf from great clubs (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »
I agree. We should demand nothing less than a premiership every year! If we don't get it then we need to rip up our memberships, get a load of poo ready and sack the coach immediately. There is no time for this mandy-pandy developing a list and taking no short cuts - we must succeed now and if not then we need to storm the club and force changes. This is not the 1950's for God sake this is the 1980's/1990's isn't it! Trade out though unless draft picks and get players so we can be successful now.

I call on all my duffel coat wearing brothers and sisters in arms to join with the media and pressure our club into raising expectations to unrealistic levels and making rash decisions so we can continue to eat our own and implode every year! The media don't have a hidden agenda. They are on our side and only want what's best for our club. Our outrage wouldn't sell papers now would it :whistle

%#$^& gradual improvement. We should be happy with the flag and nothing less!  :yawn
oh dear. and here i wqas thinking when your club loads up with a plethora of mature players and your club manages to only take 1 junior player that that would be the time to demad actual improvement in all areas.

yet most would agree with me when i say we went backwards.yep never question what they do they knowe better.how dare we be disgruntled with what has happened get back in our places and shut the f up.

this is what the article is about. how ludicrous of any of us to accept the season as an improvement. when the reality is it was abysmal at times. the only bright spot being the emergence of a 22 yr old rookie player who showed just about every other player up at the club.

I'm with you claw....now have you got that load of chicken poo ready like I asked? :-X

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »
We are a great club so Anderson can EAD.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »
Trash article from a shock jock struggling to be heard , should have we been more satisfied had we floundered to a bottom 4 finish.  ::) boofhead of highest order  :shh

I am really not sure how it is a "trash article" he has only put into print what the vast majority of people have been saying and thinking.

It is 100% accurate.

As a club we shouldn't be satisfied with what we achieved in 2014. Facts are we got smashed in a final. It was a terrible and embarrassing performance, with the truth being it was totally unacceptable. IF we say to get there was good enough then we wont' improve and more importantly it will show we have learnt nothing in 2014

Not sure why people get upset when the truth is put in print or is it a case of it's fine for supporters to say it but not the media?

Further to this I reckon the analogy that Jon Anderson used re Sheedy and the Bombers is a good one.

Point that Sheedy was making was pretty simple and that was making a GF shouldnt' be enough, that they shouldn't accept that as being good enough and that "self congratulation" could/should happen after a premiership win. He challenged the enitre club to not accept just getting there, they had to strive for more. They did and they won flags

We as a club need to continue to strive for more, back to back final appearances are small step but not enough especially in light of not winning either of those finals.

We need to challenge ourselves to go further and not accept getting there is enough. I would argue that the first 13 weeks of season 2014 showed what happens when you don't challenge one another, don't hold standards high and you dont hold each other to account. Complacency sets in... I posted a few weeks back what happens now with how we trade, how draft, how we take on a pre-season will define what if anything we've learnt in 2014. Still believe that

A massive challenge awaits

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »
You know these stuffing arseholes make me sick, they carry on about the media we got, THEY GAVE IT TO US!  They set us up and knock us over every time!  Jon Anderson, WANKER who feeds his fat, flaccid arse, on articles on our misery as if he were an expert on running a Great Club.  Turn it up, he couldn't run a public toilet.

Rampstar

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
Trash article from a shock jock struggling to be heard , should have we been more satisfied had we floundered to a bottom 4 finish.  ::) boofhead of highest order  :shh

I am really not sure how it is a "trash article" he has only put into print what the vast majority of people have been saying and thinking.

It is 100% accurate.

As a club we shouldn't be satisfied with what we achieved in 2014. Facts are we got smashed in a final. It was a terrible and embarrassing performance, with the truth being it was totally unacceptable. IF we say to get there was good enough then we wont' improve and more importantly it will show we have learnt nothing in 2014

Not sure why people get upset when the truth is put in print or is it a case of it's fine for supporters to say it but not the media?

Further to this I reckon the analogy that Jon Anderson used re Sheedy and the Bombers is a good one.

Point that Sheedy was making was pretty simple and that was making a GF shouldnt' be enough, that they shouldn't accept that as being good enough and that "self congratulation" could/should happen after a premiership win. He challenged the enitre club to not accept just getting there, they had to strive for more. They did and they won flags

We as a club need to continue to strive for more, back to back final appearances are small step but not enough especially in light of not winning either of those finals.

We need to challenge ourselves to go further and not accept getting there is enough. I would argue that the first 13 weeks of season 2014 showed what happens when you don't challenge one another, don't hold standards high and you dont hold each other to account. Complacency sets in... I posted a few weeks back what happens now with how we trade, how draft, how we take on a pre-season will define what if anything we've learnt in 2014. Still believe that

A massive challenge awaits

:gotigers

Im not expecting anything big in trade period. Rumours were around that we were into Tomlinson & Hunt but everything seems to have gone quiet.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »
I agree that we should always demand improvement and strive to reach that ultimate flag but our expectations should be our own and not something engineered by elements of the media to make us reactionary. Too long have we prided ourselves on being ruthless if our lofty expectations have not been met only to handicap our team by constantly forcing ourselves to start again with coaches and our list.

If we are measured, unwavering and realistic in our expectations of our progress then success will come. The minute we listen to the media tell us we are failing or should be demanding more from our club is the minute we descend into the dark old days.

We have made the finals twice in a row for the first time in decades - that's something to build from.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »
You know these stuffing behindholes make me sick, they carry on about the media we got, THEY GAVE IT TO US!  They set us up and knock us over every time!  Jon Anderson, WANKER who feeds his fat, flaccid arse, on articles on our misery as if he were an expert on running a Great Club.  Turn it up, he couldn't run a public toilet.

I reckon hes organised a few appointments at them though

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »
You know these stuffing behindholes make me sick, they carry on about the media we got, THEY GAVE IT TO US!  They set us up and knock us over every time!  Jon Anderson, WANKER who feeds his fat, flaccid arse, on articles on our misery as if he were an expert on running a Great Club.  Turn it up, he couldn't run a public toilet.

I reckon hes organised a few appointments at them though

:lol

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »

Nice work Owl. I was gonna post something similar. This comment >>

Naturally enough their run to September involved a near-nauseating level of publicity, undeserved much of it

memo to the drunken pizza shop destroyer ... It's your goddam paper that puts us on page 1 , 2 and 3 every day leading into a final. Then it's the same idiot journos that belt us from pillar to post if we lose and complain about how much hype there's been about Richmond.
 The gist of the article is fair enough but I very much doubt anyone at Richmond would be satisfied with that end to the season.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
Look, I didn't like the headline We are a great club Anderson!!!

Having said that, the body of the article was 100% accurate. I hope they damn well read it down there.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
Opinion piece from Uncle Ruperts rag.
Truly who cares what these dolts write about, Andrew Bolt anyone.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »

Nice work Owl. I was gonna post something similar. This comment >>

Naturally enough their run to September involved a near-nauseating level of publicity, undeserved much of it

memo to the drunken pizza shop destroyer ... It's your goddam paper that puts us on page 1 , 2 and 3 every day leading into a final. Then it's the same idiot journos that belt us from pillar to post if we lose and complain about how much hype there's been about Richmond.
 The gist of the article is fair enough but I very much doubt anyone at Richmond would be satisfied with that end to the season.
Exactly, it was his nauseating press, him and his ilk!  Then he poses himself apart from it !  LOL Geez H stuffing Geez.  The contempt.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
OER should sue him for breach of copyright©™
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 02:03:33 PM »
Stuff Jon Andreson and the blue and white hoop wearing horse he rode in on  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 06:19:30 PM »
Hawthorn did pay around double everyone else in  the 80s to their players bar a couple of rich clubs who still paid 100s of Ks less than them. Giving up the booze is a nice symbol but it hides the fact you just outspent everyone.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-kangaroos-and-lions-could-have-merged-ross-oakley-20140705-zsx8k.html

Hawks 1.3 million to blues 1.1 dons 1 million and everyone else under 750k
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:28:31 PM by tdy »