Author Topic: Tiges reviewing poor starts  (Read 715 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiges reviewing poor starts
« on: August 02, 2005, 03:46:31 AM »
02 August 2005   
Herald Sun
Bruce Matthews

Royal said a major aspect of the review was Richmond's propensity for poor starts, which have been costly in the Tigers' past two losses.

Port Adelaide opened with seven goals to two in Round 17 and Carlton stunned the Tigers to lead 7.0 to 3.5 at quarter-time at Telstra Dome on Sunday.

"We've been very poor over the last few weeks with our starts. It's not always easy to come up with the reasons," Royal said. "We'll be doing some things differently this week to try to eradicate that."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16120323%255E19771,00.html

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: Tiges reviewing poor starts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:46:25 AM »
It doesnt just stop there.......jumped by Melbourne as well and Im sure if i think back we can name 2-4 other games where we got jumped. I think even North kicked away from us early.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 01:35:51 PM »
Add the West Coast game.

I reckon with the exception of the Essendon, Sydney, Freo and Carlton (Rd 7) games most of our starts haven't been great. Granted in some of the others we may have ended in front at 1/4 time I think you'll find the opposition usually scores first
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 02:49:40 PM »
Apparently we've conceded a total of 140 points in the first 5 minutes of our games - the most in the League  :o.

In terms of first quarters we're 7 wins, 11 losses, For - 59.59 (413), Agst - 71.46 (472), 87.50 %.

As WP says we've only started we in about 4 games and even in the Essendon game the bombers had the first 2-3 attacks but our defence held up before we gained the ascendancy.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd