Author Topic: Pick 12 - who should we draft?  (Read 88354 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 12 - who should we draft?
« Reply #420 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »
The Herald-Sun profile of Ahern doesn't have us in the mix for him.

IN THE MIX: GWS (4/6/7), Collingwood (5), Gold Coast (8/15), Essendon (17)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/pick-me-paul-ahern-keen-to-work-on-consistency-ahead-of-2014-afl-draft/story-e6frf3e3-1227127319316

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett Anderson on twitter:

"Recruiters can't remember another year like this one with so many 1st rounds picks still up in air & #AFLDraft is only nine days away."

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #421 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »
It's one of the most open in years , no 12 could just as easily be no 1 , we re in great hands ... :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #422 on: November 18, 2014, 11:10:03 PM »
saint / melb fans pooing themselves  :shh

the claw

« Reply #423 on: November 18, 2014, 11:40:58 PM »
It's one of the most open in years , no 12 could just as easily be no 1 , we re in great hands ... :shh
sorry bo but #1 has already gone to sydney imo. that leaves #2 and i reckon he will be a saint.
besides with francis record at 12 we are more likely to end up with another spud.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2014, 01:12:23 AM »
More than a bit of Dustin Martin in Cockatoo's style. Kid could be very special.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:04 PM »
One for the conspiracy theorists ...

Francis Jackson, in his interview on the RFC website about Cotchin's drafting back in 2007, made mention of Ken Fletcher (who coached Cotch at PEGS). Corey Ellis is also from PEGS and has also made mention of the influence of Ken Fletcher as his coach.

Offline Stylo

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2014, 03:06:01 PM »
sorry bo but #1 has already gone to sydney imo. that leaves #2 and i reckon he will be a saint.
besides with francis record at 12 we are more likely to end up with another spud.

Yeah he's been awful with early picks. Should stick to the later rounds where he does his best work.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
"Conca Ellis vlastuin are awful"

"We have a chronic shortage of MIDs and everything else"

Rampstar

« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »
the more footage I see of Corey Ellis the more convinced I become that we can not pick him at 12. at best he will be an average player in the AFL. A first round pick needs to be better than that, needs to have more tricks, at AFL Ellis wont have the time he seems to need at tac cup level. im totally against drafting him with pick 12.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #429 on: November 19, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »
Reece Ellis
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »
The club is has a record over looking the obvious choice to 'reach' for a seemingly lesser player. Regardless of the 'beet available' mantra

Jon v hurn
Heppel v conca

Some time it works. I don't like it

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #431 on: November 19, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
"Conca Ellis vlastuin are awful"

"We have a chronic shortage of MIDs and everything else"
Conca was a mistake and is a very average footballer. I don't even have him in my best 18.
Ellis I hate, but he has improved. Think he will be a Grigg type his whole career. Gets a lot of footy but doesn't really hurt you.
But IMO Valustuin will be very good for us. I wasn't that wrapped when we drafted him but I'm happy now. I see things in him that make me confident he will be a valuable player for the club. A solid B grader at his best which is a pretty good result.
I really hope FJ gets a bit more adventures with his selection this year. The last 3 have been REALLY safe.
Leverde for me if he is still around, Wright next if he is still there, but if not I would still be happy with Duggan.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #432 on: November 20, 2014, 04:53:10 AM »
Brett Anderson on SEN yesterday:

Tigers are in a really good position. There's going to be players available at pick 12 they didn't expect to be there.

Anyone out of ...
Duggan - who's also in the mix at Gold Coast at 8.
Laverde - a slight chance he could slip down, who has been their one since mid-year.
Lever - is the other one they will find hard to overlook if he's still there.

Expected selections:
1. GWS - Petracca
2. Melb - McCartin
3. Melb - Brayshaw
4. GWS - Pickett
5. Coll - De Goey/Laverde
6. GWS - Goddard
7. GWS - Lever or a small.

https://soundcloud.com/sen1116/the-run-home-draft-expert-brett-anderson-1

Jake Lever won't be heading to Dees at pick 3. Would have loved them to take him, but now GWS/Geel/Rich seem likely destinations.

https://twitter.com/BrettAndersonIF/status/534992755311665152

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #433 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:48 AM »
 I just hate how people in the papers say well Richmond are targeting these 3 players how do they no who lets this out of the bag and alerts other teams.... just get the best kid available and hope he can slot straight in... as im still unsure on ben lennon and how long it will take him to progress to the player they thought he would be :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: November 20, 2014, 10:21:36 AM »
I just hate how people in the papers say well Richmond are targeting these 3 players how do they no who lets this out of the bag and alerts other teams.... just get the best kid available and hope he can slot straight in... as im still unsure on ben lennon and how long it will take him to progress to the player they thought he would be :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
They usually get it from the players themselves.  They ask them who has talked to them......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.