Author Topic: McDonough to Adelaide rumour  (Read 7680 times)

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: McDonough to Adelaide rumour
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 10:40:56 AM »
at the end of the day if these guys arnt getting regular football y hang on to them, he does show a bit but this is his year as he needs to get the hbf spot specially with houil newman grigg pretty much gone shortly  :thumbsup

Rampstar

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
unfortunately the donut is too slow to play off a half back flank

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
well the ones we have running off at moment are no better... that's why we need pace

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 10:37:12 PM »
well the ones we have running off at moment are no better... that's why we need pace

Which is why the Dea trade is a no-no. :help

the claw

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 10:59:29 PM »
me i was sure he was a smart goal kicking sml fwd who they hoped in time would be capable of going thru the midfield as a part of rotations. have we at any stage played mcdonough as a sml fwd on a consistent basis.
when your not overly quick and only 180cm at afl level you need some outstanding attributes to over come these things.does he.  ive always doubted if he could make it so im not fussed if we trade him out or more correctly he wants to go home.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
Also could be trading McDonough to Adelaide. Our 2nd + McDonough for Adelaide's 2nd and 3rd picks.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-trengove-to-the-tigers.1079715/page-19#post-35650828
The BF poster who posted the above last week is now saying "there will also be no McDonough trade".

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-trengove-to-the-tigers-poll-added.1079715/page-49#post-35691733

Rampstar

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 08:10:15 AM »
me i was sure he was a smart goal kicking sml fwd who they hoped in time would be capable of going thru the midfield as a part of rotations. have we at any stage played mcdonough as a sml fwd on a consistent basis.
when your not overly quick and only 180cm at afl level you need some outstanding attributes to over come these things.does he.  ive always doubted if he could make it so im not fussed if we trade him out or more correctly he wants to go home.

that's correct claw. he came as a forward pocket type.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
Just another angle, would the donut have more upside than Newman? he is listed as 2cm shorter and 1 kg heavier. IMO if he is the same speed or faster than newman wouldn't he be a better LTI ??

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »
at the end of the day if these guys arnt getting regular football y hang on to them, he does show a bit but this is his year as he needs to get the hbf spot specially with houil newman grigg pretty much gone shortly  :thumbsup
you have to have depth players. He is much more suited to the small forward role and played his list few games in the vfl there. expect to see him there in 2015 I reckon

tony_montana

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »
getting rid of players like Dea and McDonough whilst signing up and playing a clearly past it Newman is just wrong

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
getting rid of players like Dea and McDonough whilst signing up and playing a clearly past it Newman is just wrong

Yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 11:54:13 AM »

No no

Delisting arnot bachelor arnot dea. While retaining Newman Thomas grigg and friends is good listmmanagement

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »

Have they been got rid of?

the claw

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »
Just another angle, would the donut have more upside than Newman? he is listed as 2cm shorter and 1 kg heavier. IMO if he is the same speed or faster than newman wouldn't he be a better LTI ??
that would depend on strengths weaknesses and  correct role.imean to say newman has only ever been a solid citizen at his best at age 30 something theres no upside to newman. at age 20 odd with the talent to get on a afl list which is an achievment in itself you would hope mcdonough has more upside than newman. if we arent aiming for better we have thr set way too low.
 the trouble here is the role they play. mcdonough cannot play imo hb for many reasons which should be obvious. i would have thought in comparing  players to keep you would judge lloyd against mcdonough.

tony_montana

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »

Have they been got rid of?

not yet, point is why sign up newman who should have retired 2 years ago, and look at exploring you guys who are still developing