Author Topic: Taylor Hunt [merged]  (Read 94838 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Taylor Hunt [merged]
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2015, 06:56:47 PM »
I actually thought he was pretty decent against the Dogs Bojo but you're right it won't be easy to crack into the Tiges formidable starting midfield when players return. He'll need to make the most of any opportunity that presents itself because he definitely isn't a walk up start.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2015, 06:59:15 PM »
He's in our top 15 players already. Easy
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »
how bout - now i understand this is a little out there - but perhaps, rather than play taggers, you just have every player accountable for their direct opponent?

Yes that'll happen under Hardwick - anyway, all sarcasm aside, didn't realise the two things had to be mutually exclusive and if they are then why recruit a noted tagger? Do you think it's just a coincidence that after our main tagger Jackson retired we went after Greenwood, another noted run with player, then grabbed Hunt after we missed out? Did the club not cite his abilities as a tagger when we picked him up?

whoaaaaaa! Only premiership teams be doing that sort of stuff!

Sydney & Geelong say hello.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2015, 08:21:20 PM »
how bout - now i understand this is a little out there - but perhaps, rather than play taggers, you just have every player accountable for their direct opponent?

Yes that'll happen under Hardwick - anyway, all sarcasm aside, didn't realise the two things had to be mutually exclusive and if they are then why recruit a noted tagger? Do you think it's just a coincidence that after our main tagger Jackson retired we went after Greenwood, another noted run with player, then grabbed Hunt after we missed out? Did the club not cite his abilities as a tagger when we picked him up?

Mate if that was going after Greenwood we have no chance at all of getting anyone at all next year. We were as weak as p iss regarding Greenwood?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2015, 08:29:43 PM »
I actually thought he was pretty decent against the Dogs Bojo but you're right it won't be easy to crack into the Tiges formidable starting midfield when players return. He'll need to make the most of any opportunity that presents itself because he definitely isn't a walk up start.
He was pretty solid, I just didn't want to understate the depth of our best 22 , by suggesting he would be a walk up
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »

It's not so much about being the two things being being mutually exclusive, but when the talk is about taggers, i envisage some hack who cant get a kick himself or butchers the ball when he does scragging and hanging the oppositions better players.

I'd prefer to have midfielders who can get and use the ball and let them go head to head with their opponents, being both accountable and showing up the opponents that arent.

was it the club who talked up Hunt's tagging prowess or forum posters?

anyway, if he can run both ways up and down a wing all day, get the pill and use it to effect then what does it matter ? You know he will be accountable. ( or least you'd hope so)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »

I always thought Langford was a run with player? Hmmmmm

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »
getting pedantic, but is there a difference to being a run with player and a tagger, or is just a change in terminology?

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2015, 11:59:31 PM »
I must admit to not being completely sold on Taylor just yet. Hopefully not but I have a feeling he'll be fringe at Richmond just as he was at the Cats.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
getting pedantic, but is there a difference to being a run with player and a tagger, or is just a change in terminology?

I always took it as the same thing

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
if you send a player out with the sole intention of stopping an opponent from getting a kick and no concern with getting possessions yourself, i think most would agree that is tagging.

but what if you send out a player with instructions to run with an opponent,let him take you to the ball, but then try to win that ball yourself?

Its a subtle difference, but imo, an important one.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2015, 05:00:07 PM »
Same thing

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
how is trying to win the footy the same as having no intention of winning it?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
if you send a player out with the sole intention of stopping an opponent from getting a kick and no concern with getting possessions yourself, i think most would agree that is tagging.

but what if you send out a player with instructions to run with an opponent,let him take you to the ball, but then try to win that ball yourself?

It's psychological.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »

I guess but every player on the field would have a direct opponent but have the intention of winning the ball themselves except for a select few who would be classed as run with players/taggers so IMO there's no inbetween.