Author Topic: Corey Ellis [merged]  (Read 145636 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Pick 12. Corey Ellis [merged]
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »
Well done to Corey Ellis getting drafted as our first round pick. He looks a good solid kick and once he gets used to the pace of the game he should be able to hone that skill even further.

I agree with the comments that some of the posts on this thread have been appalling namely one Mr Bentleigh Biscuit and another Mr Rampaging Tiger. Pull your heads in. The decision has been made, this guy is playing for Richmond, he needs to be good, and he damn well will be!

were my comments ok?  I hope I didn't go too far.  Sometimes I get caught up in the moment.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »
......this guy is playing for Richmond, he needs to be good, and he damn well will be!

And the happy parade stretches onwards.....it's infectious!

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2014, 09:34:11 PM »
Well done to Corey Ellis getting drafted as our first round pick. He looks a good solid kick and once he gets used to the pace of the game he should be able to hone that skill even further.

I agree with the comments that some of the posts on this thread have been appalling namely one Mr Bentleigh Biscuit and another Mr Rampaging Tiger. Pull your heads in. The decision has been made, this guy is playing for Richmond, he needs to be good, and he damn well will be!

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Owl, have loved your first 3539 posts, and look forward to your next 3539. 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »
Thanks man

the claw

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2014, 09:59:30 PM »
I shall commit suicide as my Samurai forefathers have done before me to regain honour
that would be good hurry up.  na just playin. but a serious question.
have you even seen this kid play judge.
me i have about 6 i would have taken in front of corey but i will not bag him not until we see what we have at the level.  we all have kids we like better than others. it doesnt mean we are right. only way to judge ellis is on HIS PERFORMANCES FROM HERE ON IN. ATM francis jacksons picks are all spot on until PROVEN otherwise.

does anyone else here like the upside connor menadue represents. again i had about 3 i would have taken in front of connor but ffs this is a good pick.

while ellis is not my cup of tea and atm im  alittle disappointed we didnt take others i think for once francis has done okay with his other picks.
time will tell and in fairness we need to give these picks a chance to work out.

Rampstar

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »

:clapping :clapping

Well after today Ill be disappearing all together of this site because I wont be a member next year nor will I be contributing any more money to the club. That being the case I don't feel its right for me to comment about the club going forward. I personally don't have a  beef with the kid, my beef is with the club and what they did tonight as well as a long term beef with the club about the direction of the club. So with that being said I want to thank you all for all the years of entertainment on here, but Richmond FC no longer provides enjoyment for me and I don't support the administration of the club or how the club is moving forward. Beyond that I wish all of you and all the players the best and goodluck to you all.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2014, 10:09:14 PM »
Don't be a pussy ramps, they havn't had chance yet.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »
I shall commit suicide as my Samurai forefathers have done before me to regain honour
that would be good hurry up.  na just playin. but a serious question.
have you even seen this kid play judge.
me i have about 6 i would have taken in front of corey but i will not bag him not until we see what we have at the level.  we all have kids we like better than others. it doesnt mean we are right. only way to judge ellis is on HIS PERFORMANCES FROM HERE ON IN. ATM francis jacksons picks are all spot on until PROVEN otherwise.

does anyone else here like the upside connor menadue represents. again i had about 3 i would have taken in front of connor but ffs this is a good pick.

while ellis is not my cup of tea and atm im  alittle disappointed we didnt take others i think for once francis has done okay with his other picks.
time will tell and in fairness we need to give these picks a chance to work out.

I actually quite like what I read of Mr.49%

He sounds a player. Tidy and safe will fit in good

I am just spooked by the clubs track record . and the concern there are superior options

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2014, 10:23:01 PM »
Would have preferred leverde and lever before him imho but should be in our round 1 side improving us immediately. Does have a great awareness inside, will be a good tandem with Miles and give Cotch a much needed chop out. Good luck Corey

Yep. I wanted Duggan but when I think about it, at least Ellis has size and ball winning ability. Nice kicking action too.

dwaino

« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2014, 10:31:49 PM »
I don't think he looks slow as I've seen a couple suggest. The more I watch his highlights the more he just looks composed in traffic instead of rushing and looking chaotic.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »
I really like the look of this kid. We are building a fantastic core of true footballers.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2014, 01:57:08 AM »
Mr 49%
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »
I think the Judge was using the title not to bag the kid, but to point out the recruiters are once again not following their own public statements re foot skills.

Deliberate or not, he has bagged the kid by calling him Mr 49%, he dragged the kid into it and he deserve our support not belittling
Well if he scored 49% he is Mr 49% inmho&v
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »
A safe as houses pick, is good at everything , will be the missing link in our midfield pack that builds a bridge to premiership mountain ...shrewd selection by the Tigers  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled