Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 163456 times)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1155 on: March 29, 2024, 08:12:30 AM »
Not great but it worked to win 3 flags  :snidegrin

But he was vital in the other one

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1156 on: March 29, 2024, 02:20:42 PM »
Bottom line imo is more than anything he lacks consistency.
Every year he will play a handful of top games but those games are interspersed with 3 or 4 very ordinary performances.
Imo he has played his best for us when he has managed to win enough contested ball and failing that managed to lay good tackles on his direct opponent.

For me he is too slow and we have a lot of similar ilk. Always been others you play in front of him in the midfield.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1157 on: March 29, 2024, 04:24:38 PM »
Fair point , I'm now starting to think we need to make radical changes to the team and just play all the kids, suffer the early pain and prepare them. Give them the experience and mileage. Dusty Grimes Graham Broad Pickett McIntosh etc must all be put aside for the kids. Must think ahead

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1158 on: March 29, 2024, 11:18:32 PM »
Fair point , I'm now starting to think we need to make radical changes to the team and just play all the kids, suffer the early pain and prepare them. Give them the experience and mileage. Dusty Grimes Graham Broad Pickett McIntosh etc must all be put aside for the kids. Must think ahead

All the kids are not good enough. We need to play as many  kids as we can who look likely  in well structured teams with lots of experience around them.
Fail to do so  all we will be doing is set them up for failure and morale sapping confidence.

An example would be say Brown Gibcus with Broad Vlastuin Balta rioli around them. thats 4 100 gamers guiding a few kids in the back half.

Do the same in the front half  say Clarke  Campbell and Bauer with Lynch Bolton Balta yeah i know we need two Balta's.
Same with the midfield and the bench.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1159 on: March 29, 2024, 11:24:02 PM »
Give him three more games -preferably as the sub or subbed off - to get him to 100 then fho... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1160 on: March 30, 2024, 11:42:48 PM »
Give him three more games -preferably as the sub or subbed off - to get him to 100 then fho... :shh
A better option. If we pick him play him as a mid and let him sink or swim.

If you were at an opposition club would you chase him or even contemplate bringing him to your club?
Such a shame P/A came to their senses at the last minute.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1161 on: April 14, 2024, 08:26:52 PM »
No wonder I didn't realise he'd already brought up the ton........until he set up a junk time goal for Lefau forgot he was even playing...#heaveawayhaulaway #boundforsouthaustralia :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1162 on: April 14, 2024, 08:51:59 PM »
Yeah just a bit of a morning player. Funny I remember when he was drafted everyone said he was a steal, but the reason he slipped is because scours thought he had little room to improve and they were right. Wonder if it will be the same with McCauliffe

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1163 on: April 14, 2024, 10:39:57 PM »
No wonder I didn't realise he'd already brought up the ton........until he set up a junk time goal for Lefau forgot he was even playing...#heaveawayhaulaway #boundforsouthaustralia :shh

Really? I thought he was in our best 6 or so on a very bad day. 17 possessions, 8 tackles, 6 inside 50s. Serviceable, certainly far from our worst.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1164 on: April 14, 2024, 11:18:40 PM »
"In the best 6 on a bad day" (disagree)& "far from our worst"  is about the most you can expect from him and therein lies the problem..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler