Author Topic: Jayden Short [merged]  (Read 171438 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jayden Short [merged]
« Reply #270 on: June 04, 2018, 12:53:54 PM »
Short, playing just his 43rd senior game for the Tigers, in last Saturday night’s ‘Dreamtime at the G’ encounter, had an AFL career-high 28 disposals, including a game-high nine rebound-50s, and a highly-impressive 659 metres gained.

The 22-year-old is averaging 19.2 disposals, 4.4 rebound-50s, 4.0 marks and 458.3 metres gained per match this season.

He is ranked fifth in the competition for metres gained.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-04/short-stands-tall

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #271 on: June 04, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »
Still has a long way to go, media and commentators have created a massive love fest around this bloke that is completely over the top. Short is an ok player that is trying his guts out but still turns the ball over way to often than he should, especially for the roll we want him to play, he has good qualities in as much as his penetration and can kick both sides of the body. I'm not sold on him yet, needs more time, not sure he's comfortable at the level just yet.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #272 on: June 04, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
Did claw hack your account?
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #273 on: June 04, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
Still has a long way to go, media and commentators have created a massive love fest around this bloke that is completely over the top. Short is an ok player that is trying his guts out but still turns the ball over way to often than he should, especially for the roll we want him to play, he has good qualities in as much as his penetration and can kick both sides of the body. I'm not sold on him yet, needs more time, not sure he's comfortable at the level just yet.
Sorreeey, where is he lacking? Is McIntosh better than him? Is Conca better than him?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: June 04, 2018, 05:45:00 PM »
What?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: June 04, 2018, 09:13:41 PM »

:huh3

His disposal efficiency for the season is around 70-75%

Better rate than our captain and the currnet brownlow medallist

His kicking is elite, would go as far as to say he is the best kick in our side

Yes, he's sometimes turns it over but not as much as so many others

He has improved out of sight this season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #276 on: June 04, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »
Love Shorty, he's a gun

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »
Next time you go to a game, watch the way they set up and release him. He's sort of like the QB of the backline (I know how much OER loves an american sports analogy  :thumbsup), which is that the tall defenders feed it off to him for a long, penetrating kick. Many times on Saturday night Essendon had set up their zone defence. Many times we flipped it to Shorty and he just kicked straight over the top of it.

Gun!

Short >> Houli
Short > Conca

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2018, 09:32:32 PM »

Winding us all up surely

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:14 PM »
I am amazed to read that Short has played 43 games for us.

I'd have thought 20-25.

Obviously not paying attention.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2018, 10:47:05 PM »

His DE is 77% for the year, as the season has progressed his absorbed more and more pressure before releasing the ball by either foot which is giving us more metres and taking the opposition away from the next possession. His left foot kicking under pressure is first class
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:58 PM »

In fairness think out of our top 10 in disposal efficiency 8 of them are backmen so safe to say it’s a positional thing. However I don’t see how you could have watched his season so far and claimed he turns it over too much, if u look at total clangers in our team think you’ll find his at the bottom end which is pretty impressive considering he kicks it long distances majority of the time. Towards the end of last year was definitely turning it over too much and rightfully lost his spot because of it. Improved immensely this year and am loving his drive out of the backline.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: June 05, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »

Using your benchmark Houli should have been dropped to the twos years ago.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:10 AM »
You tend to have a few turnovers when you're one of the main blokes in the side who runs off, breaks the lines & tries to hit some really difficult kicks. More often than not he pulls it off. His defensive work has been really good. Kid has balls too.

Was stumped as to why he fell out of favour so badly last year. I can't see him losing his spot in this side anytime soon.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"