Author Topic: Kane Lambert retires [merged]  (Read 163158 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kane Lambert [merged]
« Reply #690 on: June 06, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
If that's the case then the dude is legit cooked, sorry Kane. Need to play a kid who can be 100%.

Time to rest up and reflect on what's been a great career.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #691 on: June 06, 2022, 10:14:17 PM »
If that's the case then the dude is legit cooked, sorry Kane. Need to play a kid who can be 100%.

Until a kid can contribute more to the side then lambert can then he plays when fit and able. There are a fair few senior players I’d replace with the cubs before lambert.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2022, 11:22:28 PM »
We really need a link up man like Lambert for 2023 and beyond. He really is the glue that is required for any gameplan to work. I’ve always had huge wraps on his two way running

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #693 on: June 07, 2022, 12:22:24 AM »

Until a kid can contribute more to the side then lambert can then he plays when fit and able. There are a fair few senior players I’d replace with the cubs before lambert.

I see what you're saying but that top level development isn't going to happen if we don't expose a promising kid to the AFL.

Lambert has managed 3 serviceable games this year. He was absolutely stuffed vs Essendrug so if he can manage 3 games in a row before needing a 3 week rest then we are probably looking at half a dozen more solid games this year.

Simply not enough if we want to compete.

He's been wonderful but it sounds like he's really done.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: June 07, 2022, 12:34:12 AM »

I see what you're saying but that top level development isn't going to happen if we don't expose a promising kid to the AFL.

Lambert has managed 3 serviceable games this year. He was absolutely stuffed vs Essendrug so if he can manage 3 games in a row before needing a 3 week rest then we are probably looking at half a dozen more solid games this year.

Simply not enough if we want to compete.

He's been wonderful but it sounds like he's really done.

Well yeah if the ratio is 3 games playing then a 3 game break I doubt he’ll continue next season. I’m not sure that’s the case though just happened to be a 3 week break because we had the bye. I’m thinking it’s more like he needs a week off every 3-4 weeks which if that’s the case then I wouldn’t be getting rid of him in a hurry, that’s still around 15 games a season.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #695 on: June 07, 2022, 10:40:16 AM »
15 games sure I'd keep him on at that but I guess it depends on whether or not he thinks it's worth it too.

If we only get 10-12 games out of him I wouldn't do it. Prestia is similar with his injury rate lately but he's more impactful IMO

FooffooValve

« Reply #696 on: June 07, 2022, 11:59:11 AM »
Definitely his last season. He needs the same hip replacement that Andy Murray had.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #697 on: June 07, 2022, 08:15:14 PM »
A true clubman and leader to put up with the pain and put off a major operation for the team . He would be mad to go on next year imho and I would think they will play him when we play the big games and rest him when too sore or when we might be able to win without him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #698 on: June 08, 2022, 06:19:31 PM »
Poor Kane misses again  :(.

FooffooValve

« Reply #699 on: June 08, 2022, 06:34:56 PM »
Might be the sub.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #700 on: June 09, 2022, 06:29:44 PM »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #701 on: June 09, 2022, 07:17:18 PM »
So is the club gambling with his fitness? If he is right to go then not sure why he isn’t in the 22 and if he isn’t then fair gamble there. Touch wood this doesn’t happen but what if someone goes down early in the game?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2022, 04:25:39 PM »
Damien Hardwick said Lambert was “a lot better this week”.

Source: Foxsports

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2022, 05:59:48 PM »
Id be playing lambert every second or even third week to nurse him to finals time. Definately give him 2 breaks between now and finals maybe even 3.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #704 on: June 22, 2022, 01:50:42 PM »
Midfielder Kane Lambert is “on the edge” to face Geelong due to hip injury which leaves him as a week-to-week proposition for the rest of the season.

Source: The Age