Author Topic: Richo to stick around (Herald-Sun)  (Read 986 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo to stick around (Herald-Sun)
« on: August 12, 2005, 05:52:01 AM »
Richardson to stick around
12 August 2005   
Herald Sun
AAP

RICHMOND will not have to face the prospect of life without gun forward Matthew Richardson for at least another two seasons.

The 30-year-old has led the club's goalkicking for nine of the past 11 seasons – the exceptions being 1995 and 2000 when his seasons were ruined by injury – and will leave a gaping hole when he retires.

But Richardson said yesterday that would not be soon as he wanted to be part of what would be a Tiger resurgence under coach Terry Wallace.

Richardson will become the elder statesman at Punt Rd following the retirement of Wayne Campbell at the end of the season.

"I have complete confidence in everything Terry is doing," Richardson told AFL.com.au.

"With the way we have performed this year, I believe that within three or four years we can definitely be a good side.

"It really makes you want to keep playing and to do another pre-season.

"I think I have got at least another two or three more years left in me, hopefully more."

Richardson has kicked 53 goals this season, and will comfortably win the club's goalkicking for a 10th season.

It leaves him needing just one more season at the top of the table to equal Jack Titus' club record of 11.

But he has not yet given up on the club's finals hopes for this season, despite Richmond losing its past four games to slump to 12th.

"It only takes one win to turn things around and if we win this week (against the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome on Sunday), our finals chances are very much alive," he said.

The Bulldogs are heavily favoured to beat the Tigers, after surging into finals contention with consecutive wins over Geelong, Brisbane and West Coast in the past three rounds.

But Richmond has won its past four clashes, with Richardson proving a match-winner each time.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16230756%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richo to stick around (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 06:19:38 AM »
2-3 years for the rest of us to do  :bow and  :scream 50 times during a game each week lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd