Author Topic: Cotchin commits to 5 more years!  (Read 4835 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cotchin commits to 5 more years!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 01:44:36 PM »
Heard he wanted, and got, a house. The same one Troy Taylor had his eye on.
No. I bought that one in case he wants to come back... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
He should've taken a pay cut. He has been crap since 2012
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
Great news. Well done Cotch.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »
Cotch talking about re-signing for 5 years ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-12-04/cotchin-commits-for-five

* Excited to re-sign for 5 years. It was always going to happen.  It was just a matter of timing and knowing and seeing the direction our young playing group is going. I’m just excited to continue what we’ve been doing over the past couple of years and really striving for that success.

* Last two years have been a developing one as a captain. Enjoyable to find who he was a person and a leader and not waiver from that.

* It was really important for me not to make the contract negotiations drag out throughout the year and be a distraction to our playing group. Even further to that, our supporters.  People can get on the edge of their seats with not knowing exactly what’s going to happen in the future. I just wanted to get it out of the way with as little fanfare as possible and getting back to doing exactly what I know needs to be done to tick boxes.

* I would hope my commitment does help to encourage some of our younger players that are coming out of contract. The reality is they need to be comfortable in their own shoes. We would hope we’re creating an environment where everyone’s happy and feel that they’re getting the best out of themselves. If we’re doing that to the best of our ability, they have no reason to be looking elsewhere. So that would be the plan moving forward.

* My goals for next year is to continue to grow and develop his leadership. Important that he starts dragging the younger guys along so we bridge the gap as quickly. That is what will make us a great side in the years to come. As a team we just want to improve from this year. We'll be doing everything we can to be as high on the ladder and every week is measured the same.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
The contract that has me thinking is Dustin Martin's and the name "Ralph Carr". That contract negotiation on the surface looks like becoming a poo fight, even if only based on past experience. Carr WILL go to the market again with Dustin even if it is only to make himself right for doing it last time. We won that last battle but that was by no means the war. The market will not be as accommodating to Richmond this time around (failing a significant off field indiscretion by Martin) as last time and in all probability already has interested parties.

I consider that unless our offer is a significant one, I can see him moving on. I'm asking myself these questions, Does he like Richmond? I think the answer to that is yes. Is he really emotionally committed to Richmond? I don't think he is, no. I believe he is still battling some major demons, disagreements with the club in relation to the Dan Connors off loading. I believe he has never fully or even in part, forgiven Damian Hardwick for that episode, outwardly it is easy to slap people on the back even give them a hug after a win, but still inwardly the perceived betrayal can be a very powerful moving force. I don't believe Hardwick has his true respect.

The above post is only my OPINION, it will be interesting to see what FACTUALLY transpires.

It's been reported they are already talking. Carr hasn't even said it. There is a thread somewhere about it.

IMHO he loves the club and his team mates and he is totally committed to the RFC. Last time when it was a complete disaster it was Hardwick who convinced him that he'd be welcomed back. He and Hardwick are close and there is respect. Again just my opinion

Personally I believe an extension will likely be done before the season starts. Reckon it will be quite straight forward
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
IMHO he loves the club and his team mates and he is totally committed to the RFC. Last time when it was a complete disaster it was Hardwick who convinced him that he'd be welcomed back. He and Hardwick are close and there is respect. Again just my opinion

Personally I believe an extension will likely be done before the season starts. Reckon it will be quite straight forward

Yeh I agree Will.
We both might be wrong but all the noises coming from Carr and Dusty make me think a new contract is imminent and the process will be fairly straightforward.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »
The contract that has me thinking is Dustin Martin's and the name "Ralph Carr". That contract negotiation on the surface looks like becoming a poo fight, even if only based on past experience. Carr WILL go to the market again with Dustin even if it is only to make himself right for doing it last time. We won that last battle but that was by no means the war. The market will not be as accommodating to Richmond this time around (failing a significant off field indiscretion by Martin) as last time and in all probability already has interested parties.

I consider that unless our offer is a significant one, I can see him moving on. I'm asking myself these questions, Does he like Richmond? I think the answer to that is yes. Is he really emotionally committed to Richmond? I don't think he is, no. I believe he is still battling some major demons, disagreements with the club in relation to the Dan Connors off loading. I believe he has never fully or even in part, forgiven Damian Hardwick for that episode, outwardly it is easy to slap people on the back even give them a hug after a win, but still inwardly the perceived betrayal can be a very powerful moving force. I don't believe Hardwick has his true respect.

The above post is only my OPINION, it will be interesting to see what FACTUALLY transpires.

It's been reported they are already talking. Carr hasn't even said it. There is a thread somewhere about it.

I hope so, I would like to see that, he is an elite player
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2014, 08:26:40 PM »
Cotch signing and the amount of kids we have drafted this time around has made me excited again to be a Tiger.
Last year took a lot of my passion away. Never have I not cared as much about the club.
After talking to a few about these new guys I'm really happy with what the club has picked up. I know they won't all succeed but at least we addressed a real issue in leg speed which is exciting.
Just watching the YouTube clips on some, they are as good as I have seen.
My hate for FJ is still there, it will take more than one decent draft to change that, but I hope for our sakes he is on the improve.
Well done to Cotch too, will go down as a true Tiger great when he finishes up. 

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
Cotch signing and the amount of kids we have drafted this time around has made me excited again to be a Tiger.
Last year took a lot of my passion away. Never have I not cared as much about the club.
After talking to a few about these new guys I'm really happy with what the club has picked up. I know they won't all succeed but at least we addressed a real issue in leg speed which is exciting.
My hate for FJ is still there, it will take more than one decent draft to change that, but I hope for our sakes he is on the improve.
I have high hopes for your boy Reece McKenzie bt!
Could be the big guy in front of the sticks that neither Griff nor Tyrone will challenge. Griff should play high half forward and pump it long down to Reece while Vickery can.......well I am still finding a position for him. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
I have high hopes for your boy Reece McKenzie bt!
Could be the big guy in front of the sticks that neither Griff nor Tyrone will challenge. Griff should play high half forward and pump it long down to Reece while Vickery can.......well I am still finding a position for him. :thumbsup

#2 ruckman on the bench  :bow

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
My hate for FJ is still there

Gotta be a slip of the tongue ? You're better than that Tone.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »
Everybody love everybody pls

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
Everybody love everybody pls

Nah that's pi$$ boring. Eff off to Hippy love in.com for that sorta stuff.
Aah maybe it's just me but I reckon 'hate' is a real strong word. Only to be used when describing one's ex  ;D

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »
My hate for FJ is still there

Gotta be a slip of the tongue ? You're better than that Tone.
No slip mate. Would run him over if he crossed the road in front of me  :lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
Nice work Tigers,,,,,, again  :clapping briing home a premiership cup Cotch :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled