Author Topic: Chokehold death of Eric Garner  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chokehold death of Eric Garner
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »
that would have to be one of the most compliant arrests a copper could hope to make.

if that is resisting then the cops may as well start shooting all suspects rather than put their own lives at risk when the person does actually fight back.

i though you were taking the pee with your original comment, yeahright, but am stunned that you would actually think he was resisting. probably time to get your head out of the books and witness the real world.

I wouldn't joke around with a death like this. Just to reiterate, I do believe it was over the top from the police officer BUT I also believe it could have gone a lot smoother. He's a big boy and extra attempts had to of been made to get him down and if you all don't believe he was resisting then fair enough you are entitled to think that and I won't be able to convince you otherwise I guess I just see it differently.

FWIW telling me to "witness the real world" is a belittling comment with no substance as I have seen and experienced enough arrests to form my own opinion so it would be fair not to make assumptions based off nothing.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 03:31:00 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
that would have to be one of the most compliant arrests a copper could hope to make.

if that is resisting then the cops may as well start shooting all suspects rather than put their own lives at risk when the person does actually fight back.

i though you were taking the pee with your original comment, yeahright, but am stunned that you would actually think he was resisting. probably time to get your head out of the books and witness the real world.

I wouldn't joke around with a death like this. Just to reiterate, I do believe it was over the top from the police officer BUT I also believe it could have gone a lot smoother. He's a big boy and extra attempts had to of been made to get him down and if you all don't believe he was resisting then fair enough you are entitled to think that and I won't be able to convince you otherwise I guess I just see it differently.

FWIW telling me to "witness the real world" is a belittling comment with no substance as I have seen and experienced enough arrests to form my own opinion so it would be fair not to make assumptions based off nothing.

Lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 12:23:51 AM »
What's the funny part?