Author Topic: RFC's next five-year plan --- The Five Pillars  (Read 11103 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: RFC's next five-year plan --- The Five Pillars
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2015, 09:32:59 PM »
Five Pillars is a fancy name, I would have preferred the club just have some simply stated goals such as:

Richmond will make finals 4 out the next 5 years
Richmond will make top 4 in 3 out of the next 5 years
Richmond will win at least 1 premiership over the next 5 years
Richmond will record annual Profits in each of the next 5 years
Richmond will invest in its home facility and expand external business operations to increase revenues from outside the football club.
Lol when bars are set especially when it comes to football they are set low. What a joke this thread is. What saddens me is gullible tiger supporters everywhere will lap it up and in five yrs time will still be lapping it up.
We are a footy club there is at the end of the day only one bottom line PREMIERSHIPS.  FFS I just to see one before im dead. EXCELLENCE  in all areas is what it will take. ATM  we continue to make excuses for the most important areas.
Excellent post. I agree.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2015, 09:40:07 PM »
Five pillars eh? Houli obviously wielding a fair bit of influence at the club these days...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:42:09 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:45 PM »
We enter year 7
It is only my opinion and i have voiced it before  i think we have stagnated since the end of 2012.

People can argue all they like but it has taken 6 years to become a middling side

If we stagnated 3 years ago how could it have taken us 6 years to become middling? Wouldn't we have become middling 3 years ago?

I have some genuine questions. What actions will be implemented to achieve these pillars? Are there any specific quantifiable goals which sit underneath or alongside the pillars?

Not mucking around - they might actually exist but i cant find any info on this.

IIRC the old (good) RFCO said it actually has specific goals and the details would be released eventually. Obviously that was ages ago now and the club probably hoped everyone would forget.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
Cause instead of focusing of the continually improvement we have become fixated with the list blockers

And idolise them 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »
Cause instead of focusing of the continually improvement we have become fixated with the list blockers

And idolise them
Chaplin and Grigg?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »
From The Age website ...

Richmond's last bold plan under former president Gary March – launched at the end of 2010 after Gale was appointed – was dubbed 3-0-75 and aimed for the club to play in three finals series, have zero debt and 75,000 members within five years ... and to win three flags within 10 years.

The three premierships might prove overly ambitious in the next five years, but the Tigers broke 70,000 members this year, have cleared their debt and played three finals in the past six years, not five.

O'Neal said the next phase of planning was focused on a range of less eye-catching administrative matters but central to them was examining what to do about the fact the club was outgrowing its Punt Road home.

"We will always be at Punt Road, but it is five years since we finished the work here and you look at Hawthorn and Fremantle and what they are doing with new facilities ... and we are running out of space for the administration, and football always wants more space.

"So we will look at all our options: how much more can we do there with what we have at Punt Road? We will have people examine what is feasible.

"We are part of Yarra Park and the MCC is our landlord, so we will have discussions with them and see how best we can use the space we have."

She said other options for expanding to nearby facilities would also be examined.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/richmond-board-to-consider-new-contract-for-hardwick-early-next-year-20151201-glcuyw.html

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2015, 11:17:54 PM »

And idolise them
Chaplin and Grigg?

Grigg and Chaplin....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
Newman
Houli
Hampson
Morris

Types too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2016, 03:00:29 PM »
So...do they plan on elaborating any time soon?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »
O’Neal explained the five pillars upon which Richmond will focus its attention:

1. Working on the Club’s culture.
2. Gaining greater understanding of its supporter base.
3. Increasing revenue.
4. Investing in its facility.
5. Ultimately, achieving on-field success.

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-12-11/2014-agm-oneals-speech

* The Richmond Football Club will be bold. We will innovate and lead. We will embrace all challenges, both on and off the field. That is the essence of our vision for the future.  It is what success looks like to us and, as we know, we will need to work harder than we have ever worked before to deliver on that vision.

* I have said several times that the next five years will require as much, if not more, of us than the past five years.

* We intend to do all within our power to deliver you a strong and bold premiership club.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-12-11/tigers-future-focus

Do you mean in relation to the above Yeah Right.
If so, I'd say "Yeah, riiiiight"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2016, 04:42:35 PM »
Yep. I'm sure we were told there was much more detail than that and it would all be revealed...alas