Author Topic: Did Santa give you any Tiger pressies?  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Did Santa give you any Tiger pressies?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 07:47:48 AM »
oh the cheap factories in Indonesia that make nike not as good as the ones that make kooga?  LOL turn it up
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »
I got a 3 game membership from Ramps

how did I miss this doozy of a post from the Hard Roar ;D  ... Did they send you a letter with the membership?  ;D

Yep, signed in lipstick
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

No More

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »
I got a 3 game membership from Ramps

how did I miss this doozy of a post from the Hard Roar ;D  ... Did they send you a letter with the membership?  ;D

Yep, signed in lipstick

No Crayon this time?

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
oh the cheap factories in Indonesia that make nike not as good as the ones that make kooga?  LOL turn it up
Nike has a better quality, and you might find that the 2001-2003 Richmond Nike gear was Australian made
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 02:31:59 PM »
Where might I find that?  I drove past a the shoe factory in Jakarta.  Be a goddamned miracle if we got textiles and clothing still being made in this country when there are perfectly good child exploitation sweat shops overseas...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
Nike has a better quality, and you might find that the 2001-2003 Richmond Nike gear was Australian made

Really over a decode ago clothes might have been made on Australia.

For memory the majority of clothes made back in 2001 by Bonds for example were made on Aust. You know Chesty Bond Singlets..it's not 2001-2003 anymore it is 2015

Ridiculous comparison, question should be where do Nike get there stuff made now and isn't
Australia.

Go back to when we were with Reebok the vast majority was made in China, just like ALL brands are now.

Every single apparel sponsor in the AFL, NRL get the majority of gear made in Asia. Whether it be Nike, Puma, ISC or BLK all of it gets made in the same factories in Asia

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 06:11:13 PM »

Really over a decode ago clothes might have been made on Australia.

For memory the majority of clothes made back in 2001 by Bonds for example were made on Aust. You know Chesty Bond Singlets..it's not 2001-2003 anymore it is 2015

Ridiculous comparison, question should be where do Nike get there stuff made now and isn't
Australia.

Go back to when we were with Reebok the vast majority was made in China, just like ALL brands are now.

Every single apparel sponsor in the AFL, NRL get the majority of gear made in Asia. Whether it be Nike, Puma, ISC or BLK all of it gets made in the same factories in Asia
Yeah whatever floats your boat WP but Nike, Adidas and Puma are all better quality than what we get.

BLK is comparable to Kmart and Target apparel

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 06:26:33 PM »

Yeah whatever floats your boat WP but Nike, Adidas and Puma are all better quality than what we get.

As always you miss the point I am not debating the current quality of BLK -v- Nike or any other brand with you. You have your biased view on that and it won't change so it is a mute point. You hate BLK no matter what they produce and that clearly floats your boat

But what I said was that for you to suggest that gear made over 10 years ago that might have been made in Aust somehow means better quality in 2015 is a ridiculous comparison. Nothing more, nothing less

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »

As always you miss the point I am not debating the current quality of BLK -v- Nike or any other brand with you. You have your biased view on that and it won't change so it is a mute point. You hate BLK no matter what they produce and that clearly floats your boat

But what I said was that for you to suggest that gear made over 10 years ago that might have been made in Aust somehow means better quality in 2015 is a ridiculous comparison. Nothing more, nothing less
didnt say that, was just replying to the dude that said they're all made in the same asian sweatshop.

I have a Richmond guernsey from 2003 made by Nike in aus and yes it is better quality than the guernseys I have that are made by kooga or whatever they call emselves these days even though it's almost 13 years old!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 08:28:08 PM »
didnt say that, was just replying to the dude that said they're all made in the same asian sweatshop.

I have a Richmond guernsey from 2003 made by Nike in aus and yes it is better quality than the guernseys I have that are made by kooga or whatever they call emselves these days even though it's almost 13 years old!

Well that's comical because I have a signed 3 y.o. KooGa Guernsey hanging in a wardrobe that was made in Australia, also have a Nike one, plus a Reebok one and they are all exactly the same fabric.....

Actually any guernseys made in aust (and that's nearly non-exsistent now) are made at the one factory in Aust... all apparel companies use the one company to make them

And what I said is ALL apparel companies get the MAJORITY of their product made in Asia, ALL of them. So I repeat your comparison is ridiculous, comparing a Nike jumper made more than 10 years ago is not a valid argument. Comapre what Nike makes now off shore and then compare quality

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »

I think you mean moot point not mute !!!!!! Hahahahahah

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

Well that's comical because I have a signed 3 y.o. KooGa Guernsey hanging in a wardrobe that was made in Australia, also have a Nike one, plus a Reebok one and they are all exactly the same fabric.....

Actually any guernseys made in aust (and that's nearly non-exsistent now) are made at the one factory in Aust... all apparel companies use the one company to make them

And what I said is ALL apparel companies get the MAJORITY of their product made in Asia, ALL of them. So I repeat your comparison is ridiculous, comparing a Nike jumper made more than 10 years ago is not a valid argument. Comapre what Nike makes now off shore and then compare quality
Wouldn't have thought you had an eye for quality? They are not the same quality or material and if you actually believe that you are delusional. The fabric are not the same I REPEAT, not the same

First time I've heard someone say that kooga, nike and puma are the same fabric. Go to rebel and compare an tigers guernsey with the superior quality adidas, nike and puma and you will see.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 12:23:23 AM »

The fabric are not the same I REPEAT, not the same

Is the fabric the same?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 02:41:41 AM »

The fabric are not the same I REPEAT, not the same

Is the fabric the same?

This issue could tear at the very fabric of our club.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 10:26:16 AM »
Phil, it is a stuffing thread about Tiger presents.  You would start a stuffing riot in a room containing just you.