Author Topic: Hardwick: 'we will be better' / Dimma wants Dusty to become Jobe 2.0 (afl site)  (Read 3768 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
im sure he is aware of all contract talks.

I am sure he is but you said "sign him up...you knob Hardwick"

Getting any player to sign a contract isn't the Coach's job.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

who are you james hird trying to be technical.

sign him up yes. He is the coach so buck stops with him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Can't argue with the second half of Angus's quote.  :gotigers
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Claw, you keep banging on about Dusty's contested possession rate, but that is down down to Hardwick.

He wanted dusty to get more outside ball to protect his young body from getting too much of a smashing.
oh dear oh dear oh dear. so its all down to the coach.
sheesh i can win a ball but wait i cant dimma told me i had to stay outside.
just 32% last yr of martins possesions were contested. it would be one of the lowest c/p rates going around. ffs out and out outside players like hill and and pearce at freo won more c/ps.ffs shaun grigg had a better ratio and bugger me ellis was not far behind him.
just an example of what the better players do.
ablett went at 56% fyfe went at 60% watson is around 50% most yrs went at 41% this yr. wheres dusty at a whopping 32% i combined with the lack of running both ways the lack of tackles and stuff me martin has plenty to improve and work on.

when i played i had pride in the way i went about it seems too many of ours have little pride at all. if the coaching staff wont challenge em then they need to challenge themselves there is no excuses.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

Look.

What good is a coach if he can't get players to re-sign
On the strength of his personal relationship  with the player and coaching ability?

Allocate the responsibility on paper to another if u must but a decent coach
Is able to pull poo like this off. FUCKN dud
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:28:00 PM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Long bow
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
So I guess they don't play for the coach at richmond.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
The Tom Hafey game loss.
Pfffft.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
What do they play for? What do they stand for?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Oh good, another player Hardwick is trying to change into someone he is not. He tried to change him into a backman last year and now this... Really. Wouldn't want to leave him where is is most damaging would you Damien...let's wait for half the season before he realises his mistake AGAIN.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not that I agreed but I understood the disdain for Dusty's move to the backline. But you cannot seriously say you don't want him playing mostly midfield?!!!!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
He should of said that he wants him to be like Jabs Twatson without needing the jabs
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not that I agreed but I understood the disdain for Dusty's move to the backline. But you cannot seriously say you don't want him playing mostly midfield?!!!!
and winning more contested ball. to me watson is a great example of what martin should strive for.

in martin f first yr he displayed a well rounded gane apart from his ability to run both ways due to his motor. it had us all in awe of what would come.
its an idictment on both player and club that he had more c/ps in his first yr than any other season. he had more tackles and almost double the amount of clearances than now all in his first yr.
 he sure finds more ball but key areas have gone backwards.

i dont know about you but i sure as hell think he needs to be challnged and told to bloody pick it up. he can be every bit as good as watson and more  damaging. we dont want this bloke almost exclusively  sitting on the outside. we want him to round his game out be a leader have the ability to bring team mates into the game, and consistently  go get a hard ball when we need it. we know he can do it but  hes gone too far one way , he now needs to get back on a more level footing and become  the thing that makes mids exceptional and that is being well rounded.

hes a bloody good player already but he could be so so much better. this is why we have coaches.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
And here is me thinking he had his best year for the club last year

I now know that must be wrong

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
And here is me thinking he had his best year for the club last year

I now know that must be wrong
you shouldnt believe what you read or are told by reporters or the club. thought you would have worked that one out by now.
did he really have his best yr or did he just get a bit more cheap ball.
me i think hes pretty much the same player he was in yr 3. the only area that has continued to rise is his uncontested possesion count hes getting more ball it was one area that had to improve as do others.
for what its worth   i think his 2nd season his all round season best.

hes a  pick 3 who has all the attributes to become a wonderful well rounded player, who imo is  fast becoming almost exclusively an outside player.  hardwick for once is right in challenging him.

i dont get it people complain about the coach.  they know we must improve and that improvement can only really come from within.   when hardwick demands players improve some key areas of their games they go all defensive and have a whack at the coach.
martin can improve and must. the obvious is he improves those areas that he isnt doing so well in.