Author Topic: Have Carlton Lost their Spot in the Big 4 of Melbourne  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Have Carlton Lost their Spot in the Big 4 of Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
Carlton's tight finances compelled the club to receive AFL assistance in February, with the Blues having received a five-figure advance from their annual AFL distribution.

While many clubs receive advances on their multimillion-dollar annual dividend – often to make ends meet in the off-season – Carlton's need for a "small" five-figure cash injection was a direct consequence of the club's struggles in membership.

The advance payment from the AFL –  common among clubs with tight finances, but rare for the competition's power clubs – comes as the Blues deal with a diminished sponsorship from the Pratt family, whose company Visy has reduced its outlay from $1.5million four years ago to $500,000 this year.

I know I bang on about karma a fair bit but here's another example of it doing it's best work.  You want to cheat - cop this, and you want to steal other club's pokie revenue after all the ground work has been done - cop this.  Suffer, you miserable cheating lowlife.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
We lost it in 1982
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 02:08:14 PM »
Carlton's tight finances compelled the club to receive AFL assistance in February, with the Blues having received a five-figure advance from their annual AFL distribution.

While many clubs receive advances on their multimillion-dollar annual dividend – often to make ends meet in the off-season – Carlton's need for a "small" five-figure cash injection was a direct consequence of the club's struggles in membership.

The advance payment from the AFL –  common among clubs with tight finances, but rare for the competition's power clubs – comes as the Blues deal with a diminished sponsorship from the Pratt family, whose company Visy has reduced its outlay from $1.5million four years ago to $500,000 this year.

I know I bang on about karma a fair bit but here's another example of it doing it's best work.  You want to cheat - cop this, and you want to steal other club's pokie revenue after all the ground work has been done - cop this.  Suffer, you miserable cheating lowlife.

I hesitate to say this bc I really do feel for the young blokes(it isn't their fault) but its a bit like melbournes luck with top draftees  - karma's a bitch for the amount of tanking that pathetic organisation has doen over the journey. Even the shifty back room shenanigans they did with GWS to get Viney for a 2nd rounder. They stuffed up by passing ona  future superstar of the game Ollie Wines - so suck poo you wankers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 12:26:43 AM »
The Blues' annual revenue is still in the top 5 in the AFL (we're 11th). However, we have greater assets than the Carlton and of course making million dollar profits compared to their million dollar losses.

5. Carlton

Ownership Structure: Membership, Limited by Guarantee
    2014 Revenue: $56,641,156
    2014 Loss: ($1,605,453)
    2014 Assets: $25,295,881
    2014 Annual Report

The Blues have begun to feel the lack of success financially, with members not buying into the Club despite the 150th year celebrations in 2014. Even the Blues own po-kie facilities dropped a million in revenue, while small decreases were also felt across the board. The Blues need to start playing finals again, and quickly before the hole deepens.

11. Richmond

Ownership Structure: Membership, Limited by Guarantee
    2014 Revenue: $44,408,127
    2014 Profit: $1,329,530
    2014 Assets: $29,345,548
    2014 Annual Report

As the phoenix continues to rise so do the fortunes of the Richmond football club, as the fellows from Punt Road set new records in membership revenue, sponsorship revenue and coterie revenue, as well as running a tight, efficient ship. The club is every chance of passing Collingwood for members in the near future.

http://www.bigfooty.com/news/2015/03/afl-rich-list-your-clubs-finances-rated/

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »
Very interesting read the entire BF article, very interesting indeed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
WP where did you think we sit on the wealth ladder in the AFL?Do you think the loss of those pokie venues  a few years back has been made up for in other areas or are we still feeling the pinch?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »
WP where did you think we sit on the wealth ladder in the AFL?Do you think the loss of those pokie venues  a few years back has been made up for in other areas or are we still feeling the pinch?

Read the article Gig and it tells you where we sit.

Personally, and I've said this many times they haven't done enough to replace the Pokie revenue. They seem to have used the FTF to cover that loss and I don't agree with that. I think they rely to heavily on the FTF. They have been very lucky with it so far IMVHO.

I am also concerned with these reports about us bing interested in getting involved in a new NBL franchise. I don't know many NBL sides that turn a profit. Therefore & again it's just MHO not a smart move.

I know where I'd be looking to invest and it isn't in another sport
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »
im probably the only bloke that only cares when we beat them. All this other rubbish means SFA. Big 4 this that WGAF

They have embarrassed our club more than we have them thats a fact. Ditto the gypsy kangaroos

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 09:22:22 PM »
Angus  I also want to smash them into oblivion...Despite most having Collingwood and the  Dons as their least favourite club,this mob is in my book a clear number one .

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
im probably the only bloke that only cares when we beat them. All this other rubbish means SFA. Big 4 this that WGAF

They have embarrassed our club more than we have them thats a fact. Ditto the gypsy kangaroos

Maybe in recent times but overall our head to head finals & GF record against them actually says otherwise.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »

I think Myself and Tigeritis are just as passionate in hating/beating the two clubs you mention.

As much as I wanna smash them both I'll take a pensive one point win anytime against those two. :gotigers